NBC Sports EDGE Forums

#1 PICK IN 2 QB DRAFT **WHIR**

goodwidp

As stated in the subject, I have the #1 overall pick in my 2 QB league. My keeper is Jordan Howard (7th round). I'm considering going D. Johnson so I'm stacked at RB and then grabbing a 2nd tier QB like Wilson/Carr and WR with my 2nd & 3rd picks. Or should I go with a QB at #1 overall (Rodgers or Brady) since I already have my RB1 with Howard? Also, other teams' keepers are irrelevant as no one is keeping a top 5 player. 

Passing TDs are 4 pts, fwiw. 

Thanks very much, as always. Leave link for WHIR.

Edited by goodwidp

You should absolutely take David Johnson at #1. It's not even a debate. There's no guarantee Rodgers will be the #1 fantasy QB. If I'm spending the #1 pick in a 4 point TD league, you better believe I'd want a guarantee. With the RB shortage in this year's draft (not many proven guys), I'd feel really good about heading into the season with Johnson and Howard anchoring my team. If you could pair Wilson with a guy like Carr, or even guys like Rivers or Dalton later on it's a great situation to be in. Don't reach on the QB. Play it safe and go with as close as a sure thing as you'll get in DJ.

17 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

You should absolutely take David Johnson at #1. It's not even a debate. There's no guarantee Rodgers will be the #1 fantasy QB. If I'm spending the #1 pick in a 4 point TD league, you better believe I'd want a guarantee. With the RB shortage in this year's draft (not many proven guys), I'd feel really good about heading into the season with Johnson and Howard anchoring my team. If you could pair Wilson with a guy like Carr, or even guys like Rivers or Dalton later on it's a great situation to be in. Don't reach on the QB. Play it safe and go with as close as a sure thing as you'll get in DJ.

This.

QB is the new D.

David Johnson is obviously a fine pick at #1, but I personally have Antonio Brown at the top of my draft board. He'd be my first choice. Regardless, I definitely wouldn't target a QB in that spot. I realize that you can't wait too long on the position in 2QB leagues, but I wouldn't be using the #1 pick on one.