NBC Sports Edge Forums

Survivor Football 2017 Season Thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Asys71 said:

What do you guys think about tonights game? Baltimore would be a smart sneaky pick

It could be smart alright,a smart way way to bounce your azz right out of contention.

Personally,I won't even consider that game but if you do good luck.

Riddle me this: In a regular 1 pick per week pool, why risk picking a bad team regardless of the spread? I'm talking about you Bengals... The team is 2-4 and hasn't shown much of anything this season. Changing up the offensive plays helped, but the last 4 weeks haven't been great since the change. 2 expected wins of Buffalo and Cleveland then a pummeling by Pittsburgh. What am I missing?

Edited by MistisoMan
34 minutes ago, MistisoMan said:

Riddle me this: In a regular 1 pick per week pool, why risk picking a bad team regardless of the spread? I'm talking about you Bengals... The team is 2-4 and hasn't shown much of anything this season. Changing up the offensive plays helped, but the last 4 weeks haven't been great since the change. 2 expected wins of Buffalo and Cleveland then a pummeling by Pittsburgh. What am I missing?

That it's the Colts.

I dunno though I have to steer clear until I see more from this team. I think New Orleans is the better pick this week in the dome. (If you still can take them).

8 hours ago, Asys71 said:

What do you guys think about tonights game? Baltimore would be a smart sneaky pick

16 minutes ago, MaXLacker said:

No no no! If anything I'd go Dolphins. Matt Moore is not a bad QB. But I would leave this game alone.

You'd be crazy to bank your survivor life on either Baltimore or Miami.  I could see this game going either way.

The easy pick will be the Eagles against Niners.

The next obvious pick will be Minnesota against Cleveland.

I also like Saints vs Bears.

Pats and KC good options too, but in a week with so many good options involving lesser teams, why waste a strong team (assuming you still have them left).

Just curious, how many left in your pool and what size did it start at?

Mine has 5 left out of a starting 200.

This week I'm going one of the following:

CIN (v. IND)

PHI (v. SF)

NO (v. CHI)

Staying away from MIN merely because it's a London game and crazy s--- sometimes happens there.  They're also "chalk" this week and chalk has been doing terribly so far...

Edited by LSUtiger

I really like NO in the dome this week. Philadelphia could be a trap. Watch the weather. Heavy downpours. Cincy has an unproven offense.

New Orleans at home against a QB that passed 7 times last week? Take it.

Edited by MaXLacker
10 hours ago, theantishere said:

I'm going Cincy at home. Brissett with a thumb injury on his throwing hand makes it an even more tasty matchup than before,  and it was pretty tasty to start anyways. 

Same, plus IND without two starting DBs. 

9 hours ago, Camplify said:

Seems like a pretty obvious Houston pick this week. 

Yeh, despite being chalk this week I am rolling with HOU at this point. 

PHI as the next biggest favorite is an option at home v. a reeling DEN team.

SEA is the next, but they've put me out two years in a row, and I don't trust them to outscore WAS.

My Saints are the next biggest favorite, but I'm not picking them in a divisional game, despite being at home and despite TB looking like dog**** recently.

I took already eagles, so I can't touch that one, but wouldn't be surprised if eagles lose one looking ahead to their bye.

saints were a thought, but I still don't 100% trust them. Also, like you said divisional game, so anything can happen. 

And intresting one is jacksonville, I know the spread is like 4.5/5 but cincy isn't a great team. And jags off a bye with fournette healthy. I think they win. 

19 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Was going Houston but now with Savage at QB....

13 minutes ago, dlee33701 said:

I hate switching last minute but I might have to go sea over hou? Any thoughts?

I had HOU, now I'm going NO. I am a DW owner, it's a big loss and a downgrade on their offensive prowess. HOU may go bonkers on D and pull out a W that way, but that's not something worth banking on. Savage is just awful...