Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2017-2018 season outlook


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I have no shares of Covington this year, but I was going to mention just how bad of a slump he was in last year. He hit the wire and went for like 45% of the FAAB budget and that team went on to win. If he gets dropped in my league again this year I would spend a considerable amount of FAAB to get him. He has been really banged up with injuries, but he will get out of this slump eventually and the system is still pretty awesome that he plays in. Just be patient. 

 

Yep.  At the start of last season he couldn't hit a thing, and fans were calling for his head.  Then he turned it around, and played great the rest of the season, and the start of this season as well.  He was Lord Covington.  Now he's in a funk again, and his shot is just ... off.  Threw up an ugly air ball from 3 and he didn't want to shoot after that.

 

It looks like Covington is just a guy who goes into long funks with his shot, and we have to live with them.  Of note is that he still got 40 minutes while the Sixers held Boston to 80.  He still has a big role on the Sixers and is not going to lose minutes. He won't see 40 all that often, but 30 minutes is safe, and that shot should return.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got offered Jimmy Butler for Covington and i thought it was very rude to offer a Butler for a Lord. Butler is there to serve while Lord is there to rule

Apparently Covington found out right before the game his childhood friend had been shot and killed. Hope the Lord gets through it ok. That would also explain his performance

our Lord is testing us to see who amongst us are loyal and who amongst are thieving scoundrels.  Stay faithful brothers and sisters.  This is but a dry spell.  Our Lord will rain 3s upon us soon!

mm m m m mmmmmmm

L O R D

IS

FINE

L O R D 

IS

GOOD

                             ????

                                   ??

                                   ??                 

            ?                 ??                 ?

            ??????????

            ??????????                 

            ?                 ??                 ?

                                  ??                                 

                                  ??

                                  ??                               

                                  ??

                                  ??

                             ????

Link to post
Share on other sites

A wise man is able to discern between good and evil, and he knows how to respond to and deal with a situation. He is discreet and realistic, with power to make plans. He makes the most out of life. He never drop the Lord ”

 

David Pawson

Edited by Faber
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/01/2018 at 10:54 PM, Purple Hippo said:

 

Seriously? He averaged 7 points a game on under 30% shooting until late December last year (25+ games). Do you just make stuff up? 

Exactly. That is what I was referring to in my post. I drafted him in a league last year and couldn't hold only to see him destroy me in the play-offs. Lesson is you should never forsake the lord 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

after last night’s game i’m really thinking of dropping him.. he’s hit or miss and too inconsistent on most nights to be relied on, especially when you are in a competitive league fighting for a playoff spot. he’s has a s---y % and awful TO.. but i’m hesitating, i think a couple more bad games and he’s gone.

the problem is his tiny usage rate, this is even when redick has been injured, sometimes he only takes 1 shot a quarter.... and his steals have also gone down 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, imaginarykid said:

after last night’s game i’m really thinking of dropping him.. he’s hit or miss and too inconsistent on most nights to be relied on, especially when you are in a competitive league fighting for a playoff spot. he’s has a s---y % and awful TO.. but i’m hesitating, i think a couple more bad games and he’s gone.

the problem is his tiny usage rate, this is even when redick has been injured, sometimes he only takes 1 shot a quarter.... and his steals have also gone down 

Drop him and let someone else reap the benefits. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, imaginarykid said:

after last night’s game i’m really thinking of dropping him.. he’s hit or miss and too inconsistent on most nights to be relied on, especially when you are in a competitive league fighting for a playoff spot. he’s has a s---y % and awful TO.. but i’m hesitating, i think a couple more bad games and he’s gone.

the problem is his tiny usage rate, this is even when redick has been injured, sometimes he only takes 1 shot a quarter.... and his steals have also gone down 

 

So you're not even gonna use a top 40 player as a trade piece if you want him gone? lol ok 

Where were you when Cov was killing it the first two months of the season?

