NBC Sports Edge Forums

Matt Breida 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's going to end up having stand-alone value.  Everyone's hesitant because his situation/offense is less than ideal but he's behind one of the most injury-prone RBs in the league and playing in an offense that has provided fantasy value to multiple RBs in the past.

If Hyde starts hobbling, Breida should be added aggressively everywhere. 

Edited by smeeze
1 hour ago, smeeze said:

He's going to end up having stand-alone value.  Everyone's hesitant because his situation/offense is less than ideal but he's behind one of the most injury-prone RBs in the league and playing in an offense that has provided fantasy value to multiple RBs in the past.

If Hyde starts hobbling, Breida should be added aggressively everywhere. 

Should be?  

In that scenario he must be added aggressively.  

Right now he should be added aggressively before the hobbling begins.... 

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

Should be?  

In that scenario he must be added aggressively.  

Right now he should be added aggressively before the hobbling begins.... 

Agree.  Once Hyde starts hobbling, you're not getting this guy for free.  Grab him now for free, people!

Any udfa that beat out a vet like Hightower and a 4th rd williams for a backup role with hyde's injury history is worth storing... the thunder and lightning comment makes it more intriguing... worse case... dropalooza on ww later

5 hours ago, Szer0 said:

Any udfa that beat out a vet like Hightower and a 4th rd williams for a backup role with hyde's injury history is worth storing... the thunder and lightning comment makes it more intriguing... worse case... dropalooza on ww later

Especially for a coach with a history of making stars out of UDFA running backs. 

Trying not to make this an AC forum question but I'm sure others are thinking of this. 

Breida as a Coleman type in a Shanahan offense vs. Kamara as a Bush type (satellite back) in a Peyton offense. 

Both seem like talented rookies. Both would have a larger increase in workload if injury happened to RB above them. Breida seems to have more value in standard possibly while Kamara in PPR? Fair assessment? 

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

Trying not to make this an AC forum question but I'm sure others are thinking of this. 

Breida as a Coleman type in a Shanahan offense vs. Kamara as a Bush type (satellite back) in a Peyton offense. 

Both seem like talented rookies. Both would have a larger increase in workload if injury happened to RB above them. Breida seems to have more value in standard possibly while Kamara in PPR? Fair assessment? 

Seems to be fair. But with more opps for breida... since there's no ingram and ad to compete with.

Yet to see what thunder and lightning looks like with hyde and Breida.

Physical measurement size wise... freeman/coleman doesn't really match up to hyde/breida.

But one can infer from the running style that coleman is what they see in breida... But hyde is not as an accomplished receiver as freeman is.

Last but not least. Coleman can push piles on his own. Saw A clip somewhere where breida with a smaller body would struggle at those goal line touches

2 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Seems to be fair. But with more opps for breida... since there's no ingram and ad to compete with.

Yet to see what thunder and lightning looks like with hyde and Breida.

Physical measurement size wise... freeman/coleman doesn't really match up to hyde/breida.

But one can infer from the running style that coleman is what they see in breida... But hyde is not as an accomplished receiver as freeman is.

Last but not least. Coleman can push piles on his own. Saw A clip somewhere where breida with a smaller body would struggle at those goal line touches

Factor in Hyde on record saying "Me and him are going to play the same amount and he'll keep me fresh." If the starter himself is saying it and he likes the sound of it, then there is likely some truth there. 

54 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Except you are overlooking KJ in San Fran. He could definitely be a factor.

7 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Except you are overlooking KJ in San Fran. He could definitely be a factor.

KJ will be a factor with or without Hyde.

Like how he had vultured some of the Ravens TD with either a goal-line sub-package plays designed to throw to him or a goal-line smash in with him.... that will not change with or without hyde... that's what they were paying KJ as the highest paid FB for...

10 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

KJ will be a factor with or without Hyde.

Like how he had vultured some of the Ravens TD with either a goal-line sub-package plays designed to throw to him or a goal-line smash in with him.... that will not change with or without hyde... that's what they were paying KJ as the highest paid FB for...

Yeah, the offensive weapon will get his, much like Marcel Reese got his in Oakland.  But I think his usage will be erratic.

I'd rather have the guy that supposedly will be on the field as much as Hyde and will take over in the event of a Hyde injury.

As a Hyde owner, this forum is making me feel better cuffing him with Breida now. I hope he is as talented as expected. The biggest hope is that the 49ers are just a better team this year in general and Brian Hoyer is good enough to push an offense to competing.

24 minutes ago, Cavs93 said:

Reading this thread I'm thinking of dropping Hyde for brieda 

LOL, ok, maybe there is a little bit of excitement about him.  But you're not seeing the choo-choo meme with Breida's face on it, are you?  I don't think the hype train has gotten out of control with this guy.  But what's not to like?  Shanahan proved he could make a 2 back system work in Atlanta.  Hyde says the Breida is going to play.  Breida impressed enough in the preseason that they got rid of Tim Hightower and the drafted rookie went on IR.  He's only 4% owned in Yahoo right now and that number will surely rise.

52 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yeah, the offensive weapon will get his, much like Marcel Reese got his in Oakland.  But I think his usage will be erratic.

I'd rather have the guy that supposedly will be on the field as much as Hyde and will take over in the event of a Hyde injury.

Any hints from the team how KJ will be used this season?

My expectations of Breida as a Hyde and Breida owner is a super valuable cuff. He looked okay in preseason but it's the 49ers and I don't think he looks anywhere near talented as Hyde. He does look like the better passing back and would fly in the open field. I could see him getting 6-8 touches a game to start the year. He should def help keep Hyde healthy and if the 49ers ever actually have good game flow and are winning then I could see him getting 10-12 touches. 

Id pick up even if not a Hyde owner. Hyde dos get injured. 

Edited by SuperHans