NBC Sports Edge Forums

Survivor Football 2017 Season Thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of DNP's and LP's on the Patriots injury report. Friday's injury report should give us a better picture. The way it looks now is that the Patriots might be trotting their B- squad out there. Several starters haven't even practiced fully all week

Personally I like looking at Vegas odds before making a survivor pick and just an FYI,including the 49er's there are 10 home dogs in the NFL this week.I know most Survivor leagues don't worry about the spread but that is a BIG number of home dogs and I think a few of them are going to be barking once the games are over.

14 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

I feel like GB is a trap game. With all GB's injuries and a new OC in Cin. I'm staying away.

Was going to come in to say that. I have a heard time believing the Bengals are all the sudden one of the worst teams in the league. Marvin Lewis is backed against a wall. They need to win this game. Green Bay never looks as dangerous when Jordy isn't healthy or isn't playing either.

2 hours ago, griffin727 said:

Was going to come in to say that. I have a heard time believing the Bengals are all the sudden one of the worst teams in the league. Marvin Lewis is backed against a wall. They need to win this game. Green Bay never looks as dangerous when Jordy isn't healthy or isn't playing either.

Jordy is definitely playing and will probably have a HUGE game if Cobb is out.  Jordy is unreal from the slot. 

On 9/21/2017 at 4:04 PM, Baloo said:

I took Green Bay. Cincinnati in its first two home games couldn't score a touchdown. I don't see them going to Lambeau field and beating the Packers.

I took GB as well.  Our picks lock when the Thursday game starts, otherwise I might have switched given now reading how injured they are.  Still don't trust Cincy offense though to pull out an away win, so I hope we are all good.

5 hours ago, Baldy8 said:

I guess I'm alone but I'm going with Baltimore this week. I know the Jags defensive is good but I think Baltimore's is better and will force Bortles into several mistakes. In my pool you can buy back in 1 time until week 6 so I will risk it. 

Thats my pick too, Jacksonville’s only offensive threat is Fournette and that Ravens defense is looking good again.

Tennessee also exposed the Jaguars defense as it didn’t look as dominant as they did Week 1 against the Texans. looks like a safe pick for me 

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins
7 hours ago, Baldy8 said:

I guess I'm alone but I'm going with Baltimore this week. I know the Jags defensive is good but I think Baltimore's is better and will force Bortles into several mistakes. In my pool you can buy back in 1 time until week 6 so I will risk it. 

You're far from alone. I have 4 picks spread out over 3 pools. And I have been going back and forth all week on spending one on the Ravens. I just wish the game was on this continent somewhere. The biggest problem I see is the Ravens offense is very suspect and the Jags defense is much improved. If the Jags don't turn the ball over they can legitimately win this game in a low scoring 16-13 type game. I don't like risking my survivor pool life on a team with bad offense because if they fall behind early you're pretty much Fu#%ed.

3 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Baltimore over Jacksonville in survivor?  lol.  Let's get nuts!

Almost took this comment seriously until i saw your profile picture. Ravens over Jags easy. With Buck Allen and Ben Watson keeping the chains moving, that Jags defense will tire out fast as the Ravens dominate time of possession. One of the easiest picks of the week for me behind the Dolphins over Jets. Going back and forth over those. 

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins