NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rolling Thunder said:

Spoken like a true Hawkeye.

Also a person who plays fantasy football.  He's been on someone else's roster in my Dynasty league for a while and he's not an Iowa fan, just a smart manager.

Like I said before, it depends on roster sizes.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Also a person who plays fantasy football.  He's been on someone else's roster in my Dynasty league for a while and he's not an Iowa fan, just a smart manager.

He's been on my dynasty team since Week 1, just chillin' on the taxi with Taywan and Godwin.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Hey, I'm on record (far earlier than most) promoting Kittle.  If that offense can iron out the kinks and stay on the field better, folks will start seeing a nice floor from this guy and some attractive upside too.

not sure if I trust him this year, this week, he had a good gam but basically his entire stat sheet was on that final drive.. I understand the juicy matchup but people feel confident running him out there over the other "streamers" - derby, cook, griffin, etc...

2 hours ago, floppy said:

not sure if I trust him this year, this week, he had a good gam but basically his entire stat sheet was on that final drive.. I understand the juicy matchup but people feel confident running him out there over the other "streamers" - derby, cook, griffin, etc...

Derby yes, Cook is already owned on most rosters, Griffin is a coinflip. He hasnt done much this year except for one game either.

On 10/13/2017 at 11:18 AM, floppy said:

Kittle is in a spot very similar to Seferian-Jenkins, so it might be a bit hypocritical to buy in on the former and not the latter. Both had their best games of the season last week, and both have very favorable matchups this week. But what George Kittle did last week – almost single-handedly willing his team into overtime on a game-tying drive – is the type of performance that jettisons a player into a much bigger role in an offense.

He’s third on the team in targets so far this season and has reeled in almost all of the balls that have come his way. The Redskins have given up over 90 yards to tight ends in three out of the four games they’ve played in 2017, which bodes well for the emerging Kittle.

1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Kittle is in a spot very similar to Seferian-Jenkins, so it might be a bit hypocritical to buy in on the former and not the latter. Both had their best games of the season last week, and both have very favorable matchups this week. But what George Kittle did last week – almost single-handedly willing his team into overtime on a game-tying drive – is the type of performance that jettisons a player into a much bigger role in an offense.

He’s third on the team in targets so far this season and has reeled in almost all of the balls that have come his way. The Redskins have given up over 90 yards to tight ends in three out of the four games they’ve played in 2017, which bodes well for the emerging Kittle.

Yeah, I think they both have about equal chance for a TD, with Kittle more likely to be the guy if you need exactly 5 receptions, and ASJ more likely to give you a 6+ catch ceiling.

Read: I think it's clear that Kittle will be involved, but I don't necessarily think they'll feed Kittle like McCown will potentially feed ASJ.

Edited by Robrain
On 10/14/2017 at 7:58 PM, Robrain said:

Yeah, I think they both have about equal chance for a TD, with Kittle more likely to be the guy if you need exactly 5 receptions, and ASJ more likely to give you a 6+ catch ceiling.

Read: I think it's clear that Kittle will be involved, but I don't necessarily think they'll feed Kittle like McCown will potentially feed ASJ.

Damn, not shabby.  Results:

Kittle = 4 receptions / 46 receiving yards.

ASJ = 8 receptions / 46 receiving yards / 1 receiving TD

On 10/17/2017 at 5:23 PM, Jwook said:

Dallas is not good at defending TEs

Do keep in mind Dallas comes off the bye so everybody is at 110%. The other bits I agree with, SF will be down all game, which doesn't bode well for my poor Hyde :(

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

Do keep in mind Dallas comes off the bye so everybody is at 110%. The other bits I agree with, SF will be down all game, which doesn't bode well for my poor Hyde :(

Actually, Hyde is so firmly part of the pass game (thank Shanny for that) that game script is not a problem.  

With Foster likely to be back, and Reid seemingly healthy, I'm taking the under on this game (even though I'm starting Dak by necesssity in one league).