NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rodney Hood 2017-2018 Season Outlook

bkw77

On 11/19/2017 at 11:16 AM, night said:

I would definitely sell high. The thing with hood is he is madly inconsistent. He would play like he is a Superstar for a few games then he would play like he doesn't belong in the NBA at all. Add the occasional minor injuries that most players would be able to play on but for hood it would mean he misses 3 to 5 games. 

Like clockwork

On 12/5/2017 at 3:43 PM, sharkpotato said:

He's been pretty consistent this year. Love his 3's, pts and ft%. I actually miss him :(

Hoping he comes back sooner rather than later so i can at least look to trade him for someone who doesn't have leg or diarrhea problems.

Truly surprised how much my teams missed his production...

Frustrating owning him not just this season but past couple of years. He always gets into an amazing streak...gets injured....then have to find rhythm again...goes on a heater and rinse and repeat. 

2 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Truly surprised how much my teams missed his production...

Frustrating owning him not just this season but past couple of years. He always gets into an amazing streak...gets injured....then have to find rhythm again...goes on a heater and rinse and repeat. 

Facts... 3rd year in a row dealing with the same thing

1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

I had him two years ago, this latest stretch is probably the best he's been though right? 20ppg and 3 threes a game over the last 30.

Yeah his most recent stretch was definitely the longest while I've been an owner. Him and Mitchell look good together out there too. Need this guy (and THJ) back to compete in 3s.

27 minutes ago, matkm said:

Damnit Rodney!!! Why you gotta be a terrible healer :/

I know! Didn't even see his injury and he's suddenly out like 6 games. We all saw Porzingis' injury and it didn't look very good. I'm against him this week and thought it'd be a cakewalk without him...turned out he only misses 2 games...

???????

I cant even win anymore and i have giannis embiid capela. Joe harris and darius miller cant consistently combine for hood. Losing hood russell conley collins is very tough. So i expect conley hood and collins to be back in 2 weeks? I hope i can cling on to a playoff spot. Tough 14 team league

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

The exact quote was the Jazz hope to get Joe Johnson and Hood back in about 2 weeks.

I really hope this is not another Seth Curry type thing where they keep pushing him back. Hoping doesn't sound all that great, but at least it's something a bit more concrete than what we're reading elsewhere. Honestly, compared to what's happened to Griffin and Russell, 2 weeks doesn't sound like much. i'll gladly accept that. 

Edited by sharkpotato