NBC Sports Edge Forums

Prospects to break camp?

There might be a thread on this already but I couldn't find it so pardon me if there is. 

Just wanted opinions on which prospects are in line to break camp with their teams next season for continued stashing potential. I'm already assuming Acuna will receive the Kris Bryant treatment but just wanted other names tossed out that'll make the team or have an early call-up.

Hoskins

Rosario

Calhoun

Devers

Torres

Robles

If Acuna will receive the Bryant treatment then I assume any other top prospect who hasn't had his clock started would as well such as Torres, Calhoun and Robles.

Those that have had their clock started will be the ones breaking camp with their teams.  Which of course means Hoskins, Rosario and Devers.  Though none of those three I would remotely call prospects at this point but rather every day players.

So maybe this might better be re-titled the Post Breaking Camp But Pre-May Call-Ups thread instead, heh. 

Is Robles that far along he would be up that soon btw?  Is Werth still under contract next season?  Harper, Adam Eaton and Michael A Taylor all seem pretty legit starters so does one of them get traded to make room for Robles?

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

I doubt Robles breaks camp and Torres had TJ surgery, will he be ready for spring? I think Calhoun is ready, but will have to play OF,  Acuna is a tough one he is blocked right now unless the Braves trade an OF, I think Hoskins, Rosario and Devers are here to stay

1 minute ago, azeri98 said:

I doubt Robles breaks camp and Torres had TJ surgery, will he be ready for spring? I think Calhoun is ready, but will have to play OF,  Acuna is a tough one he is blocked right now unless the Braves trade an OF, I think Hoskins, Rosario and Devers are here to stay

I would imagine Torres would be good to go since it's just throwing as opposed to pitching. Pitchers begin throwing first then start working on pitching. So my guess is he will be fine but Yanks should keep him back a few weeks at least. Question is does Torres head to third base? I believe Didi is in year three of arb. Do we see a Machado kind of move here?

1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

Acuna is a tough one he is blocked right now unless the Braves trade an OF

While I'm sure they wouldn't mind trading Markakis, I really don't think he's going to stand in Acuna's way once the Braves decide to call him up.