NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who would you draft in a keeper/dynasty? WHIR

smeeze

I'm picking 3rd overall in a 12-team, standard scoring keeper league.  My 3 keepers are DJ, Julio and Crowell, and I can keep them forever with no penalty.  

With 36 players off the board and the best players left figure to be: Lynch, B. Cooks, D. Cook, Hunt, McCaffrey, Mixon, DT, K. Allen, Baldwin and Kelce.  Fournette and Ajayi are probably going 1 and 2 respectively.

With the nature of the league and most of the elite RBs being kept, RBs are super valuable; so I'm almost 100% taking one of the rookie RBs as I can keep them for their entire career if I want to.  Who would you take in this scenario?

Post a link and I WHIR.  Thanks.

I'm leaning towards Hunt. Such a good situation for him to be the work horse. I love mccaffrey too but I feel like j stew will still get his fair share of carries plus the goal line work. Also cam gets a lot of goal line carries too. Non ppr I'd lean towards Hunt. 

I think it comes down to your preference between Mixon and McCaffrey. I put those two slightly ahead of Dalvin Cook because of team situation in the forseeable future and I'm still just slightly concerned with Cook's combine testing. I really thought he was a better athlete than that. I put all 3 on a rung above Hunt, I'm really not sold on him ever being a bellcow RB (outside of maybe this season because of injury, MAC Rbs have literally no history of success in the NFL). Outside of the RBs, Cooks is really tempting, especially if you're trying to win now. I'm high on him this season and he's also still very young and should be good for a while. 

FWIW, I wouldn't put it out of the question that someone takes Mixon/McCaffrey/Cook ahead of one or both of Fournette or especially Ajayi, unless you really know your league members.

If I had to rank I would go: Fournette, Mixon, McCaffrey, Ajayi, D. Cook, B. Cooks,...the rest

I agree that it is possible that Ajayi is still there. And I think I would take Mixon if you are thinking more about the future and trying to get a stud RB longterm, I like him more than Cook and CMC I think. If focusing on this year I would go Cooks though.