NBC Sports Edge Forums

Survivor Football 2017 Season Thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Houston untouchable now IMO, the two I'm looking at are JAX v. Cincy and PHILLY v. Denver.  Leaning the Jags right now.

I don't wanna touch that Saints - Bucs game... division matchup and TB is a very talented team, regardless of how they are playing right now.  I already used Seattle so they're not an option for me.

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

With Houston untouchable now IMO, the two I'm looking at are JAX v. Cincy and PHILLY v. Denver.  Leaning the Jags right now.

I don't wanna touch that Saints - Bucs game... division matchup and TB is a very talented team, regardless of how they are playing right now.  I already used Seattle so they're not an option for me.

Just changed from HOU to PHI for this week. 

Think Jacksonville is the pick. 

The line has trended up all week. Off a bye. Cincy o-line suspect. 

Saints is another I would think, but That team always has a let down game every year and it's a divisional opponent. Don't feel good about that one.

On 11/2/2017 at 6:38 PM, Travdaddy10 said:

I think Seattle will kill Washington. So of course they'll lose.

Down to 6 of 185. Happy I didn't have Seattle available or that would've likely been my last week.

Early week 10 looks:

• Pittsburgh -10 @ Indy
  • Seattle - 5.5 @ Arizona
  • NE -7.5 @ Denver
  • Detroit - 9.5 vs Cleveland

Feeling like the masses are going to be on Detroit as the only game to pick them this season. Not sure if I want to fade or ride that one. Likely will decide after MNF today.

2 hours ago, MistisoMan said:

Down to 6 of 185. Happy I didn't have Seattle available or that would've likely been my last week.

Early week 10 looks:

• Pittsburgh -10 @ Indy
  • NE -7.5 @ Denver

Feeling like the masses are going to be on Detroit as the only game to pick them this season. Not sure if I want to fade or ride that one. Likely will decide after MNF today.

What a joke. 3 missed fgs and the failed last 30 seconds.

13 hours ago, MistisoMan said:

Early week 10 looks:

• Pittsburgh -10 @ Indy
  • NE -7.5 @ Denver

Down to 21 of 542.  I included Tenn as a team to consider this week.  I'm leaning toward Rams.

1 hour ago, theantishere said:

this is my first year doing survivor football. will there ever be a time, say in the final rounds, that a previously used team will be re-usable? or is it how I've thought all along, and once you use a team, it's not available the rest of the tournament? 

Depends on your specific pool rules.  The most common rules don't allow you to use a team twice.  I have been in pools that did allow us to use a team more than once.  But as I said, more commonly you cannot.  

20 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

Depends on your specific pool rules.  The most common rules don't allow you to use a team twice.  I have been in pools that did allow us to use a team more than once.  But as I said, more commonly you cannot.  

18 hours ago, Dixxon said:

And sometimes towards the end, some pools will make you pick 2 games a week to really thin out the numbers.

I'm just in a default Yahoo one, so I assume it's a one and done deal. I have the pick 2 games for the last few weeks I believe. Thanks

On 11/6/2017 at 11:24 AM, MistisoMan said:

Forgot about the Rams -11 @ Houston. That should be about as sure a thing as there is on the board.

I have the Rams locked in currently.  Other options I like are:

DET v. CLE

PIT @ IND

CAR v. MIA

Need to look at which teams have the better ROS...

8 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

DET v. CLE

PIT @ IND

CAR v. MIA

I've got DET picked. CAR v MIA scares me, but PIT @ IND isn't a bad pick if you don't have DET. I like LAR much more when they play SF Week 17 on 12/31, so I'm going to stash them.

I have a feeling that whomever is left in your pool is going to be all over Detroit.  They're not a great team.  But they play Cleveland.  Might this be the time to hope for a Cleveland upset and then you win it all with somebody else?  Or is that just silly, Cleveland sucks and can't beat anyone?

37 minutes ago, CooL said:

I have a feeling that whomever is left in your pool is going to be all over Detroit.  They're not a great team.  But they play Cleveland.  Might this be the time to hope for a Cleveland upset and then you win it all with somebody else?  Or is that just silly, Cleveland sucks and can't beat anyone?

We've all gotten this far and hopefully all still have some clear cut picks to make through the finish line. Now is not the time to get cute. Just pick the team you feel has the best shot at winning at let the other pool members try to get fancy and fail.

Edited by Gootz
4 hours ago, LSUtiger said:

DET v. CLE

PIT @ IND

CAR v. MIA

Every team remaining in my league has Detroit available. I'm going Rams as well. Hoping for the big upset in Detroit. I've looked over the remaining weeks and have some solid options even if I never use Detroit.

If anyone is betting cash Rams(Texans)/Lions(Browns)/Pats(Broncos)/Steelers(Colts) is currently paying 5:6 on the money line as well. I put a bigger than average wager on this as well.