NBC Sports Edge Forums

Survivor Football 2017 Season Thread

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Since I used Buff/GB/Hawks & the Raiders

I believe the best pick is Pittsburgh  ... Very surprised the Eagles are getting this much play against the Cards.

my special on the road is the Chiefs @ Texans .......... 

my pick is Pittsburgh

Yikes .....eliminator has eliminated me

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 6 is super easy. ATL vs MIA, Hou vs CLE, WASH vs SF, DEN vs NYG all of those are home games. 

And Atlanta, Denver, and Washington are all fresh coming off a bye week. 

21 people out of 40 left in my pool went down with the Steelers today. Now I'm not trying to gloat here but I saw this coming a mile away. I didn't see 5 INTs but no one wants to give the Jags credit this year.

Congrats to anyone that survived the week 5 apocalypse.

Really tough week as we all knew...and Pittsburgh getting upset took a big blow to the league. I took the Eagles though...why were people so down on them? Arizona has looked like trash, lost their star RB and is west coast travelling to east coast at a 1PM game. The writing was on the wall for them. The other games were complete dicerolls. Kudos to that guy who took the Jets in one of the riskiest plays I've seen. Stuff like that wins survivor pools though, when you're able to win with a garbage team.

Going forward, picking against the Browns once again this year looks like the best fantasy strategy that no team wants to trust, but is very tempting. They look like complete garbage. Giants also seem to find a way to blow every game in the end this year, and getting beat by the luckless LA Chargers is a surefire way to lose steam on the season. Ben McAdoo is getting fired after this 0-5 start. The Raiders without Derek Carr just aren't going to get it done I think offensively until he comes back. Another good team to pick against now that things have shaken up.

25 minutes ago, 93_Confirmed said:

Fly Eagles Fly. There's only 8% of my (huge) pool left. This week is juicy and in order I'd go: 

DEN over NYG - lock of the week. 

ATL over MIA

HOU over CLE

NYG just lost both, maybe three of their WR corp. it appears to be the best decision. 

After sweating through that Cincy pick of mine I’m happy to take my  stress free bye week with Denver. They are a lock like Oakland was in Week 2. See you guys in Week 7.

Lets just say, if I did not use Pitt in week 1, I would 100% have used them last week and been burned.

With that said, I had to pick Philly and owwwwwww it feels so good. 6 people left in my 37 person pool :ph34r:...$50 buy in...very nice payout!

Week 6 is looking for Denver for me. I will gladly take the 13 point spread.

I'm having a tough time deciding between Houston and Denver. Both teams are not the most consistent but are going up against trash opponents. I hate Denver's offense but their defense absolutely shuts down offensive juggernauts like the Cowboys, and the giants have zero WRs.

Meanwhile, Houston is going up against the consensus worst team in the league...and they have literally no talent. Houston has looked competitive against noted contenders NE and KC and puts points up on the board.

19 minutes ago, Pandabear90 said:

Patriots?

Patriots on the road against a division rival who has been a mild surprise that they have actually won games?

Meanwhile, Denver and Washington are double digit favorites coming off byes each playing an 0-5 team?

And Houston with a high powered offense playing at home against 0-5 Cleveland?

Atlanta is also a heavy favorite coming off a bye at home against Miami.

Target one of the teams playing the 0-5 team is my advice.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Patriots on the road against a division rival who has been a mild surprise that they have actually won games?

Meanwhile, Denver and Washington are double digit favorites coming off byes each playing an 0-5 team?

And Houston with a high powered offense playing at home against 0-5 Cleveland?

Atlanta is also a heavy favorite coming off a bye at home against Miami.

Target one of the teams playing the 0-5 team is my advice.

You got a point but its the jets lmfao. 

On 10/11/2017 at 3:49 AM, theantishere said:

100% going Was this week. Coming off a bye and playing the Niners at home. Niners are a west coast team playing the 1pm game on the east coast. Plus I don't see a better time to play Was besides maye at home against NYG, but divisional games are always tough. 

I think this is my angle too, add in a healthy Reed this week as well. Go against the chalk Denver just in case they blow it.

Add this also. If the Eagles get their second loss tonight lock in Washington. They will have a fire lit to keep up in the division.

Edited by MaXLacker
On 10/11/2017 at 3:49 AM, theantishere said:

100% going Was this week. Coming off a bye and playing the Niners at home. Niners are a west coast team playing the 1pm game on the east coast. Plus I don't see a better time to play Was besides maye at home against NYG, but divisional games are always tough. 

Yeah I'm going with the Redskins due to this post. 49ERS travelling west playing a team on a bye week is hard to pass up.

People keep saying the jets are worse than they are, but Im not going to go near picking New England on the road in a divisional upset. That screams upset and this NE team is not of years past. The defense is about a strong as a wet paper bag.

We may have been given a gift for next week with Rogers going down: New Orleans on the road in Green Bay looks like a pretty winnable game for the Saints now that Rodgers is out. However, the Saints at home continue to be a formidable force, and look like a great Week 8 pick against Chicago. Next week looks brutal pick wise. I don't want to touch the Dallas game in SF after they just barely lost against Washington on the road today. Every other game looks way too close to call. Tennessee will probably be a popular pick too considering the Browns can't seem to play their way out of a paper bag.

Right now, my picks for next week:

Tennessee Titans on the road against the Cleveland Browns
The New Orleans Saints on the road against the Packers

Last two weeks have been down to the wire for me,Cincy last week and Skins today.Next week looks ugly but at first glance I'll take Vikings at home vs. Ravens.

41 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Last two weeks have been down to the wire for me,Cincy last week and Skins today.Next week looks ugly but at first glance I'll take Vikings at home vs. Ravens.

I took WAS myself this week after stealing one with MIA last week over TEN.  Switched from DEN last minute, thankfully.  #CSB

Man - F the Ravens.  If you told me before the game that the Bears would only complete 9 passes and the Ravens score two ST TDs and still lose, I wouldn't believe it.

After 6 weeks, only 6% of my pool remaining.  GL to those who are still alive.