NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2017-2018 season outlook

2 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Should we be worried about the lack of shots? 5 yesterday and 0 so far today. Of course, I will take the few shots with stocks and good %s over a 4/21 shooting night.

Ask and ye shall receive. And just as the Lord giveth shots, he quickly taketh thy FG%. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got offered Jimmy Butler for Covington and i thought it was very rude to offer a Butler for a Lord. Butler is there to serve while Lord is there to rule

Apparently Covington found out right before the game his childhood friend had been shot and killed. Hope the Lord gets through it ok. That would also explain his performance

our Lord is testing us to see who amongst us are loyal and who amongst are thieving scoundrels.  Stay faithful brothers and sisters.  This is but a dry spell.  Our Lord will rain 3s upon us soon!

4 hours ago, hyperionloop said:

Jesus when did this guy become a FG% killer. Really hope it's just a slump and he finds his shot again soon. 

He's been a FG% killer his whole career. This year has been the exception. There's probably a little bit of stat corrections to be had this year. He'll still finish with a respectable FG%.

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Whining about Covington's fg% is like whining about Deandre's ft%.  You draft those guys to fit specific builds.

Right. But what's concerning is the volume he shoots when Embiid sits. My build can absorb 16-17 BobCov's shooting. But 25% on 20 shots is a different monster. 

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

Right. But what's concerning is the volume he shoots when Embiid sits. My build can absorb 16-17 BobCov's shooting. But 25% on 20 shots is a different monster. 

Haven't checked the stats but fairly sure his numbers are far better when Embiid plays (not sure how to check this). Here's hoping Embiid is able to stay healthy this season!

1 hour ago, backyardballer said:

Haven't checked the stats but fairly sure his numbers are far better when Embiid plays (not sure how to check this). Here's hoping Embiid is able to stay healthy this season!

Surprisingly, his numbers are pretty similar with and without Embiid.  In 6 games without Embiid:

12.7 ppg, 6 reb, 2.7 threes, 1.0 ast, 1.8 stl, 0.8 blk on 42.0% shooting

Compared to season averages of:  15.0 ppg, 6.3 reb, 3.2 threes, 1.9 ast, 1.8 stl, 0.9 blk on 42.4% shooting

*Part of the 12.7 ppg without Embiid is skewed by a 5 point, 15 minute game he had in the third game of the season where they were blown out.

Any night he can drop 5+ of threes, steals, blocks, or a combination of all of them. That's a trait almost completely unique to RoboCov.

Yeah, he has plenty of duds, and they're frustrating. But the stocks and threes upside on a nightly basis is insane.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, CFN said:

Any night he can drop 5+ of threes, steals, blocks, or a combination of all of them. That's a trait almost completely unique to RoboCov.

Yeah, he has plenty of duds, and they're frustrating. But the stocks and threes upside on a nightly basis is insane.

I don't think he even has that many duds, tbh. A lot of times when the shooting is off he'll fill up the boxscore in stocks and vice versa. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

I don't think he even has that many duds, tbh. A lot of times when the shooting is off he'll fill up the boxscore in stocks and vice versa. 

now imagine pairing giannis, draymond, and horford with roco :o that's stocks GALORE

9 minutes ago, ThottiePippen said:

Horford gives you 1.5 total stocks (0.6 & 0.9) I wouldnt necessarily consider him as a part of the "stocks galore" group

Then u can put dipo or wall on there then. They avg 2+ per