Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2017-2018 season outlook


Recommended Posts

I'm fortunate to also have Saric on my team.  It looks like he's taken on the Lord's role on this offense.  I hope they figure this out soon.  I'd be fine if Saric comes off the bench again so the Lord can once again feast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got offered Jimmy Butler for Covington and i thought it was very rude to offer a Butler for a Lord. Butler is there to serve while Lord is there to rule

Apparently Covington found out right before the game his childhood friend had been shot and killed. Hope the Lord gets through it ok. That would also explain his performance

our Lord is testing us to see who amongst us are loyal and who amongst are thieving scoundrels.  Stay faithful brothers and sisters.  This is but a dry spell.  Our Lord will rain 3s upon us soon!

I have Saric and Ariza which makes the Lord's role in my team a bit redundant.  It's hard to shop him around now so I'll hold and see if he can turn this around.  However, the drop in FG attempts this month - even with Redick out tonight - is what worries me.

 

edit: numbers below:

 

 

:wacko:

Edited by gill2k
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gill2k said:

I have Saric and Ariza which makes the Lord's role in my team a bit redundant.  It's hard to shop him around now so I'll hold and see if he can turn this around.  However, the drop in FG attempts this month - even with Redick out tonight - is what worries me.

 

edit: numbers below:

 

 

:wacko:

 

Well, the encouraging thing about this graphic is that it's 4 games. That's a hell of a small sample size. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He literally does this every year...tough guy to own. When hot he is top 25 when not he is a total bust and unplayable. Last year it was the start of the season then he turned it on in the second half. Sixers have a lot of options and a lot of young ball dominant guys that need the rock. I would say the outlook isn't great for the Lord of Covington, but in saying that you never know when he will go on one of his MUST roster runs...Like has been said many times on this thread before - the lord giveth and the lord taketh away...so true

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

He literally does this every year...tough guy to own. When hot he is top 25 when not he is a total bust and unplayable. Last year it was the start of the season then he turned it on in the second half. Sixers have a lot of options and a lot of young ball dominant guys that need the rock. I would say the outlook isn't great for the Lord of Covington, but in saying that you never know when he will go on one of his MUST roster runs...Like has been said many times on this thread before - the lord giveth and the lord taketh away...so true

 

Actually this is the worst ten game stretch by quite a margin in the last two years.  He really does seem to be suffering from the larger talent pool in Philly these days. Not that this makes him dropworthy, but I will be surprised if he gets back to even fourth round value ROS. Of course if Embid goes down that would change things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, croydonfacelift said:

 

Actually this is the worst ten game stretch by quite a margin in the last two years.  He really does seem to be suffering from the larger talent pool in Philly these days. Not that this makes him dropworthy, but I will be surprised if he gets back to even fourth round value ROS. Of course if Embid goes down that would change things.

 

Seriously? He averaged 7 points a game on under 30% shooting until late December last year (25+ games). Do you just make stuff up? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

The disconcerting thing is that this was without Reddick. The (hazy) light at the end of the tunnel being the sixer’s 5 game week before playoffs.

The only 5-game week I see is SAC, week 20

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

 

Seriously? He averaged 7 points a game on under 30% shooting until late December last year (25+ games). Do you just make stuff up? 

I have no shares of Covington this year, but I was going to mention just how bad of a slump he was in last year. He hit the wire and went for like 45% of the FAAB budget and that team went on to win. If he gets dropped in my league again this year I would spend a considerable amount of FAAB to get him. He has been really banged up with injuries, but he will get out of this slump eventually and the system is still pretty awesome that he plays in. Just be patient. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

 

I have SAC week 19, and sixers week 18, but just saw that it’s the all-star weekend schedule. They are the only ones that play 3 games upon return.

Ah I see.

Well there's the 4-4-4 PO schedule for my league, which is nice. Though the team in first place has Simmons, which is intimidating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tongs said:

Ah I see.

Well there's the 4-4-4 PO schedule for my league, which is nice. Though the team in first place has Simmons, which is intimidating.

 

Yeah, sixers’ schedule rocks for playoffs, but it’s looking like embiid, saric, and Simmons are the safest bets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mcflywalker said:

 

Yeah, sixers’ schedule rocks for playoffs, but it’s looking like embiid, saric, and Simmons are the safest bets.

100%. As is CP3 and Harden on the Rockets, then there's Ariza. The two have always played similar roles, the encouraging thing is that Covington's still getting big minutes because they need his defense. 

Their last game this week is hosting Milwaukee, and he's going to be very busy with Saric going up against Middleton and Giannis. I expect big minutes again, just hope that leads to some stats.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...