NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slot receiver Trent Taylor is now the best receiver on the team.  He's a Beasly/Edelman clone though.

UDFA WR Kendrick Bourne will get some run now too.  He flashed some during PS.  He's no Garcon though, that is for sure.

Edited by Rolling Thunder
24 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Slot receiver Trent Taylor is now the best receiver on the team.  He's a Beasly/Edelman clone though.

UDFA WR Kendrick Bourne will get some run now too.  He flashed some during PS.  He's no Garcon though, that is for sure.

Anything you post about SF gets an automatic upvote from me, becasue I know that you know. Both added to the watch list.

10 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

I'll piggyback Boudewijn and blindly follow you, this weekend can Kittle feast over the middle with Peterson locking down 1 side??? 1 week play if he beasts and sticks great but for 1 week isn't this a good matchup? I seen Arians says they want to pound Peterson, if that is the case I could see time eating off the clock.

1 hour ago, turner46 said:

I'll piggyback Boudewijn and blindly follow you, this weekend can Kittle feast over the middle with Peterson locking down 1 side??? 1 week play if he beasts and sticks great but for 1 week isn't this a good matchup? I seen Arians says they want to pound Peterson, if that is the case I could see time eating off the clock.

The problem is, who is crossing the GL in this game?  I hope I am wrong, (am stuck starting Hyde, Peterson and Fitz), but we could see nothing but field goals in this contest.  Stanton vs Beathard.  What else is there to know?  

22 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

The problem is, who is crossing the GL in this game?  I hope I am wrong, (am stuck starting Hyde, Peterson and Fitz), but we could see nothing but field goals in this contest.  Stanton vs Beathard.  What else is there to know?  

Good point, I definitely could see a low scoring FG affair.

Another reason for some hope in this game is that AZ's D has not been very good this season, especially rushing the passer:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/11/4/16603060/49ers-cardinals-preview-arizona-defense-is-not-good

As I posted in the Beathard thread, I bet Beathard bounces back to have a decent to good game, even with the messed up O-line situation and Garçon lost for the year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/31/2017 at 12:43 PM, howlin' 2 said:

You're way too late to claim"first"... been touting the rookie as a legit pickup since the NFL draft.

Backed up my boast by picking him up along with Rico after passing on all the Big name rooks. This was back in the first week of May. Rico has to wait on Witten but Vance was overpriced by the previous 49'er regime. Not claiming top ten but as a streamer on a team that should be playing from behind quite a bit Kittle may crack a few starting lineups for bye weeks.

Next year claiming Top Ten ...got dinged up a little too often and will have to prove durable to totally gain coaching staff trust but kid is a stud . Slighter built Jason Witten with more athleticism. Turning into a money player around the goal line.

On 1/3/2018 at 10:39 AM, howlin' 2 said:

Next year claiming Top Ten ...got dinged up a little too often and will have to prove durable to totally gain coaching staff trust but kid is a stud . Slighter built Jason Witten with more athleticism. Turning into a money player around the goal line.

Kittle is a very good, all down, TE, and the Shanny/Jimmy G. offense is going to be a very good offense.  What more does anyone need to know. 

13 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Kittle is a very good, all down, TE, and the Shanny/Jimmy G. offense is going to be a very good offense.  What more does anyone need to know. 

What does the competition for targets look like?

They'll have Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor already who should eat a good amount of targets.  Those are some good, under-rated WRs.  I suspect they're going to add Taylor Gabriel or Watkins/Robinson, and maybe even both.

As a late round flier I love Kittle next year for his upside.  I also think he could easily get lost in the shuffle and could easily end up droppable in 12-team leagues.  Lots of 30-40yd / 0TD weeks seems a likely scenario.  Maybe Kittle can turn into the red zone guy, though?  None of the receivers have great size.  But I'm not sure if Shanahan has ever used TE a ton.

Edited by Lord_Varys
15 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

What does the competition for targets look like?

They'll have Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor already who should eat a good amount of targets.  Those are some good, under-rated WRs.  I suspect they're going to add Taylor Gabriel or Watkins/Robinson, and maybe even both.

As a late round flier I love Kittle next year for his upside.  I also think he could easily get lost in the shuffle and could easily end up droppable in 12-team leagues.  Lots of 30-40yd / 0TD weeks seems a likely scenario.  Maybe Kittle can turn into the red zone guy, though?  None of the receivers have great size.  But I'm not sure if Shanahan has ever used TE a ton.

All true.  Shanahan and JG both appear to be the type to spread the ball around. 

7 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

All true.  Shanahan and JG both appear to be the type to spread the ball around. 

In our 12-team league, which consists of probably 50% Niner fans that has pretty deep bench with a 16 person roster and no kickers/Defense, so 16 QB-RB-WR-TE and he was still out there for waiver pick up the last couple weeks.  So I think he is pretty under the radar, my question is how much Shanny's O uses the TE consistently, Im not 100% sure on that...but as a sleeper TE2, he is a good target I think

On 1/6/2018 at 6:36 AM, parrothead said:

In our 12-team league, which consists of probably 50% Niner fans that has pretty deep bench with a 16 person roster and no kickers/Defense, so 16 QB-RB-WR-TE and he was still out there for waiver pick up the last couple weeks.  So I think he is pretty under the radar, my question is how much Shanny's O uses the TE consistently, Im not 100% sure on that...but as a sleeper TE2, he is a good target I think

Shanahan is all about balance.  He is also a master at exploiting whatever weaknesses the defense presents. That philosphy/skill translates to player performance.  Talented players will get their share of explosive/chunk plays, even if extreme volume is not in the cards.