NBC Sports Edge Forums

I prefer Jimmy and Kyrie also would consider George he shot 46% from the field last year and now with OKC I could see him improving some more making him a 1st round talent. I like Turner alot this year but I think 15th is too high for me right now, I also read Ind has the fewest games in the fantasy playoffs and as of now I don't know how much more usage he will get this year.

8 hours ago, apatas said:

Draymond Green and some other!

Why do you like Draymond 14th and what is his best pairings. I find blocks, assists, steals are the toughest categories which he excels in all then FG% which he doesn't but at least has low enough volume to not dent it too bad.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:43 AM, Pumbaa said:

14 Team Redraft League

- 9 CAT

- Head to Head

- Snake draft

who do you take?

Rank your top 14 players. The top 9 or so will be almost assuredly gone by the time you pick. So you are really ranking 5 players. They you look at players ranked 10-14 and have 3 or 4 players that you would ideally pair with that pick. If you do this then you won't be disorganized and potentially reaching for a player when you are on the clock. 

Here would be an example of how I would break it down. This is just an example....

#14: Dame Lillard: Strengths: 3's, points, FT%. Neutral: Boards, Assists, Steals, Blocks Downside: FG%, TO

Ideal Pairing: Kyrie, Jimmy Butler, Myles Turner....whatever the order is you should put them in order. 

Do that for players ranked 10-14 on your list and think it through with how you want to build throughout the draft. Then follow your rankings and pairing preferences and make the choices. 

15 hours ago, apatas said:

If Green and Cousins, then you already punt FG%. Other combinations are better.

hard to make balanced team from 14th spot, I need to sacrifice something. Players like KD, AD, Kawhi around whom you can make balanced team are long gone at that point. 

I'm leaning towards PTS punt with maybe Hassan/Green/Rubio in the first 3 rounds.

or FG% punt with Jimmy/Lillard/Millsap(Griffin) in first 3

52 minutes ago, Pumbaa said:

hard to make balanced team from 14th spot, I need to sacrifice something. Players like KD, AD, Kawhi around whom you can make balanced team are long gone at that point. 

I'm leaning towards PTS punt with maybe Hassan/Green/Rubio in the first 3 rounds.

Jimmy and kyrie or jimmy and pg13 or kyrie and pg13 and you don't have to full on punt fg on the spot all 3 are good fg% wise for their positions. I could see Kyrie taking a step forward in a faster paced offense and with more usage and pg13 also moves to a faster paced offense he will have a lower usage but between the faster pace and also being the 2nd option I could see him take a big step fg% wise.

On 9/9/2017 at 8:54 PM, Pumbaa said:

If you rank your top 14 and get your base right then you provide yourself with options based on how the draft plays out before it gets back to you in rounds 3/4. Trying to predict 3-4 rounds is kind of silly since all it takes is one team to throw you off your master plan and sets you up for disappointment or a disorganized draft. 

I fully understand the advantage early picking teams have. But, there is no excuse. You can win a league drafting in any position by taking calculated risks throughout your draft. If you went with Hassan/Dray what would be your strengths? Is it really a punt points? Or is it punt points while not killing any cats? At some point you will have to decide whether you want to kill Hassan's cats or Dray's cats, because they aren't really the same. So is it better to go Gobert/Hassan and cat kill that way? If you went Hassan/Dray/Rubio you have essentially neutralized one of Hassan's biggest strengths, his FG%. 

Not saying you are right or wrong. Just trying to get you to think it through. 

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, JMASTERJ said:

Definitely Jimmy/Irving for me... Irving gonna kill it with something to prove and immediate leader.

pulled the trigger on CP3/Jimmy combo this morning... with supporting cast of Brook, Nurk, Lonzo, Noel, JRich, Gay, Lauri, MKG, Carroll, CJ Miles and Batum on IR

Edited by Pumbaa