Matt Breida 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Queequeg said:

Doesn't a lot of home cooking go into pro day numbers though? I mean, there's no doubt he's athletic, but these numbers are craaaazy.

Pro day numbers are generally better than combine numbers, but not Adelaide Byrd level funny business.

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Is Breida the clear handcuff here?  He seems like he's worth a stash.

Yes. He's also the perfect TNF stash if you're in a league that lets you drop players from your bench even after they've played. Drop your kicker for him before TNF and see if he becomes a thing due to a Hyde injury or something.

Edited by Vendetta
3 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Is anyone worried about his size? Is there any injury history information? Small guy like this has me a little worried he can handle a decent workload in the NFL.

More worried about the defense if he gets the rock

1 hour ago, PistolPete87 said:

In the Shanahan offense, I don't think his size will make much of a difference. He probably won't break a bunch of tackles, but he's shifty and definitely will be productive if given the chance.

He is the next Jamaal Charles.  Get in while you still can.

3 minutes ago, petekrum said:

5'11", 180 lbs. Got news for ya, he'll never be more than a change of pace back.

I beg to differ

Breida is the next man up. They will get a split timeshare. Hyde said it, thunder and lightning.

50/50 tonight and we are confident Hyde will lose his starting role due to performance or health related. I hope the former but the latter would not suprise us fantasy experts.

2 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

I beg to differ

Breida is the next man up. They will get a split timeshare. Hyde said it, thunder and lightning.

50/50 tonight and we are confident Hyde will lose his starting role due to performance or health related. I hope the former but the latter would not suprise us fantasy experts.

I like what I've seen from Breida and have him stashed in dynasty from training camp, but I don't see Hyde losing his job unless he gets injured. Hyde has a 7 YPC right now. When healthy, Hyde is one of the most talented runners in the league.