NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jcedwards said:

Been contemplating picking him up. Do you think he is a good backup to Eifert or is he more of just a stash for dynasty since he is a rookie? 

Likely more of a stash.  Rookie TE's rarely make an impact first year, but you never know.

2 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Likely more of a stash.  Rookie TE's rarely make an impact first year, but you never know.

I really like the guy but I already have Njoku, so I'm not sure if I need another guy to stash.  Im intrigued though because the other options aren't worth anything, so I'm tempted to pick him up and hope for the best. 

I'm in just for the targets he should get by default.  Most rookie TE are useless but Kittle is a good blocker so he shouldn't play himself off the field & that tells me he's all but a lock for anywhere between 5-8 targets per game, even if most are low-upside/yac checkdowns for modest yards.  You never know, could be another Chris Cooley type in the making.

Sixteen team dynasty with 28 spots each counting IR...anyone who has good chance for touches has value. ;)

For me, it's a buck on a flier to fill the spot opened when Meredith went IR. 

Edited by wayzupusc
4 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Sixteen team dynasty with 28 spots each counting IR...anyone who has good chance for touches has value. ;)

For me, it's a buck on a flier to fill the spot opened when Meredith went IR. 

Just now, JoeJoe88 said:

Wouldn't bother in redraft, but I certainly am in dynasty.  

Yeah I could see how deep dynasty leagues it would make sense. Carry on. 

I think less of rookie TEs than most, but this is one of the those rare circumstances where a rookie is going to shine.  Kittle came from a pro style offense, is already an elite blocker (so he'll stay on the field) and boasts better measurables than Howard.  He's been one of the stars of Niners camp all off season.  

Shanahan moved MacDonald for a reason.  It is because Kittle is ready for a big roll.

Don't roster him.  It's far too risky.  I am only writing this so you'll remember where you first heard that he would be fantasy relevant in 2017.

Edited by Rolling Thunder
11 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

I think less of rookie TEs than most, but this is one of the those rare circumstances where a rookie is going to shine.  Kittle came from a pro style offense, is already an elite blocker (so he'll stay on the field) and boasts better measurables than Howard.  He's been one of the stars of Niners camp all off season.  

Shanahan moved MacDonald for a reason.  It is because Kittle is ready for a big roll.

Don't roster him.  It's far too risky.  I am only writing this so you'll remember where you first heard that he would be fantasy relevant in 2017.

Iowa has a history of developing good TEs.  Kittle is really a special player.  He was a skinny little kid when he came to Iowa and Doyle turned him into a beast of a blocker.  He doesn't have elite receiving ability but I think it's above average.  It's hard to find a young TE that can catch and block well.

I also love the CJ Beathard to Kittle combo.

Edited by Hawkeye21
On 8/29/2017 at 9:39 PM, Rolling Thunder said:

a role? or a dinner roll? lol

On 8/29/2017 at 8:31 PM, Gohawks said:

I'm going to add him so my league knows I am better at fantasy football than them.

On 8/29/2017 at 8:39 PM, Rolling Thunder said:

Screw it. Goodbye Rex Burkhead. Hello George Kittle! Fantasy football championship here I come.

Now all I need is a nifty team name and logo for Kittle. I'm thinking Committal to Kittle.

On 8/29/2017 at 9:39 PM, Rolling Thunder said:

You're way too late to claim"first"... been touting the rookie as a legit pickup since the NFL draft.

Backed up my boast by picking him up along with Rico after passing on all the Big name rooks. This was back in the first week of May. Rico has to wait on Witten but Vance was overpriced by the previous 49'er regime. Not claiming top ten but as a streamer on a team that should be playing from behind quite a bit Kittle may crack a few starting lineups for bye weeks.