Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2017-2018 season outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got offered Jimmy Butler for Covington and i thought it was very rude to offer a Butler for a Lord. Butler is there to serve while Lord is there to rule

Apparently Covington found out right before the game his childhood friend had been shot and killed. Hope the Lord gets through it ok. That would also explain his performance

our Lord is testing us to see who amongst us are loyal and who amongst are thieving scoundrels.  Stay faithful brothers and sisters.  This is but a dry spell.  Our Lord will rain 3s upon us soon!

I dropped in my 10 teamer. 10 Teams and below, there are too many promising guys to wait for one good game outta Cov. Personally, I’m using the spot as a streamer. As the season winds down, playoffs will prove to have a bunch of overfilled days. Instead of having Cov and having to sit him on the overfilled days, I’d rather play a hot streamer on the light days and gain the advantage that way.

 

Cov was awesome last season, and he was great to start this one, but if I remember correctly, Dario wasn’t involved in the lineups early on. As JJ and Dario emerged, Rob just faded away. Tough to see, but he’s more valuable in real life.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 3:39 PM, cdd10 said:

i guess if you call shooting 34% over the last 4 weeks "streaky" then fine. lol the dude sucks. 

 

 Still at #37 for the season on BBmon, 43 on Yahoo, and finished in the 60's his previous two seasons.  Lol, "sucks" OK.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swyck said:

 

 Still at #37 for the season on BBmon, 43 on Yahoo, and finished in the 60's his previous two seasons.  Lol, "sucks" OK.  

 

The dude played one good(great) month. Average rankings: #50 for the season, #78 past three months, #138 past two months, #161 last month. Shooting %37 for the last 3 months. The Sixers are a different team this year, with Saric, Simmons and Embiid, so last year's rejuvenated post-ASB run is unlikely. I think it's time to move on from the Lord in 10 teamers (and possibly shallow 12-teamers).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rush007 said:

 

The dude played one good(great) month. Average rankings: #50 for the season, #78 past three months, #138 past two months, #161 last month. Shooting %37 for the last 3 months. The Sixers are a different team this year, with Saric, Simmons and Embiid, so last year's rejuvenated post-ASB run is unlikely. I think it's time to move on from the Lord in 10 teamers (and possibly shallow 12-teamers).

 

I made a post a couple of weeks ago spotlighting these exact points and this is the problem with reading statistics. You can interprete them differently. Total rank he is fine, developement the last weeks / months is a disaster. The last chance is to call it "a slump" w/o any evidence (even the slump last year didn't took that long). I sold him (unfortunately too late) but will monitor if he breaks out till the end of the season.

Edited by dorwell
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, swyck said:

 

 Still at #37 for the season on BBmon, 43 on Yahoo, and finished in the 60's his previous two seasons.  Lol, "sucks" OK.  

rankings mean nothing at this point of the season. and he was on terrible teams the previous 2 seasons. now that the sixers are better he is becoming irrelevant quickly

Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is shooting literally 26% the last two weeks and 34% the last month... how in the HELL can this possibly sustain through the next couple weeks and then the fantasy playoffs? There's no WAY there isn't a stat correction at some point........ right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ComericanPie said:

This guy is shooting literally 26% the last two weeks and 34% the last month... how in the HELL can this possibly sustain through the next couple weeks and then the fantasy playoffs? There's no WAY there isn't a stat correction at some point........ right? 

%37 in the last three months. Feel free to come up with your own conclusions :D This was the stat correction to his crazy good start.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, swyck said:

 

 Still at #37 for the season on BBmon, 43 on Yahoo, and finished in the 60's his previous two seasons.  Lol, "sucks" OK.  

You like talking ranking, did you try checking his ranking for the past 1W, 1M, oh or even 2M?

 

I guess no. Let me do it for you

 

Last 1W, he ranked at #148.

Last 2W, he is out of rank.

Last 1M, #166

Last 2M #138

 

I guess this is the type of players you keep in your team?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cdd10 said:

rankings mean nothing at this point of the season. and he was on terrible teams the previous 2 seasons. now that the sixers are better he is becoming irrelevant quickly

Objectively wrong. I play in a roto league and am pretty content with his help in winning me money. If you drafted one of the streakiest players in fantasy basketball too early in a H2H league, you have nobody to blame but yourself. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Objectively wrong. I play in a roto league and am pretty content with his help in winning me money. If you drafted one of the streakiest players in fantasy basketball too early in a H2H league, you have nobody to blame but yourself. 

true i forget about roto. and i agree about people that drafted him

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It reminds me of when Danny Green was going early-mid round, and then had a season long slump. Pretty much thanks to the addition of Aldridge. 

Like the addition of Simmons, a healthy Embiid, Saric, and others... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...