NBC Sports Edge Forums

Isaiah Thomas 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The real problem here is that Isaiah will still be the same size in LA.

Probably a smart move on the cavs part. Don't want him over-exerting himself in a revenge game this early in his return to the court.

Posted Images

On 10/18/2017 at 6:01 PM, jpdeguzm20 said:

I do have a bench with 3 spots. This is a H2H daily league though. Do you have any recommendations or advice on your mind?

You are in a format where you use every roster spot. Obviously, you are at a disadvantage stashing IT for what could be half the season. 

On 10/19/2017 at 1:31 PM, Roto4500 said:

Huh? Does anyone really play in a no bench league? That doesn't compute.

Different formats (daily/weekly) and different game played restrictions/max mean there is a "stashing" bench and a bench that is in a team's rotation. One is a bench and one really isn't a bench. Hopefully I am explaining that well enough. 

On 10/18/2017 at 1:20 PM, thezing1 said:

Dude, I'm not saying he isn't going to start or have a nice role. I am saying that team is ultra deep and only cares about the playoffs. His role will not be anywhere close to what it was with the Celtics. 

To be fair, that's a baseless assumption, you have as much of a clue what his role will be as anyone here. For all you know Lue uses him exactly how they used Kyrie.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Judicious said:

To be fair, that's a baseless assumption, you have as much of a clue what his role will be as anyone here. For all you know Lue uses him exactly how they used Kyrie.

Isn't that obvious? Aren't we all just stating what our beliefs are?

My logic is driven by looking at every super team that has been formed and what happens to the high usage stars that no longer get that usage because it is a super team. Some offset with efficiency/stocks. Others just take a hit. One ball. Multiple superstars. It isn't rocket science. If you want to better guess the future you study the past. 

2 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Isn't that obvious? Aren't we all just stating what our beliefs are?

My logic is driven by looking at every super team that has been formed and what happens to the high usage stars that no longer get that usage because it is a super team. Some offset with efficiency/stocks. Others just take a hit. One ball. Multiple superstars. It isn't rocket science. If you want to better guess the future you study the past. 

wrong .. look at KD. his stats got better joining a superteam.

38 minutes ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

wrong .. look at KD. his stats got better joining a superteam.

I'm sorry, you must read my post again because you didn't get the point of it. "Some offset with efficiency/stock"....KD's stocks and efficiency increased while his scoring and 3's decreased. Boards/assists remained constant. His value remained high going to a superteam because he offset his offensive decline (because his usage decreased) by playing a more efficient game and increasing stocks. Not every player can do that. But KD's usage did in fact decrease going to GS. That is fact. 

2 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I'm sorry, you must read my post again because you didn't get the point of it. "Some offset with efficiency/stock"....KD's stocks and efficiency increased while his scoring and 3's decreased. Boards/assists remained constant. His value remained high going to a superteam because he offset his offensive decline (because his usage decreased) by playing a more efficient game and increasing stocks. Not every player can do that. But KD's usage did in fact decrease going to GS. That is fact. 

so isaiah may be the same .. decreased usage wit improved overall stats. not hard to imagine.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ChickenPorzinger88 said:

In one of my leagues Isaiah is on the waiver. Would it be wise to pick him up right away regardless of my team's needs?

If you are in Roto, not even a thought, absolutely yes

If you are in H2H, if you can sustain it, I would still say yes.

If he can be 85-90% of what he was last year, it is worth it regardless of team need because you can always use him for a trade to get someone you do need.  Not going to find that much production on the WW normally.