NBC Sports Edge Forums

Phillip Dorsett 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's like the 7th or 8th best option on the offense at best, so his fantasy prospects probably dont get any better with the move to New England. Still a nice real life trade for the Pats, a former 1st rounder for a lousy 3rd string QB.

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

He's like the 7th or 8th best option on the offense at best, so his fantasy prospects probably dont get any better with the move to New England. Still a nice real life trade for the Pats, a former 1st rounder for a lousy 3rd string QB.

Yeah, if this had been a trade in my fantasy league I probably would have vetoed it.

3 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Yes he does. Tolzien has two more TD passes than I have. Didn't Brissett start a game last season while Brady was In Op? Played well if I remember correctly.

yah he did ok, seems to be a Tyrod Taylor type QB if I remember right, although this week he stayed in the pocket alot more

2 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Yes he does. Tolzien has two more TD passes than I have. Didn't Brissett start a game last season while Brady was In Op? Played well if I remember correctly.

By "played well" you mean hand the ball off to Blount a bunch of times?

6 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

will Dorsett man the slot?

Patriots acquired WR Phillip Dorsett from the Colts in exchange for QB Jacoby Brissett.

The Colts are cutting their losses and the Patriots are bolstering their depth. Despite his 5-foot-10, 185-pound frame, Dorsett has not been a slot man in the NFL, but his availability on the outside will make it easier for the Pats to stick Chris Hogan in the middle. Dorsett has been close to a complete bust in the NFL, but had a decent preseason with the Colts' woeful quarterbacks, catching five passes for 75 yards. He's averaged 14.8 yards per catch as an NFLer. He bolsters the Pats' depth and provides a big-play element. He won't have immediate re-draft value.

Ummm...stating the obvious, but Dorsett isn't backing up Hogan, or going onto the field so that Hogan can sit in the slot.

Dorsett is obviously the backup / insurance policy for whatever they've got going for Brandin Cooks this season.

Maybe they let him return kicks/punts? I know he hasn't been a returner since college, but the Pats are short on return men right now and don't want to risk any of their starters in that spot.

4 hours ago, Robrain said:

Ummm...stating the obvious, but Dorsett isn't backing up Hogan, or going onto the field so that Hogan can sit in the slot.

Dorsett is obviously the backup / insurance policy for whatever they've got going for Brandin Cooks this season.

I was wondering if anyone would mention this. Dorsett profiles more like Cooks than any of the other WRs. 

4 hours ago, Dislimb said:

Maybe they let him return kicks/punts? I know he hasn't been a returner since college, but the Pats are short on return men right now and don't want to risk any of their starters in that spot.

Interesting. Could mean that they want Burkhead to have a big enough role in the offense he can't play special teams.