NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Put in claim for Palmer? WHIR

jcedwards

12 team standard dynasty. 23 man rosters.

Let me first start by saying that Dalton was dropped as well, so I am going to attempt to pick him up first.  Should I also put in a claim for Palmer as well in case I do not get Dalton?  I have 4th pick on the waiver wire.  My current QBs are Winston, Mahomes, Jimmy G, and Tannehill (IR spot). As you can tell, I do not have a capable backup for the season for Winston's bye/ if he gets injured.  I know Palmer isn't the best option in dynasty, but will he be a good backup for this year if I do not get Dalton? 

I would for sure put in a claim for Dalton, it doesnt matter how many  Bengals you already have, and with Palmer it depends on who you are dropping for him and what other QBs are available on the WW.  If Dalton and Palmer are available on the WW then I'm assuming other starting QBs are as well, and if that is the case I don't see the need to pick up Palmer as you would likely only need him for 1 game, but it still depends on who you would be dropping for him.

29 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

if u can get dalton yes do that

if not yea id get palmer for bye week assuming the WW is baron

27 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I would for sure put in a claim for Dalton, it doesnt matter how many  Bengals you already have, and with Palmer it depends on who you are dropping for him and what other QBs are available on the WW.  If Dalton and Palmer are available on the WW then I'm assuming other starting QBs are as well, and if that is the case I don't see the need to pick up Palmer as you would likely only need him for 1 game, but it still depends on who you would be dropping for him.

Waiver wire is very thin. Same guy dropped both of them.  It is a dynasty league where we start 1 QB, and he had 4 QB's. He had those 2, Alex Smith, and he picked up Carson Wentz during our rookie/ FA draft that someone else had dropped, so he decided to drop those 2.  Besides those 2, the best on the wire is Glennon, McCown and Savage.  I would be dropping Jimmy Garrapollo.  I held on to him all last year, but I drafted Mahomes, so idk if I can have both of them taking up roster spots when neither will  probably play this year (barring injury).  

Edited by jcedwards