NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Deonte Thompson 2017 Season Outlook

hard1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im plugging in him in this week . Cant ignore what he did on 22 snaps, and yes TB D has been swiss cheese, but Qak secondary is not much better, their on the road ,across country, on a track, in Buff. I like those odds alot this week. 

I definity see Tryod who has great deep ball, taking a shot and hitting Deonte in stride for 50+ yrd TD .  

3/75/1

14 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Im plugging in him in this week . Cant ignore what he did on 22 snaps, and yes TB D has been swiss cheese, but Qak secondary is not much better, their on the road ,across country, on a track, in Buff. I like those odds alot this week. 

I definity see Tryod who has great deep ball, taking a shot and hitting Deonte in stride for 50+ yrd TD .  

3/75/1

Funny thing is all the guy has to do is make 2 deep catches and a td every week and he is a wr1 stud

i'm actually thinking of taking a chance and starting him over galliday.  Seems like it would be worth the risk with all the bye weeks/ injuries but every time I think about it, I see that he's so deep on the depth chart

Edited by nk3323

8 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

I wouldn’t go as far to say the bears were dumb to let him go. 

The Bears have nobody at WR. I'm a Bears fan. He just went over 100 yards and the Bears just cut him. See what Inman can do I guess but unless he was a problem, I have no idea why the Bears cut him. 

58 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

he's so deep on the depth chart

What depth chart? The Bills have literally no-one to catch balls except their RB. No wait, it gets words: their receiving yards leader is their bloody TE, who is hardly the Gronk except for the fact he's injured.

The fact that Tyrod can throw something in the general downfield direction and it could actually get caught is going to be such a relief it's going to be pure magic.

59 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

i'm actually thinking of taking a chance and starting him over galliday.  Seems like it would be worth the risk with all the bye weeks/ injuries but every time I think about it, I see that he's so deep on the depth chart

People are so fixated on depth charts here. I wouldn't worry to much about it. He JUST showed up to the team last week and carved out 22 snaps. This is without even knowing the full playbook and he also out performed everyone and had their 1st 100yd receiving game by a WR for the Bills ALL SEASON. Expect that number of snaps to rise.

They also cut Klay the 3rd WR. Zay Jones has been terrible and Matthews not much better. At the very least he is going to be their WR2 and potential to be their WR1. I like the upside with the amount of volume he will be seeing. 

I would not start him unless things are really rough just because of the uncertainty regarding his usage, but the Raiders D relative to the Bucs is not scary.  They may be w/o their best CB and BUF has a 24 pt implied total (45 oU) at home in what is expected to be a competitive game.  I won't start him this week, but there are worse dart thrws out there.

From Scott Barrett's Start/Sit article listing Deonte as a start:

Deonte Thompson, WR, Buffalo Bills (vs. Oakland) – Over the past three seasons, 28 percent of Tyrod Taylor‘s passing yards have come on deep targets, the highest rate in the league. Thompson was used in this capacity last week (his first game with Buffalo), gaining 107 yards and seeing three of his four targets come on deep passes. Thompson also reportedly ran a 4.31 40-yard dash at his Pro Day in 2012. This matchup is particularly appealing considering Oakland is allowing the fourth-most fantasy points per game on deep passes (13.9) and rank worst in fantasy points per target allowed (4.1) on deep passes. To make matters even better for Thompson, neither of starting cornerbacks David Amerson or Gareon Conley practiced on Wednesday.

Edited by Euphonetics

With injuries and byes, I’ll be rolling with him this week. Zay hasn’t shown he can catch, and Matthews could still be recovering from his thumb. Let Oakland load the box to stop McCoy and throw a few deep ones to Thompson.  

Edited by Butters

Tate is down and funchess popped on injury report with a hammy. I never trust hammys when it comes to game performance so I may need to swing for the fences and grab deonte. U have to think if tyrod targeted him in his 1st game and got results tyrod will target him again in his 2nd game expecting similar results.

4 hours ago, KuNiT21 said:

I am probably starting him.  It's coming down to him or Stills if Parker can't go.  I am leaning towards this guy too as Baltimore's D is hit or miss but I don't want to be on hit side.

Baltimore’s d isn’t really hit or miss...is call it cut and dry. You can run all over them and they are very good vs the pass. Not saying I’d start DT but I’d be wary of Stills 

So it turns out I will be starting him in at least one league.  EJ Gaines is going to miss this week for BUF and it is looking like CB's Conley & Amerson and S Joseph will miss for OAK.  This can turn into a shootout quickly.  Buffalo has given up big plays when Gaines doesn't play.  The Bucs really came alive last week (3 TD passes) when he went out.