NBC Sports Edge Forums

Survivor Football 2017 Season Thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Thats my pick too, Jacksonville’s only offensive threat is Fournette and that Ravens defense is looking good again.

Tennessee also exposed the Jaguars defense as it didn’t look as dominant as they did Week 1 against the Texans. looks like a safe pick for me 

Agreed.

3 hours ago, taobball said:

get why people are taking the Dolphins, but personally, divisional game on the road? Pass. 

I'll play it safe and take the Pats. 

Yep,one rule I never break in Survivor is a road favorite within the division.

7 hours ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Almost took this comment seriously until i saw your profile picture. Ravens over Jags easy. With Buck Allen and Ben Watson keeping the chains moving, that Jags defense will tire out fast as the Ravens dominate time of possession. One of the easiest picks of the week for me behind the Dolphins over Jets. Going back and forth over those. 

Lol, I can't tell if you're trolling.  Buck Allen and Ben Watson huh?  Good stuff.

7 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

Going baltimore... seriously can't see the ravens D getting out battled by jags Offense

Why does everyone act like the only matchup in this game is the Ravens D vs the Jags O? lol

The Jags D is for real people, get used to it.

2 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Why does everyone act like the only matchup in this game is the Ravens D vs the Jags O? lol

The Jags D is for real people, get used to it.

I think ti was fair to assume both, and I also think it was fair to assume that a Raven's defense that has gotten 4 INTs in two straight games would be making some good plays on a certain guy named Blake who isn't exactly commonly known for having good, clean first halves. 

And I started the Jags D in two. 

29 minutes ago, taobball said:

I also think it was fair to assume that a Raven's defense that has gotten 4 INTs in two straight games would be making some good plays

Yes, but we're talking about the Bengals and Browns.  The Jags don't let Bortles throw the ball much anymore.

Just now, RMJ_12 said:

Yes, but we're talking about the Bengals and Browns.  The Jags don't let Bortles throw the ball much anymore.

I'd have wagered higher INT%'s for the Jags than the Bengals. Not every team feels at home in London. 

Just now, taobball said:

I'd have wagered higher INT%'s for the Jags than the Bengals. Not every team feels at home in London. 

Bortles has been very careful with the ball this season.  Both of his int's so far have been tipped passes by his WR's.

3 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Bortles has been very careful with the ball this season.  Both of his int's so far have been tipped passes by his WR's.

Yeah I just think it's a very fan based perspective to not think the Ravens D was a good play that's all i"m saying. I'm not saying Jags D wasn't a good play. I started Jags D in more leagues than Ravens D because the latter is more expensive. I'm just saying that without hindsight there were thousands of reasons to believe it was a good play and very few to bleieve that this was going to happen. Bortles has been more careful than normal, but I don't think many thought he'd torch the Ravens with his sub-50% Comp Pct in the first half in his first two games.

All the top picks are struggling with close leads or they are losing. Or in the case of the Dolphins they are getting their as##s handed to them and the Ravens are already dead and gone. This has all the makings of a blood bath. 

I went with the Steelers X2, Patriots and Ravens. Ravens are already gone. Now I'm sweating the Steelers. I actually wouldn't mind the Patriots losing as long as the Steelers can come back and win. That'll leave me with 2 picks in two different pools that will be decimated if the Patriots and all the other upsets remain. 

3 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

All the top picks are struggling with close leads or they are losing. Or in the case of the Dolphins they are getting their as##s handed to them and the Ravens are already dead and gone. This has all the makings of a blood bath. 

I went with the Steelers X2, Patriots and Ravens. Ravens are already gone. Now I'm sweating the Steelers. I actually wouldn't mind the Patriots losing as long as the Steelers can come back and win. That'll leave me with 2 picks in two different pools that will be decimated if the Patriots and all the other upsets remain. 

Tough week for you, as I'm sure there will be for many.

New England was on the verge obviously of losing as well.  

Green Bay losing as well too.

Lots of pools going to be thinned out this week.  

If New England had lost, it would have been like week 2 of last year, and only the people picking Indy or something ridiculous like that would be left standing.

On 9/19/2017 at 7:14 AM, Cdub2k said:

I'm taking my Pack off the board. I'm a bit worried about Jordy's health, our O-Line and our defense. Also, Cincy is deploying a new O-Coordinator who might get a few of their dynamic pieces a lot more involved in the offense. 

I'm keeping New England at #1 and I'm moving the Broncos up to #2 and Miami to #3. The Broncos offense and defense is looking really good right now and Buffalo can't move the ball at all. I don't really seeing myself changing this up. I'm pretty sure guys like Atrium is saving the Broncos for Week 15 but I don't think it's a good idea to plan that far out. That's just my pet peeve. 

I said it in another post, but I really think it depends on your pool size. If it's a larger pool where you're in all likelihood gonna have to go the distance, it's more important to plan ahead imo. If you're playing in a pool of 100 you can probably be more liberal about your picks.

Hope you ended up going NE

6 minutes ago, Baloo said:

I scraped by with the Green Bay win, but man week 4 looks even tougher. Who are you guys thinking about? Honestly I like Kansas City at home. Not touching that Seattle game considering they can't score.

I like Atlanta at home vs. Buffalo

2 hours ago, Marinap87 said:

Miamiiiiiiii thanks a lot

no kidding.  and I alllllllllllmost swapped to Pats but decided I was second guessing too much

ugh, something like 50% of entries died this week so this was a brutal weekend for survivor leagues

Edited by jonasdash
2 hours ago, Baloo said:

I scraped by with the Green Bay win, but man week 4 looks even tougher. Who are you guys thinking about? Honestly I like Kansas City at home. Not touching that Seattle game considering they can't score.

Seattle's offense finally came alive in the second half against a solid Titans defense. I'm rolling with them over the Colts at home in the hopes that they keep it going offensively.

3 hours ago, atrium said:

I said it in another post, but I really think it depends on your pool size. If it's a larger pool where you're in all likelihood gonna have to go the distance, it's more important to plan ahead imo. If you're playing in a pool of 100 you can probably be more liberal about your picks.

Hope you ended up going NE

I have one pick left and I survived with the GOAT coming through in the clutch. The only regret was picking Pitt twice instead of picking Patriots twice. 

9 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Why the Steelers? Road Big Ben is notoriously not good. The Bears barely lost to the Falcons in their first road game.