NBC Sports Edge Forums

Week 1 Bold Predictions: sneaky starts, Pick 'Ems or DFS

Variation of the "2017 Bold Predictions" thread.  This time the stakes are lower because you only need to be correct for a week rather than the entire year.  Thread for listing who you think could provide sneaky good value if started week 1, underrated O/U or other odds plays, novel ideas for Pick 'Em selections, or anything else you can come up with.  

With that, I'm going with:  

1.  JStew puts up solid RB1 numbers after hitting paydirt at least once against a poor Niners D.  
2.  Stack the under (40.5) and Jets +9.5 against the Bills in a game which may see 18+ punts and total scoring maybe not reaching double digits. 

3.  Crowder is money against the putrid Eagles secondary. 

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Adam Thielen goes for 10 catches and 110 yds/TD. Everyone that drafted Hogan before him realizes they picked the wrong white guy.

I have Hogan ranked ahead of Thielen but behind Decker but I concede it could definitely be Thielen who is the most productive of the three.

Doesn't entirely fit into this thread, but I'm worried about Brandin Cooks this week. He's going up against Marcus Peters, Pats have more than enough ways to produce offense and I do have Abdullah on my bench at the moment, though I don't see any scenario where I actually sit Cooks. Feel like a 4 point fantasy day isn't much of a stretch though.

Based on the play-offs last season the Chiefs looked dismal against the Steelers and we all know what the Pats did.Thus the season opener has the Pats now favored by as much as 9 points and those same Chiefs coming to visit.But no so fast Andy Reid has won 70% of his road openers as a head coach and Alex Smith has a young gun by the name of Mahomes in his rearview mirror.The over/under on this game is also as high as 48 points.

That said I'm predicting Alex Smith throws for 275 yards or better with 2 td's and adds another 40 yards rushing.

Yes,I am a Chiefs homer but really believe this is going to be a very good game.

19 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Doesn't entirely fit into this thread, but I'm worried about Brandin Cooks this week. He's going up against Marcus Peters, Pats have more than enough ways to produce offense and I do have Abdullah on my bench at the moment, though I don't see any scenario where I actually sit Cooks. Feel like a 4 point fantasy day isn't much of a stretch though.

Weren't people benching Cooks late last year when Peterson was shadowing him? Whoops. Play Cooks.

What do you do with Miami or Tampa players, line up has to be set on Thurs and what if they cancel the game Friday, it sucks you don't want to lose a week of Ajayi or Evans by benching them in case its postponed until week 11

5 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

What do you do with Miami or Tampa players, line up has to be set on Thurs and what if they cancel the game Friday, it sucks you don't want to lose a week of Ajayi or Evans by benching them in case its postponed until week 11

What kind of league locks lineups on a thursday?

2 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

It's 1993 style fantasy football. Old school.

I don't miss those days,getting up Monday morning getting the USA Today and calculating the league scores.

On 9/5/2017 at 5:06 PM, nzoner said:

Based on the play-offs last season the Chiefs looked dismal against the Steelers and we all know what the Pats did.Thus the season opener has the Pats now favored by as much as 9 points and those same Chiefs coming to visit.But no so fast Andy Reid has won 70% of his road openers as a head coach and Alex Smith has a young gun by the name of Mahomes in his rearview mirror.The over/under on this game is also as high as 48 points.

That said I'm predicting Alex Smith throws for 275 yards or better with 2 td's and adds another 40 yards rushing.

Yes,I am a Chiefs homer but really believe this is going to be a very good game.

Have to admit even I didn't see that performance coming.

On 9/5/2017 at 4:55 PM, Nyblazer11235 said:

1.Fat Eddie lacy hits the end zone at least twice against his former squad 

2. Gurley is the top rb play of the week and goof puts up top 10 numbers.

3. Jason witten puts up top 3 numbers this week as he always seems to kill the giants.

If #2 comes true, We're looking at quite a game for Gurley if he tops Hunt :)

Mixon goes for 13 carries, 130 yards with a long TD run.

There's one player who has a week that - while not as good as Hunt's - causes a value overreaction frenzy larger than Hunt's.  That man is Adrian Peterson, who will put up 110 total yards and 2 TDs in his return to Minnesota, leading many to declare that "he's back - only now on an awesome offense... 20 TDs here we come!" and consider him a first round value again.