NBC Sports Edge Forums

Drop Amendola for Chris Thompson? (Kind of) WHIR

Deep bench, 12 team PPR league. My RBs are horrible and someone cut Thompson, who'll be off waivers on Friday. He's easily the best RB out there.

Normally, I'd bid maybe $3 and hope to get him, but since Amendola is playing tonight, I believe ESPN will lock him from being cut even if I don't start him (someone please correct me if that's changed). So, I think I'd need to flat out drop Amendola before kickoff, and then risk not even getting CT is someone overbids. Is that worth it?

My current RBs; Riddick, Mixon, Sproles, Kamara, McFadden

If zeke ends up missing those 6 games you're rbs aren't looking that bad. Mixon will be the man at some point there. If you don't need amendola though you can give yourself an extra option in Thompson. All the leagues I have Danny though, I need to see some game action before I cut him

I think NE uses Danny a lot in certain games & then manages his snaps in others. He will have some good weeks, but with NE offense, I think I would drop him & pick up Thompson. If Rob doesn't get it going & the rookie isn't ready, Thompson slides in & should see a good number of carries & receptions. 

Thanks for mine & good luck!

I'm not sure how Thompson will do but his last year stat's look pretty good and he should have more of a roll especially in PPR so i'd say if you're strong at WR with backups an sure you'll get Thompson might be worth it. Amendola also might have a really great game and you could get trade value for a better RB. I like Thompson tho.

13 minutes ago, D-Marcus said:

If zeke ends up missing those 6 games you're rbs aren't looking that bad. Mixon will be the man at some point there. If you don't need amendola though you can give yourself an extra option in Thompson. All the leagues I have Danny though, I need to see some game action before I cut him

Thanks - that's what I anticipated when we did our way-too-early draft a month ago. But I'm beginning to think Zeke will play most, if not all year. :( If that happens, I'm stuck with those low-ceiling PPR guys, unless Mixon gets the job to himself.

I should note my WRs are Nelson, M. Thomas, Parker, J. Brown and Matthews. But we have two WR and two flex spots.

Leaning toward cutting Amendola, but I'm afraid he'll have one of those 12-catch games tonight. Thursday game are the worst.