Edited by TheBoondocks
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, imaginarykid said:

after last night’s game i’m really thinking of dropping him.. he’s hit or miss and too inconsistent on most nights to be relied on, especially when you are in a competitive league fighting for a playoff spot. he’s has a s---y % and awful TO.. but i’m hesitating, i think a couple more bad games and he’s gone.

the problem is his tiny usage rate, this is even when redick has been injured, sometimes he only takes 1 shot a quarter.... and his steals have also gone down 

 

You must be new to fantasy basketball if you think it’s ever a smart decision to outright drop a player who’s been ranked inside the top 50 all season. You can drop him but it will be a classic newb mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

 

 

So you're not even gonna use a top 40 player as a trade piece if you want him gone? lol ok 

Where were you when Cov was killing it the first two months of the season?

so by yahoo rankings howard is ranked outside top 150, there are 150 players better than howard right? Good logic, stick to it

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

 

You must be new to fantasy basketball if you think it’s ever a smart decision to outright drop a player who’s been ranked inside the top 50 all season. You can drop him but it will be a classic newb mistake.

you must be new at this game judging how valuable a player is by yahoo rankings. you won’t win in competitive leagues by going with yahoo rankings. darren collison is ranked 31, so you are saying he’s worth more than, let’s say, tyreke evans. you still don’t understand what the problem is with covington. overall he’s maintaining top 40 by yahoo standards, if you breakdown his season, he was top 15 during the first few weeks, and since december probably outside top 80, the problem isn’t only he’s shooting bad, the problem is he doesn’t shoot enough, AKA usage rate, i don’t care if he shoots 15 times and misses, but i have a problem every other night he shoots 6 or 8 times and misses

Edited by imaginarykid
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, imaginarykid said:

you must be new at this game judging how valuable a player is by yahoo rankings. you won’t win in competitive leagues by going with yahoo rankings. darren collison is ranked 31, so you are saying he’s worth more than, let’s say, tyreke evans. you still don’t understand what the problem is with covington. overall he’s maintaining top 40 by yahoo standards, if you breakdown his season, he was top 15 during the first few weeks, and since december probably outside top 80, the problem isn’t only he’s shooting bad, the problem is he doesn’t shoot enough, AKA usage rate, i don’t care if he shoots 15 times and misses, but i have a problem every other night he shoots 6 or 8 times and misses

 

 

He’s been a top 50 type player for 3+  seasons now and he always ends up around 13 ppg shooting approx 40% while providing elite threes and stocks. That’s what you should have expected when you drafted him and you should have  also known he’s one of the streakiest players in the game. If you react to things on a game to game basis you will give yourself a stroke.  

 

Are you saying he won’t end up with those numbers ROS? If you really think so, the drop him and be done with it, just don’t be surprised when he has positive regression back to his regular numbers.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, imaginarykid said:

so by yahoo rankings howard is ranked outside top 150, there are 150 players better than howard right?

 

If every category is treated equal, then yes.  7.8 fta/game at a 55% clip... well, you can do the math.  If you aren't punting FT% then Howard shouldn't be owned.

 

41 minutes ago, imaginarykid said:

you won’t win in competitive leagues by going with yahoo rankings

 

And you won't win a competitive league by dropping a top-50 player.  But knock yourself out.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BoogieNights said:

 

If every category is treated equal, then yes.  7.8 fta/game at a 55% clip... well, you can do the math.  If you aren't punting FT% then Howard shouldn't be owned.

 

 

And you won't win a competitive league by dropping a top-50 player.  But knock yourself out.

yep just dropped him and can’t wait, good luck holding on to him with his signature line LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

 

 

He’s been a top 50 type player for 3+  seasons now and he always ends up around 13 ppg shooting approx 40% while providing elite threes and stocks. That’s what you should have expected when you drafted him and you should have  also known he’s one of the streakiest players in the game. If you react to things on a game to game basis you will give yourself a stroke.  

 

Are you saying he won’t end up with those numbers ROS? If you really think so, the drop him and be done with it, just don’t be surprised when he has positive regression back to his regular numbers.

just did, won’t look back, he’s basically a s---y kent bazemore. hope you enjoyed his line tonight, 3/12 with 3 TO LOL, have fun having a headache and probably drop him during playoffs 

Edited by imaginarykid
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BoogieNights said:

If every category is treated equal, then yes.  7.8 fta/game at a 55% clip... well, you can do the math.  If you aren't punting FT% then Howard shouldn't be owned.

there’s so many things wrong with your logic and fantasy probably isn’t your type of game, it’s safe to say you won’t win a anything anytime soon

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...