NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Isaiah Thomas 2017-2018 Season Outlook

durel_arroyo

anyone know the details on IT's injury and why he didn't opt for surgery? Reading online, he had a right femoral-acetabular impingement with labral tear. Seems like even if it's slightly severe, minor surgery would be a good option for him. It could possibly be a reoccurring issue.

8 hours ago, LuN said:

anyone know the details on IT's injury and why he didn't opt for surgery? Reading online, he had a right femoral-acetabular impingement with labral tear. Seems like even if it's slightly severe, minor surgery would be a good option for him. It could possibly be a reoccurring issue.

I am not a doctor, but I don't think there is a way to have a "minor surgery" to repair a hip labral tear. 

My understanding is that the way the joint functions and having a labral tear is similar to the way the knee functions with a meniscus tear. Again, not a doctor and there is no way we will ever know what his medicals really are anyway. 

I always enjoyed watching IT play. I hope he makes a full recovery and gets his in the offseason. Great, inspiring journey he has been on and I hope he ends it with those Brinks trucks at his front door. 

Next step in the process...keep working...

Isaiah Thomas (hip) got in some light contact work during Wednesday's shootaround.
Thomas continues to make steady progress in his recovery from the torn labrum in his right hip, and this is the first time we've seen of him go through any type of contact work. The next big step in his recovery will be incorporating hard cuts into his workouts, so we'll be watching for any updates there, but he certainly appears to be on track to be back in action by January at the latest. Nov 22 - 11:06 AM

Anyone else watch the video associated with the RW post? Definitely good to see him out there but at the end of the video he looked damn near crippled after going for a layup. I'm sure he's just working out soreness, etc. but that didn't look like a guy that will be ready to play in a few weeks.

Alright boys, I've got something for y'all. I was offered Isaiah and Dewayne Dedmon for Jrue Holiday, and I'd have to drop Bobby Portis. Holiday puts up solid all around stats, but if Isaiah is 70-80% of what he was last season, him and Dedmon will make up for it. It's an 8 cat H2H league. Do it or nah?

"Isaiah Thomas is making his return before the end of the year.

According to Sam Amico of Amico Hoops, the 5-foot-9 point guard will make his return during the Cleveland Cavaliers' West Coast trip during Christmas, when they take on the Golden State Warriors on December 25:

"Isaiah Thomas has been progressing on schedule, and barring any setbacks, the All-Star point guard is on track to make his season debut during the Cleveland Cavaliers’ upcoming West Coast trip, league sources told Amico Hoops on Tuesday.

The three-game swing begins Christmas Day against the defending Golden State Warriors. It ends with visits to Sacramento (Dec. 27) and Utah (Dec. 30)."

Thomas hasn't played all season long as he's recovered from a hip injury suffered during last year's Eastern Conference Finals. However, he has progressed faster than expected and has engaged in four-and-four and three-on-three contact practices.

Having Thomas return during the Cavaliers' most difficult matchup of the regular season (Warriors) seems far-fetched, so one should expect for Thomas to make his Cavs debut versus his former team, the Sacramento Kings."

https://247sports.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/Bolt/Isaiah-Thomas-will-make-return-during-trip-versus-Warriors-112198342

1 hour ago, manolo_ said:

25/5 isn't too far fetched to expect I believe. Irving was taking 20 shots per game last year and it was the same team. IT averaged 28 with 19 shots

IT was also getting to the line 8.5 times per game though, and I think he will probably see a reduction there this year. 25 ppg seems like a bit of a stretch imo. I'd put him at 21-23. Hope I'm proven wrong.

19 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

IT was also getting to the line 8.5 times per game though, and I think he will probably see a reduction there this year. 25 ppg seems like a bit of a stretch imo. I'd put him at 21-23. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Maybe you're right, but The 2 points really isnt a deal breaker in any way. Can always find the points. Good ft percentages and attempts / 3s/ fg% will be his core value. I can see him getting 3 3s a night playing with lebron. Especially off ball