NBC Sports Edge Forums

Survivor Football 2017 Season Thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crappy week for survivor football (or good week, depending on perspective lol). I can't imagine there were many eliminations at all.

17 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

Week 3 is much tougher than Week 2. I see the Patriots and Packers as my top two picks. Miami is my #3 pick and the Broncos are my 4th favorite. 

I like Green Bay week 3. New England is being saved for week 16 for me, which looks like an even rougher week for picks

I'm taking my Pack off the board. I'm a bit worried about Jordy's health, our O-Line and our defense. Also, Cincy is deploying a new O-Coordinator who might get a few of their dynamic pieces a lot more involved in the offense. 

I'm keeping New England at #1 and I'm moving the Broncos up to #2 and Miami to #3. The Broncos offense and defense is looking really good right now and Buffalo can't move the ball at all. I don't really seeing myself changing this up. I'm pretty sure guys like Atrium is saving the Broncos for Week 15 but I don't think it's a good idea to plan that far out. That's just my pet peeve. 

Man - this GB game reminds me a lot like the Colts one last year where they knocked me out.  Have to see the status of Jordy/Cobb first.  They should take care of business at home but they know how to keep things interesting.

I'll probably go with the Pats in one and I am taking a hard look at the Panthers.  Home game and the defense looks lights out.  Same old Saints regarding their defense but their offense looks out of sync.

1 hour ago, the_dying_dream said:

Steelers over the Glennon led Bears

Sounds good but Big Ben and the Steelers have struggled away from Heinz Field over the last few years and we've already seen how scary the Bears can be at home this season. We've also seen the Steelers look bad against the Browns on the road this year 

Just now, Cdub2k said:

Sounds good but Big Ben and the Steelers have struggled away from Heinz Field over the last few years and we've already seen how scary the Bears can be at home this season. We've also seen the Steelers look bad against the Browns on the road this year 

I'd much rather save the Steelers for week 5 at home vs the Jaguars.  Week 5 is slim pickings.  

Week 1: ATL

Week 2: PIT

Im looking at the Ravens this week as that defense is brutal and should shut down Jags offense no problem. Buck Allen and Benjamin watson have been keeping possession alive for the Ravens and I like their chances. 

Oakland vs Redskins also is appealing. Would like Miami over Jets but I just don't like division games as that's where a lot of upsides happen from knowing their opponent so well. 

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins
9 hours ago, crocp said:

B/c they are not at home? 

I could save them for week 7 vs the Jets, but @  Miami

10 hours ago, t2green2 said:

How can you do anything but Miami?

Miami's schedule looks brutal. Might as well pick them now while theyre still healthy and not wait until Week 7.

Miami or broncos this week for me.... pass rushers will make Tyrod and jets bum qb into panick mode and should win by just putting up 17+ in those games..... jets could easily go 0-16 this year and the bills have 0 offense especially when McCoy is already banged up... that broncos D is nasty and should bottle him up 

those 2 picks seem like 80%+ to me 

1 hour ago, Cdub2k said:

Do you consider New England as much as a lock the Raiders were last week or is there any doubt?

I'd say Oakland was a bigger lock imo.... I cannot really see the pats losing to a rookie QB but the pats have defensive holes and a ton of offensive injuries ... I'd rather save them versus the jets as well instead of a dangerous defense in the Texans..... I think this week is time to take a little risk in a team like Miami or Denver imo