Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trent Taylor 2017 Season Outlook


wendellrott
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

as i alluded to above, he only played 41% of the snaps - also had the flu, according to another earlier post, so perhaps that had something to do with the lower snaps.

 

regardless, it's pretty clear that when he's in there running routes that JimmyG is gonna be looking for him - all of his catches resulted in first downs (think all were third down plays, to boot) - that's pretty damn encouraging.  a kid with trust, busting outta the slot, can be a ppr monster down the stretch ... got a feeling all three components here (Jimmy/Goodwin/TT) are gonna be surprise supplements to more than a few successful playoff runs.

To add to that Taylor played 70ish% the week prior and missed prior weeks with injury himself after Garcon went down. I expect the snap count to be back up 70% this week with no flu.

 

Also, on top of that it is even more impressive he put up the numbers he did compared to Goodwin on 30% less snaps and playing with the Flu. Could be #1 option in this offense going forward over Goodwin.

Edited by Dirtywater97
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

I think he has the potential to turn into a Wes Welker, Edelman, Kupp, or Beaseley (last season or with Romo) type of security blanket. Could be a PPR goldmine.

 

can we get a Landry mention? just to, ya know ... knock down the stereotype?

 

:lol:

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, milesberg said:

I am so dang tempted to start him.  I could see him at 10/90/TD very easily this week.

"Very easily"? I mean, pump the brakes, guy.

 

He's a solid slot receiver with an ascending quarterback. Carlos Hyde still has to get his, & Goodwin will most likely be the biggest beneficiary on Sunday. I would predict a similar stat line to last week. Keep in mind he got 33 of those yards on a 3rd & 9 on the final drive of the game.

 

6 grabs for 70-80 yards seems more realistic, with the potential for a TD. "Very easily"? My goodness, two weeks ago TT was averaging 2 grabs a game, suddenly he's a lock for 20 points this Sunday. Irrational exuberance, indeed.

Edited by gimme the ball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gimme the ball said:

"Very easily"? I mean, pump the brakes, guy.

 

He's a solid slot receiver with an ascending quarterback. Carlos Hyde still has to get his, & Goodwin will most likely be the biggest beneficiary on Sunday. I would predict a similar stat line to last week. Keep in mind he got 33 of those yards on a 3rd & 9 on the final drive of the game.

 

6 grabs for 70-80 yards seems more realistic, with the potential for a TD. "Very easily"? My goodness, two weeks ago TT was averaging 2 grabs a game, suddenly he's a lock for 20 points this Sunday. Irrational exuberance, indeed.

 

Agree, gotta pump the brakes a little and be realistic. Goodwin is the WR to own in SF, but I do like Taylor in PPR. Risky though for sure for playoffs round 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

"Very easily"? I mean, pump the brakes, guy.

 

He's a solid slot receiver with an ascending quarterback. Carlos Hyde still has to get his, & Goodwin will most likely be the biggest beneficiary on Sunday. I would predict a similar stat line to last week. Keep in mind he got 33 of those yards on a 3rd & 9 on the final drive of the game.

 

6 grabs for 70-80 yards seems more realistic, with the potential for a TD. "Very easily"? My goodness, two weeks ago TT was averaging 2 grabs a game, suddenly he's a lock for 20 points this Sunday. Irrational exuberance, indeed.

 

8 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

 

Agree, gotta pump the brakes a little and be realistic. Goodwin is the WR to own in SF, but I do like Taylor in PPR. Risky though for sure for playoffs round 1.

I really don't think his prediction is that outlandish. He already had that performance basically this past week except with 4 less receptions, played a superior defense than the Texans, had the same amount of yards almost, and only 2 less targets than Goodwin all while playing half the snaps and with the flu. Snap count will shoot back up because he is healthy again.

 

Also, keep in mind that was Garoppolo's first game with SF probably learned a ton. Actual in game snaps are way more valuable to learning than practice.

 

Don't get me wrong, both have upside, but me personally I would want Taylor over Goodwin for the reasons I stated above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

 

I really don't think his prediction is that outlandish. He already had that performance basically this past week except with 4 less receptions, played a superior defense than the Texans, had the same amount of yards almost, and only 2 less targets than Goodwin all while playing half the snaps and with the flu. Snap count will shoot back up because he is healthy again.

