NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, CamNewton said:

Screw it. Goodbye Rex Burkhead. Hello George Kittle! Fantasy football championship here I come.

Now all I need is a nifty team name and logo for Kittle. I'm thinking Committal to Kittle.

You could also draft Fitzgerald and name your team "Kittles 'n Fitz". 

I'm just not seeing it, to be honest.

Seems like Shanahan is just compiling a string of H-back types to breed some versatility in his offense.  Just like signing FB Kyle Juszczyk.

Don't see this guy becoming Jordan Reed in year 1.

41 minutes ago, Robrain said:

I'm just not seeing it, to be honest

Don't see this guy becoming Jordan Reed in year 1.

Don't think anybody else is predicting that either. Just seeing a rookie with above average athleticism playing on a team that should be playing catch up with a check down king @ QB. Outside of Garcon no major target hogs established yet. There's a chance for Kittle to become the safety blanket piling up garbage time stats.

Worth a flier.

59 minutes ago, c1ockwerk said:

Hoyer has thrown 5 TDs to Cameron and 3 to Miller. 

3/6 last year to TEs.

I can see him as a decent end zone target in this offense. 

i can see 400-500 and 3-4 TDs

Yeah, those are pretty much in line with my expectations given Shanahan's usage and his offseason personnel additions.

2 hours ago, italyjg21 said:

You could also draft Fitzgerald and name your team "Kittles 'n Fitz". 

I actually did draft Fitz...

You've clearly got to be some kind of psychic or witch. Either way, I'm copping that name. B)

Although now that means I've got to replace my old one of Kaep-tin America with this patriotic logo.

rrpLfhe.jpg

Edited by CamNewton
On 8/31/2017 at 3:54 PM, CamNewton said:

I actually did draft Fitz...

You've clearly got to be some kind of psychic or witch. Either way, I'm copping that name. B)

Although now that means I've got to replace my old one of Kaep-tin America with this patriotic logo.

rrpLfhe.jpg

Hahahaha. I would have to go with Witch considering I live in the Witch capitol of the world. Funny thing is I'm not kidding. Oh the coincidences. That was a pretty sweet name and icon, but it's time to move on!

Edited by italyjg21
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, floppy said:

anything to see here?

Niners do not pass to WR in the red zone. They'll either run it in or throw it to their TE. Only 1 Niner WR has a TD this year and he's a nobody - Trent Taylor.

Kittle is worth a shot in 12 team leagues. Shanahan went to him on some big plays yesterday, particularly on their game tieing drive on 4th and 1 and pulled in a 19 yard catch, followed up with the game tieing TD of course. It just goes to show that Kittle is trusted in the offense and could play a bigger part down the road. You can do much worse streaming TE, especially against the Skins this week. ROS, I'm not sure. I wouldn't bank on the Niner offense, but he's trending in the right direction.

Edited by TheLegacy
14 minutes ago, floppy said:

anything to see here?

Unless you own Gronk, Ertz, Kelce or Delanie, he may be worth a look, whether on your bench or streaming this week against a Skins defense that's given up a lot of points to the TE.

He had a very good game this week. The targets, catches, and yards were all there. Don't be fooled by Dickson's big game. If you owned Clay, this is the guy you want to gamble on.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Unless you own Gronk, Ertz, Kelce or Delanie, he may be worth a look, whether on your bench or streaming this week against a Skins defense that's given up a lot of points to the TE.

He had a very good game this week. The targets, catches, and yards were all there. Don't be fooled by Dickson's big game. If you owned Clay, this is the guy you want to gamble on.

Sadly I've watched every 9ers game this season and the dude has been involved since game 1. I do think he may become a bigger and bigger part of the offense as the season progresses.

I think he was questionable at the start of the season because of a hamstring issue, so maybe it took him a bit to get to 100%. Either way, his role seems to be expanding. He did put most of his numbers up in one drive, but it was in crunch time and Hoyer seems to trust him.

thanks guys. I was going to shoot for griffin because the browns literally give up everything to the tight end.

"Houston TE Ryan Griffin. The Browns have allowed more TDs (5) to TEs this year than they have to WRs (4)"

but u are convincing me otherwise maybe little will be the guy to own. who knows.

30 minutes ago, floppy said:

thanks guys. I was going to shoot for griffin because the browns literally give up everything to the tight end.

"Houston TE Ryan Griffin. The Browns have allowed more TDs (5) to TEs this year than they have to WRs (4)"

but u are convincing me otherwise maybe little will be the guy to own. who knows.

Redskins also give up tons to the TE. Both are good bye week fliers this week. Its a crapshoot like everything else in fantasy.

Also had to decide between Kittle or Griffin. Decided on Kittle due to ROS outlook. 

Establishing Hoyer's trust + SF is more likely to be playing from behind most games (setting up situations like week 5). 

And if Hoyer stinks it up or gets hurt, he supposedly has rapport w/ CJ Beathard as well. 

Rich Hribar has him listed under "Trust" on his week 6 work sheet: George Kittle (last week was his first week involved in the offense and that should continue against a Washington team that has allowed a TE1 in every game this season)

According to Evan Silva, apparently Kittle had a better SPARQ score than Evan Engram, David Njoku and OJ Howard (whatever that's worth).

I'm starting to think he's definitely the guy if you're looking for a week 6 streamer at TE.

20 hours ago, smeeze said:

Rich Hribar has him listed under "Trust" on his week 6 work sheet: George Kittle (last week was his first week involved in the offense and that should continue against a Washington team that has allowed a TE1 in every game this season)

According to Evan Silva, apparently Kittle had a better SPARQ score than Evan Engram, David Njoku and OJ Howard (whatever that's worth).

I'm starting to think he's definitely the guy if you're looking for a week 6 streamer at TE.

I'm assuming his SPARQ score was so high because of his blocking skills combined with ability to catch.  He is the best blocking TE in this year's class and even though his receiving skills may not be as great as those other guys they are still pretty good.

35 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm assuming his SPARQ score was so high because of his blocking skills combined with ability to catch.  He is the best blocking TE in this year's class and even though his receiving skills may not be as great as those other guys they are still pretty good.

The SPARQ score is a formula to measure athleticism based on forty, 3 cone, bench, shuttle, broad & vertical jump etc. It doesn't have anything to do with football skills. 

21 hours ago, smeeze said:

Except I'm pretty sure that SPARQ score is likely height/weight adjusted.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/george-kittle/

Kittle ran a 4.52.  Engram ran a 4.42.

1 hour ago, Robrain said:

Except I'm pretty sure that SPARQ score is likely height/weight adjusted.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/george-kittle/

Kittle ran a 4.52.  Engram ran a 4.42.

Honestly, I’m not sure because Nike’s SPARQ calculator hasn’t been available to the public since 2014, but you’re probably right.