NBC Sports Edge Forums

9.7.17 TNF - Chiefs @ Patriots Season Opener Thread Game Day Thread

The threads are made to contain useful debate and information, not CSB, circle jerking, complaining, crying, and etc. This is where you can do things like that because after a day this thread becomes irrelevant and you wouldn't have to go through a bunch of junk in the Hunt, Gillislee, Brady, and etc thread to get to useful information. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, there is

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Onion said:

I benched Hunt for Crowell. After seeing what he did tonight, I'm fine with my 11th round pick. Nice flex RB for the rest of the way!

11th round?!  Do you play with 8 year olds?

6 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

And next week Hunt will come crashing down to reality. 

Hunt looked AMAZING but I'm not ready to call him a top 5 RB ROS. I own him in one league and I'm falling in love but it reminds me of Ware last year in week 1 when he had 200 yards and a TD then disappeared for the most part. Hunt is better then Ware but The pats D was horrible and was dominated every step of way. They lost Hightower and then the commentators said they had a LB playing that has been with the team for 5 days. Not sure if they lost someone else but at one point the announcers also said the defensive  play calling would be very limited for the rest of the game because of the players they had on the field.

Alex Smith's performance was kind of a fluke as he has never been a very good QB. I think Hunt will be good but I'm just not ready to crown him a stud yet. 

I'm not trying to hate but I'm just tempering my expectations considering how terrible the D was tonight. 

46 minutes ago, brosephd said:

is anyone starting Gills and Hunt?

I have both. But benched Gils last minute to wait and see after this Burkhead talk. Think I'll be alright though ?

The sad part about all this is I'll still have to think long and hard about putting Gils in my lineup next week.

21 minutes ago, pennstateugk said:

Benched Hunt in 3/5 leagues I have him...happy to see him do well, but damn id like to have the points. 

I cant get over how lost the pats looked on offense without Julian. Gronk looked slow footed, Hogan couldn't get separation, and Brady just looked off. Maybe they'll figure it out, but suddenly they look human. 

Ouch.

That happened to me when Arian Foster had the biggest game of his career.

He had like 50+ points in standard scoring leagues.   That really sucked.

The game planning on the Pats' end bothered me. It seems like they sold out on the defensive end to stop Kelce. And it didn't work. At all. On the offensive side, they seemed to try too hard to get the running game going early, and Brady never seemed to get in a groove as a result. Saw a number of consecutive runs on 1st and 2nd down, only to force Brady into a 3rd down conversion position that usually ended up unsuccessful (especially so after Amendola left the game). Though I fully admit I'm biased as all these playcalling decisions directly affected my players :D

Edited by atrium

Amendola worth putting in a claim for/spending 11% FAAB. I know he got blown up and usually gets hurt anyway but what the heck, pats offense seemed to fall apart when he went out

Edited by pdog109
35 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Amendola worth putting in a claim for/spending 11% FAAB. I know he got blown up and usually gets hurt anyway but what the heck, pats offense seemed to fall apart when he went out

he has a concussion

38 minutes ago, atrium said:

The game planning on the Pats' end bothered me. It seems like they sold out on the defensive end to stop Kelce. And it didn't work. At all. On the offensive side, they seemed to try too hard to get the running game going early, and Brady never seemed to get in a groove as a result. Saw a number of consecutive runs on 1st and 2nd down, only to force Brady into a 3rd down conversion position that usually ended up unsuccessful (especially so after Amendola left the game). Though I fully admit I'm biased as all these playcalling decisions directly affected my players :D

alex smith was incredible. 

6 hours ago, CooL said:

11th round?!  Do you play with 8 year olds?

All depends on when you drafted. Draft before Spencer Ware goes down? 11th round easy.

He went 1 pick before me in round 9 the day Spencer Ware went down. Saved money to pay $10 late in an auction draft when nobody else had the money to spend on him.

13 hours ago, Spina said:

14-Teamer: Tyrod is gone. Thought pretty hard about Kizer, but with the first game of the season, TNF and having Tyreek made me choose Smith for the combo. Probably the wrong choice. I know I'll be kicking myself cause that's what I do with fantasy.

Good Luck to everyone though -- not just tonight, but the whole year. Health. Success. Championships to all you!

Well now i wish I'd of gone Smith! Even bet on the patriots too. Sage to say i was wrong lol

2 minutes ago, MariGOATA said:

Kelce is an idiot. Looks like he still an immature idiot.

Especially since he said in the pregame interview he needed to stop doing idiotic stuff like that

Edited by lolcopter