NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, fakespike said:

I think he's a sleeper vs philly, based much on the garbage time aspect. Weather situation is disconcerting though. 

If Trent Brown doesn't play, the offense will be hopeless.  This O-line is already suffering declining play from an aging Staley and 2 less-than-replacement level OGs.  Losing their one decent O-lineman against one of the best front seven in the league would be problematic, to say the least.  Kittle could very well be ticketed to serve as a defacto 6th lineman most snaps.

27 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

If Trent Brown doesn't play, the offense will be hopeless.  This O-line is already suffering declining play from an aging Staley and 2 less-than-replacement level OGs.  Losing their one decent O-lineman against one of the best front seven in the league would be problematic, to say the least.  Kittle could very well be ticketed to serve as a defacto 6th lineman most snaps.

So I should start Croft instead?

Okay folks.  It's a new era in SF. 

As a Pats fan, I have wanted Brady to fall apart the past three years and it pains me that he is still alive and improving.  Nonetheless, I am very happy to see my Jimmy grow up and get the reins for a team that has a chance.  Decent coach, some real nice talent surrounding him, lacking O-Line, but (like Rodgers) I think Jimmy can manage with some scrambling and decent play calling.  

It has yet to be determined whom his key targets are going to be but we definitely have to consider that Kittle now has the right gunslinger to maximize this dude's talent, and to do it right now.  The Jimmy G - Kittle connection might be what fantasy championships are made of this year, expect this to take three weeks to get some consistency, but it is probably going to happen.  I'm stashing in all leagues I can hold him. 

6 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Okay folks.  It's a new era in SF. 

As a Pats fan, I have wanted Brady to fall apart the past three years and it pains me that he is still alive and improving.  Nonetheless, I am very happy to see my Jimmy grow up and get the reins for a team that has a chance.  Decent coach, some real nice talent surrounding him, lacking O-Line, but (like Rodgers) I think Jimmy can manage with some scrambling and decent play calling.  

It has yet to be determined whom his key targets are going to be but we definitely have to consider that Kittle now has the right gunslinger to maximize this dude's talent, and to do it right now.  The Jimmy G - Kittle connection might be what fantasy championships are made of this year, expect this to take three weeks to get some consistency, but it is probably going to happen.  I'm stashing in all leagues I can hold him. 

Yup

5 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Burned me twice but have to keep with the new QB.

Yup

Kittle will be a fine TE some day, just not this year in my team.

Although now I start wondering whether having Garappolo throw the ball at him will be a benefit (what with the NE background)... Never mind, that's a consideration for next year.