NBC Sports Edge Forums

Isaiah Thomas 2017-2018 Season Outlook

8 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

His hip injury was serious, a simple google search on femoral-acetabular impingement with labral tear and you can see that it's pretty harsh recovery that most of the time requires surgery.

The surgery is 6-9 months out and 80% of athletes return to normal form but they opted not to go with surgery and the NBA doesn't have statistics on that. It'd be speculation for anyone to try and predict how he'll be when he hits the floor. IT4 is as tough as they come though so I'm confident in him but unfortunately my confidence doesn't mean his hip won't be a lingering issue.

Thanks so much for the response...That's where I was confused/worried, that he opted not to do surgery and haven't found anything on google regarding his type of injury and recovery for non-surgical procedures...Let's just hope for the best and enjoy his comeback for now... 

• Like 1
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The real problem here is that Isaiah will still be the same size in LA.

Probably a smart move on the cavs part. Don't want him over-exerting himself in a revenge game this early in his return to the court.

Posted Images

8-12 minutes, wow that’s nothing. And yes, I know that minute restrictions were always gonna be part of the deal but I thought it’d be closer to 15-20.

Not really a big deal I suppose, no one should have been counting on him for a couple weeks but it’s just crazy to me just how cautious teams in the NBA are now. At some point a guys either healthy enough to play or he’s not. If hes healthy enough to play, then let him actually play.

48 minutes ago, Joeklebba said:

8-12 minutes, wow that’s nothing. And yes, I know that minute restrictions were always gonna be part of the deal but I thought it’d be closer to 15-20.

Not really a big deal I suppose, no one should have been counting on him for a couple weeks but it’s just crazy to me just how cautious teams in the NBA are now. At some point a guys either healthy enough to play or he’s not. If hes healthy enough to play, then let him actually play.

I believe rondo went through the same thing when he returned. NOP increased his minutes pretty rapidly with each game.

• Like 1

Isaiah Thomas will be on a 20-22 minutes limit in his regular-season debut against the Trail Blazers on Tuesday, according to sources of Shams Charania of Yahoo! Sports.

An earlier report from Dave McMenamin of ESPN stated that Thomas' minutes would be capped in the 8-12 minute range, and head coach Tyronn Lue said he "forgot" how many minutes he was planning on giving to IT2 during his pregame presser, so there's a lot of uncertainty here. Thomas is safe to activate in all season-long settings, but he's not a great DFS target. For what it's worth, Lue did acknowledge that Thomas would be in the starting lineup for Saturday's game in Orlando, but he'll be coming off the bench today.

8 minutes ago, scienze said:

25 ppg aint out od the question folks

It looks like he’s capable of putting up 25 a night in this offense. Once he starts hitting his FTs again and hitting those wide open 3s. It looked way too easy out there for him to score, everyone was so spread out and the assists should be at 5.5. I’m expecting 20/5.5 anything more is a blessing. 

• Like 1

I'm jus happy he has LeBron, the best player in the world, getting his back on any defense lapses.

I can't wait till he's fully up to speed. Definetly will be on a lot of championship teams this year

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Deathrow said:

Was thinking that as well...too bad they did not play him tonight instead.

Probably a smart move on the cavs part. Don't want him over-exerting himself in a revenge game this early in his return to the court.

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Totally agree with you on that.  I was speaking purely from the "selfish viewership" point of view.  

Can you imagine the adrenaline that would be rushing through IT had he played his first game tonight? Damn.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Deathrow said:

Totally agree with you on that.  I was speaking purely from the "selfish viewership" point of view.  

Can you imagine the adrenaline that would be rushing through IT had he played his first game tonight? Damn.

Can you imagine the adrenaline that’ll be pumping though him as he watches his former team take the floor.

We should be in for a nice Saturday game.

11 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Can you imagine the adrenaline that’ll be pumping though him as he watches his former team take the floor.

We should be in for a nice Saturday game.

True but at least he won't be on the floor potentially over-exerting himself and risking re-injury.