 

Also, keep in mind that was Garoppolo's first game with SF probably learned a ton. Actual in game snaps are way more valuable to learning than practice.

 

Don't get me wrong, both have upside, but me personally I would want Taylor over Goodwin for the reasons I stated above.

 

I don't disagree with you and I do see the PPR value in Taylor. If there a week to roll the dice with him, this is the week to do it. Good luck and I hope he pans out for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wasn't there some Cleveland WR earlier this year in week 2 or 3 who had one good game and everybody jumped on him saying he was going to be a stud for the ROS?

I hope that's not what happens here with Taylor. 

It's encouraging that Jimmy G likes his slot guy and uses the middle of the field with short passes.  I'm hoping that provides a good floor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, CooL said:

Wasn't there some Cleveland WR earlier this year in week 2 or 3 who had one good game and everybody jumped on him saying he was going to be a stud for the ROS?

I hope that's not what happens here with Taylor. 

It's encouraging that Jimmy G likes his slot guy and uses the middle of the field with short passes.  I'm hoping that provides a good floor.

Except he had Kizer throwing to him and was on an dysfunctional Browns franchise. I don't really think the two situations are that similar. Taylor has shined at times this season. Someone posted something about he is one of the most efficient WRs on slants routes in the league earlier in the thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, CooL said:

Wasn't there some Cleveland WR earlier this year in week 2 or 3 who had one good game and everybody jumped on him saying he was going to be a stud for the ROS?

I hope that's not what happens here with Taylor. 

It's encouraging that Jimmy G likes his slot guy and uses the middle of the field with short passes.  I'm hoping that provides a good floor.

 

... replace "Cleveland" with "Tennessee" and - VOILA! - Corey Davis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

... replace "Cleveland" with "Tennessee" and - VOILA! - Corey Davis. 

Valid point, but Mariota has been pretty underwhelming as well however, and Taylor bested his best game already against a horrible Oakland secondary as well on 40% snap count and the flu. Would take Jimmy G over Mariota as well.

 

Taylor definitely isn't for the feint of heart though, I will give you guys that. 

Edited by Dirtywater97
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Valid point, but Mariota has been pretty underwhelming as well however, and Taylor bested his best game already against a horrible Oakland secondary as well on 40% snap count and the flu. Would take Jimmy G over him as well.

 

Taylor definitely isn't for the feint of heart though, I will give you guys that. 

 

whoawhoawhoa ... im not slagging TT, hell, look up my posts in here today - i'm definitely praising the kid ... my post you quoted was a well deserved RIP on Corey Davis, one of the biggest Roto-Hyped busts of the year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starting this week with confidence.  I have zero doubt he exceeds his 6pt Yahoo projection in the first half, in PPR leagues.

 

The #1 ranked slant runner in the NFL per PFF.  Doesn't have a ton of catches to support that, but who the heck am I to argue with them.  Caught all 6 targets, with the flu.  Gotta think Jimmy G learned a ton about his teammates in that first game and if I went 6 for 6 on throws to a guy I'd be inclined to look that way in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

whoawhoawhoa ... im not slagging TT, hell, look up my posts in here today - i'm definitely praising the kid ... my post you quoted was a well deserved RIP on Corey Davis, one of the biggest Roto-Hyped busts of the year

Yeah.  Agree on Corey Davis.  Considering how long you had to wait for the guy to get healthy, he's definitely a bust.  Which means he'll go off this week but I don't care.

13 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Starting this week with confidence.  I have zero doubt he exceeds his 6pt Yahoo projection in the first half, in PPR leagues.

 

The #1 ranked slant runner in the NFL per PFF.  Doesn't have a ton of catches to support that, but who the heck am I to argue with them.  Caught all 6 targets, with the flu.  Gotta think Jimmy G learned a ton about his teammates in that first game and if I went 6 for 6 on throws to a guy I'd be inclined to look that way in the future.

I like the sound of that.  Let's hope Jimmy G has learned from Tommy B the importance of a dependable slot guy and just peppers this guy with targets until his arm falls off!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...