NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jermaine Kearse 2017 Season Outlook

taobball

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm firing him up this week over Gallman, Cohen, and Juju at flex. Obviously not great options but I picked him up for this matchup - game script and a bad defense really favor him.

I also think the Pats offense goes absolutely bananas coming off a 10 day layover. That should theoretically benefit the defense but I love the prospects for garbage time. Kearse's targets have been meh with them actually winning games - I see this one a lot more similarly to week 2 against Oakland where he get fed after the game was decided.

On October 13, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Zekepeak86 said:

I feel with NE going up they are going to have to throw. Kearse should do well against that bad defense. I would consider starting him over guys like DT against giants just based on matchup and gameflow.

Temper the expectations, NE likes to take out the WR 1 out of the game, dont be surprised if he gets a dud.

10 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Temper the expectations, NE likes to take out the WR 1 out of the game, dont be surprised if he gets a dud.

Yeah... likes to, but can they?

T Hill - 7/133/1

M Thomas - 5/89/0

D Hopkins - 7/76/0

K Benjamin - 4/104/0

M Evans - 5/49/0

3 minutes ago, 7sof said:

Yeah... likes to, but can they?

T Hill - 7/133/1

M Thomas - 5/89/0

D Hopkins - 7/76/0

K Benjamin - 4/104/0

M Evans - 5/49/0

Thank you.  I was going to do this research but it was too late and I was tired.  There you go.  Kearse may be a pretty good fill in today. 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, TheLegacy said:

Should've fired him up yeseterday, he put up another monster: 9/10 for 157 yards.  The match-up was there and McCOwn has been slinging the football.

Anyone like his outlook @ Denver for week 14? Ride the hot hand or avoid the bad matchup?

I’m debating this myself. Considering swapping him for Goodwin or possibly Woods this week.