NBC Sports Edge Forums

Isaiah Thomas 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The real problem here is that Isaiah will still be the same size in LA.

Probably a smart move on the cavs part. Don't want him over-exerting himself in a revenge game this early in his return to the court.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

How far away do you guys think? Cavs say no to Christmas, "source" reports say 1st week of January, and IT himself laughs at them all.

I'm thinking just speculation here.. but I'm thinking about 2 weeks.. lol max.. he may be available for the Christmas game (but on strict minute limit) but best case scenario he's back for the Celtics v Cavs game

4 minutes ago, Unknownmindset said:

I'm thinking just speculation here.. but I'm thinking about 2 weeks.. lol max.. he may be available for the Christmas game (but on strict minute limit) but best case scenario he's back for the Celtics v Cavs game

Have you guys seen that Players Tribune clip of him talking about hearing he was traded. Dude was livid. I don't know the date of the celtics game off the top of my head, but I imagine IT would want a game or two before that to shake off the rust and completely annihilate them when the day comes.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Halberdier said:

What's a realistic/moderate stat line once he's a few games past 100%? Percentages same as last year? Can we expect 30 min 24ish points, 2.2 3P, 5 AST. Is that realistic or a little too optimistic?

just a tad, due to minute restrictions & off on b2b sets.. if he is i'd solidly give him 18pts, 2.3 3ps, 5 assist.. until about end of month Feb..  im not saying he wont blow up and im hoping he gives us what you said.. but im just trying to temper my expectations.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2017 at 7:57 AM, Unknownmindset said:

just a tad, due to minute restrictions & off on b2b sets.. if he is i'd solidly give him 18pts, 2.3 3ps, 5 assist.. until about end of month Feb..  im not saying he wont blow up and im hoping he gives us what you said.. but im just trying to temper my expectations.

Yup. Latest update makes it sound like it’ll be some time before he’s a reliable fantasy asset, not exactly what I was hoping to hear.

34 minutes ago, IonZephyr said:

Should have been what you/we expected though

Yes and no. In early November the talk was that he was ahead of schedule and that he had a chance to be back mid December. If that timeline he has true, he’d probably be startable in a week or two.

Thomas has a great shot of production first-round value once he's fully up to speed.

O really? kyrie wasn't even a 1st rounder since Lebron came. he's just filling in the kyrie spot.

and im not hating. I have Thomas in a money dynasty league, in my sig

2 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

Thomas has a great shot of production first-round value once he's fully up to speed.

O really? kyrie wasn't even a 1st rounder since Lebron came. he's just filling in the kyrie spot.

I agree. He has a shot at second round, though. 

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

I was thinking the same thing.

How does he have a shot at first round value when:

- Kyrie wasn't even first round in the same offence

- IT was late first early second when he was top dog in Boston, and now he's 3rd fiddle

Rotoworld crew doing Rotoworld crew things, I guess...

Edited by ovofnd
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, ovofnd said:

I was thinking the same thing.

How does he have a shot at first round value when:

- Kyrie wasn't even first round in the same offence

- IT was late first early second when he was top dog in Boston, and now he's 3rd fiddle

Rotoworld crew doing Rotoworld crew things, I guess...

It's actually worth noting that Kyrie's efficiency increased from 2013-2014 to 2014-2015, as well as his rankings (23 to 11). Granted, Love has more usage, and it'd be impossible for IT to improve upon last year. But I think keeping/increasing his efficiency (%), averaging around 2.5-23-3-5-1 (Cle desperately needs 3pt shooting) is not a stretch. That'd make him a second round player.

I have a question gang...How severe was/is this hip injury..? Do players come back at full strength from these type of injuries..? I have him on my roster and just have this bad feeling, don't meant to jinx as I'm hoping for the best, but I get a little worried when the only thing Isaiah has said specifically regarding his actual hamstring is that "it feels better"..

51 minutes ago, Starvela said:

I have a question gang...How severe was/is this hip injury..? Do players come back at full strength from these type of injuries..? I have him on my roster and just have this bad feeling, don't meant to jinx as I'm hoping for the best, but I get a little worried when the only thing Isaiah has said specifically regarding his actual hamstring is that "it feels better"..

His hip injury was serious, a simple google search on femoral-acetabular impingement with labral tear and you can see that it's pretty harsh recovery that most of the time requires surgery.

The surgery is 6-9 months out and 80% of athletes return to normal form but they opted not to go with surgery and the NBA doesn't have statistics on that. It'd be speculation for anyone to try and predict how he'll be when he hits the floor. IT4 is as tough as they come though so I'm confident in him but unfortunately my confidence doesn't mean his hip won't be a lingering issue.