NBC Sports Edge Forums

Survivor Football 2017 Season Thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, MaXLacker said:

After much thought I rolled with NE tonight. I just can't pick any Sunday game and feel good about it. If i go down I'll burn with Brady.

Fyi Gronk has just been ruled OUT

On 10/5/2017 at 4:41 PM, atrium said:

Fyi Gronk has just been ruled OUT

Gronk was ruled out for most of 2017 and they won without him. I don't think he's that important. 

On 10/5/2017 at 3:47 PM, MaXLacker said:

After much thought I rolled with NE tonight. I just can't pick any Sunday game and feel good about it. If i go down I'll burn with Brady.

Congrats on surviving Week 5. You might be one of the few people left after Sunday's bloodbath

by far the toughest week yet. 

I can only speak for myself, but I've already used Carolina, New England, Seattle, and Oakland...

and I'm struggling between Pittsburgh (JAX), Philly (ARI), Baltimore (@OAK), Buffalo (@ CIN), and I also like the Lions at home against Carolina-- but it's tough to bet everything on that one...    

My gut feeling is that Buffalo just ravages Cincinnati and establishes themselves as the "oh wait, they are actually really good" team of 2017.

But logic is steering me more toward Pittsburgh... though there is the nightmare scenario where Jax D stifles Big Ben and co., then sort of pulls a "Dallas" by dominating possession and giving Fournette like 25 carries, and sneaking out a 17-13 win or whatever.

Where are you all leaning? It looks like Pittsburgh and Philly are the two most chosen teams this week... can someone enlighten me as to why Philly is this massive favorite over Arizona? They don't seem too dissimilar. Is Philly's defense that good? or is it more about Arizona traveling cross country? 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Call me crazy, but I am going with the Giants.  While SD always scares me despite of their record, they have to travel to the east coast for a 10 am (PST) game, and I’d like to save Philly for week 8.  Giants have also played a lot better the last couple weeks.  

That being said, I’m fully aware I may not be making another visit to this thread after this week.

3 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Call me crazy, but I am going with the Giants.  While SD always scares me despite of their record, they have to travel to the east coast for a 10 am (PST) game, and I’d like to save Philly for week 8.  Giants have also played a lot better the last couple weeks.  

That being said, I’m fully aware I may not be making another visit to this thread after this week.

I see your reasoning but you will be nervous the entire game. Take a nap for 3 hours and wake up to see the final, hoping for the best lol.

2 minutes ago, Baldy8 said:

I see your reasoning but you will be nervous the entire game. Take a nap for 3 hours and wake up to see the final, hoping for the best lol.

I work graveyard at the moment so I’ll more than likely be sleeping for the game anyway lol.  And really not any game I feel overly confident about.  I’ve already used Pitt, and I just feel like there is a better time I can use Philly.

I'm switching from Philly to the Giants. Patterson covering Alshon,  AZ's ability to take away the TE and Phillys weak secondary have me concerned. 

I feel best about Detroit but they have CLE at home in a few weeks. I don't trust the Pittsburgh game bc I don't think we've seen either team's real identity and they've both been very inconsistent imo 

This is a really tough week, I have two picks left in my survivor pool, I will pick PIT for my first one JAX is a good team but I don't believe they have faced very good offenses yet (I'm too lazy to check this out) and the second one I will pick either PHI or NYG. I almost can't see AZ winning in PHI, since they barely won against the 49ers at home, but then again I thought that ATL and NE would easily win their matches last week. It will be a last minute decision.

Uuuugh I took Pittsburgh but I reallyy don't feel confident at all (then again there isn't a single matchup that looks attractive to me) It's supposedly raining and I feel like it's just going to be sloppy...the perfect game for JAX to steal. 

Call me crazy, but no one is taking about Miami and I'm kind of considering them. Mariota out, their defense has been bad and they are on the road in what is supposed to be a scorcher of a day. I think the Miami offense goes off today, lead mainly by a great performance by Ajayi, and pulls off the win.

In a week with so many ugly matchups I think risking on Miami wouldn't be such a crazy idea.

Edited by Pigskingpin

Since I used Buff/GB/Hawks & the Raiders

I believe the best pick is Pittsburgh  ... Very surprised the Eagles are getting this much play against the Cards.

my special on the road is the Chiefs @ Texans .......... 

my pick is Pittsburgh

50 minutes ago, atrium said:

Really regretting picking Pitt over Philly already. Jax looks better than Pitt

Philly has blown some big leads this season. I'd withhold judgement until its over