Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Punting TE, thoughts


CraftyRighty
 Share

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Knicks2689 said:

I would never take a TE early ever. I have Engram as my starter in bother of my leagues and am perfectly content

 

You won't be, once the season starts.  You realize he's not even their starting TE at this point, right?

 

TBH, I don't know of any TEs who also handle the punting duties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Knicks2689 said:

How is Engram not the giants starting TE lmfao??

He is and he is not. He'll be out there for the majority of fantasy relevant plays (aka passes) but Rhett Ellison is their main blocking TE. He also is used as a fullback though, so 1TE, 1FB will always be Engram and Ellison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Blasto95 said:

He is and he is not. He'll be out there for the majority of fantasy relevant plays (aka passes) but Rhett Ellison is their main blocking TE. He also is used as a fullback though, so 1TE, 1FB will always be Engram and Ellison.

Thats irrelevant... He is their TE as far as fantasy relevancy.. Will Tye had 50 receptions last year a mediocre talent at best. As far as TE's go after Gronk,Kelce,

Reed, Olsen, Ertz, Graham,Rudolph .. I'll take him over whose ever left after that crop is picked. 

I don't care who is blocking... I know when they're going to be passing the ball he is going to be out there with single coverage every single game I'll take my chances with him.

Edited by Knicks2689
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Knicks2689 said:

Thats irrelevant... He is their TE as far as fantasy relevancy.. Will Tye had 50 receptions last year a mediocre talent at best. As far as TE's go after Gronk,Kelce,

Reed, Olsen, Ertz, Graham,Rudolph .. I'll take him over whose ever left after that crop is picked.

Well he's still a rookie. If he can't reliably block then Ellison will take over the majority of the snaps. They've already gone away with FB for the most part, and Engram is not a blocking TE by any means, not even an average one at 235lbs. Ellison can easily take even passing downs away from Engram. As a fan, if I liked to keep 2 TEs on the roster, I'd certainly take a shot on Engram and stash him.  But he is not my week one starter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Blasto95 said:

Well he's still a rookie. If he can't reliably block then Ellison will take over the majority of the snaps. They've already gone away with FB for the most part, and Engram is not a blocking TE by any means, not even an average one at 235lbs. Ellison can easily take even passing downs away from Engram. As a fan, if I liked to keep 2 TEs on the roster, I'd certainly take a shot on Engram and stash him.  But he is not my week one starter.

You do realize he is basically a WR being called a TE and he will be used as such. Ellison is not going to have 10 receptions on the year you're grasping now lol.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And neither is OBJ, Marshall, Shepard, or even a healthy Shane Vereen. I'm not arguing that Engram won't become fantasy relevant. Just there's no shot I'm trusting him early this season. 

 

And again. He's a rookie. He has to go out and prove he can play. Otherwise Ellison will work out just fine as their true TE1. As a giants fan I'd rather Ellison be our starting TE with Engram as our WR4/TE2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...