NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Jackson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I drafted him and its taken a hell of a lot of patience but it has paid off stashing him.

The only concern i have is payton being there. Surely that will move jackson to the bench? 

Run with a payton, booker, warren, bender, chandler starting 5

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you even go 0/13? Lol

I feel extremely sorry for anyone who didn't scoop this beast. 

Looked like Payton, Daniels (Booker), Warren, Jackson, Bender against Denver tonight.

And, did he recently get the SG tag in ESPN? I thought it would go the other way, for him to get PF.. Maybe that will happen?

4 hours ago, crocp said:

lol...who does then??? Def not Warren

Chriss off the bench, and go semi-small? Depends on matchups maybe. But they definitely have to give Jackson minutes, they'd be stupid not to

Probably won't happen, but I'd love to see one of the two lineups:

Payton/Booker/Jackson/Warren/Bender (Small Ball)

Booker/Jackson/Warren/Chriss/Bender (more conventional with Booker playing point).

At this point, I think that Booker, Warren and Jackson are their three best players and need to see as much court time as possible. The rest of the team should be made to fit around that.

41 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Great line last night, with the healthy team. It seems like TJ was the odd man out. What are your thoughts? Do you expect his mins/touches go down ROS? It seems unlikely to me.

I think some nights Warren will play more, the other nights Jackson will play more; depending on matchup and he got the hot hand.

• Like 1
On 2/11/2018 at 12:26 PM, tongs said:

Chriss off the bench, and go semi-small? Depends on matchups maybe. But they definitely have to give Jackson minutes, they'd be stupid not to

Well with Booker saying that as long as he's healthy he gonna play. With Payton there now and STARTING, Jackson is droppable in shallow leagues. You can expect a bumpy road ROS.

• Haha 1

Yeah like in the last game and only actual evidence we have so far with Booker and Payton starting and Jackson off the bench. Lemme check those stats real quick

36 mins, 10/15 fgs, 2/3 3's, 7 rebs, 2 asts, 1 stl, 22 points

Drop city I guess. Not even time to wait out and see how the next game goes. 

I mean why would Phoenix want to develop their number 4 pick who's been playing really well when given opportunities in an otherwise dead season.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Whos_House said:

Yeah like in the last game and only actual evidence we have so far with Booker and Payton starting and Jackson off the bench. Lemme check those stats real quick

36 mins, 10/15 fgs, 2/3 3's, 7 rebs, 2 asts, 1 stl, 22 points

Drop city I guess. Not even time to wait out and see how the next game goes. 

I mean why would Phoenix want to develop their number 4 pick who's been playing really well when given opportunities in an otherwise dead season.

In shallow leagues, you can't wait to see that lineup each night. I'm in 12 teams and bench roles are unpredictable. Their numbers can be volatile. I'm assuming with Payton starting, they wanna get him acclimated to the system along with chemistry. I hear you and agree, but the Suns are back loaded at wing spot. Say they do rest either Booker or Warren some nights, that my friend is a wash. Same with their front court as well. Booker, Warren and Payton are the only I can trust and I have none of them rostered, dropped Jackosnin being proactive.

Edited by Forever Smooth
Correction