NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Head 2 head playoff updates.

17 hours ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

How are you guys doing so far???

We just had week 1 in the books and it was amazing. Such close battles.

I hope the RW family is advancing and dominating. 

After being the number 1 seed all year I fell to number 3 during the last week, I got bounced in my first matchup. My team sucked from August on. Correa, Pollock, Perez, Taylor, Mazara, Shaw, Alex Wood, Danny Salazar, Aaron Nola....all turned to dog sh*t during the stretch run.

Edited by Mickey Donovan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

That's a nice rotation to destroy your ERA and WHIP with.  Leiter was one the unholy trinity I mentioned in my first post above that destroyed my ERA and WHIP last Monday.  I thought he would be a good streamer too ... until that happened.  I see he had a good game later last week against the Nats after I dropped him (go figure) but that 21.60 ERA against the freaking Mets left scars on me, man.

Well Lively hasn't been too bad recently but the rest, yuck.  And really?  Mike Leake?  Boy did he fall off the cliff after the first month or so of the season.  Sometimes less is best.  Now if the Mariners let Albers pitch again soon that would be nice.  But I wouldn't touch Leake myself.

PS: Kind of glad this is morphing into a strategy thread as well.  We need something like this thread for the rest of the season.

Haha I agree less is more sometimes. Im just using my bye week to see if there's anything I should do.

Leake has been serviceable I say last few games after he moved to Seattle. And I kind of just picked the ones that are playing cold/weak teams.

Tbh pitching is thin in my league so not too many appealing options. 

:(ESPN  I am 1 down in W and SV, but should take 5/6 hitting.  I lwould ose the tiebreaker though at 6-6.  next week is championship and 3rd place consolation.

Leading by 50 in points CBS league in the semis.  50 point lead into tomorrow.  We have Klubes and Manaea (lol) vs Stras vs LAD and HOU vs Sea (I think)

Anyone of you competent owners in PO wanna help me? Semifinal starting next week after bye week.

Not sure if I should drop Scooter or Moose (they seem to have cooled down and their recent injuries) for Yolmer, Asdrubal Cabrera, Headley or Beltre.

I've got Jorge Polanco as my 3B for now in 6x6 standard cats+OBP

Edited by fingy

2 hours ago, fingy said:

Anyone of you competent owners in PO wanna help me? Semifinal starting next week after bye week.

Not sure if I should drop Scooter or Moose (they seem to have cooled down and their recent injuries) for Yolmer, Asdrubal Cabrera, Headley or Beltre.

I've got Jorge Polanco as my 3B for now in 6x6 standard cats+OBP

I wouldnt cut the moose loose quite yet. He's got the jays and white sox staffs next week. Unless the knee is bothering more than letting on. I wouldn't pickup Yolmer.

On the H-2H front, I squeaked into the last playoff spot and have a 10-4 margin, yesterday was crucial as I killed him batting .478 to his .152 plus way more counting stats but I have to win outright being lower seed. There are two cats he can turn today and maybe one to saw-off. I've got 4 starters to his 2. All the lower seeds are winning their matchups, been crazy every matchup has been so close and been pretty intense following along to each ab that can swing cats one way or another.

Last weekend, picked up Eddie Rosario and Matt Olson to replace Scott Schebler and Mark Reynolds but forced to start Reynolds because of Pham's eye/eye drops situation last weekend. Was down but close all week; really thought sitting Pham was my ticket out the playoffs.

Going into Sunday, I was down 1-6-3.

By the time Sunday Night Football started, I was up 7-3-0. Special thanks to Rosario, Olsen, Zimmerman, Tim Beckham, Chris Stratton, Jon Gray, Brandon Woodruff and Cody Allen for having a great Sunday.

Good luck to all who are still in playoffs/in the Finals this week!!!

Edited by Gryfter

Won a very tight matchup 6-3-1 in the semis to make the finals. My opponent's offense went off early so I leaned on my pitching to get me through. Severino, Robbie Ray, Darvish, and Strasburg all balled for me and my closers didn't blow any saves. Pham and Eddie Rosario carried my offense. I hope they keep it up for one more week.

Good luck, you guys. The finish line is in sight.

Made it to the finals in one of my two dynasty h2h leagues (the 16 teamer) after great drama and close play that only I care about, heh.  And I enter into semi-finals after earning a bye in the other dynasty league (the 14 teamer).  May or may not win this week because yadda yadda blah blah no one really cares but me.

But in other news will Jose's outer line of showers that may come ashore mess up our playoffs?  Tuesday/Wednesday and possibly into Thursday watch the weather for your teams playing on the east coast. 

The Mets are safely away from it all. 

The Nats play in Atlanta (don't know if showers will drift back ashore that far south or inland).

The Yankees are at home vs Minnesota.  (No, Gary Sanchez MUST NOT be rained out, damn it!  And I need Eddie Rosario on my roto teams all week too).

The Red Sox play in Baltimore in a 2-for-1 east coast teams possible wash-out.  (Trey Mancini, Chris Sale's start there, Machado, oh no.  Well maybe Machado washed out is a blessing for me given his last 2 weeks.  And I doubt many people will weep over an O's pitcher missing a start).

The Dodgers into Philadelphia.  (Kershaw probably safe pitching tonight.  But Rhys?  Danger danger).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

This is for Tuesday, September 19th and re-posted from the daily thread where I just out it.

According to dailybaseballdata.com  this is the rain probability during game times at non-dome ballparks where rain may happen:

Midwest:

• STL at CIN - 25 to 35%
  • OAK at DET - 15 to 20%

East Coast Jose outlier shower bands factor:

• MIN at Yankees - 18 to 24%
  • Dodgers at Phils - 8 - 15%
  • Boston at Baltimore - 2 - 15%

This was as of 11 am eastern.  Keep an eye on things during playoff week as the day goes on.  And even if a game isn't rained out, a delay mid-game can effect your playoff pitchers.  I'm putting this in the playoffs thread as well. 

Any updates, especially from locals with access to their own weather stations that are usually more accurate, would be appreciated.

Again this is for the non-dome ballparks.  Rain in Houston and Seattle and Miami doesn't matter because of their roofed ballparks.

Looks like the two midwest games and the Yankees/Twins are the ones most effected as of the forecast at 11 am.  Updates from locals especially closer to game time, again, appreciated.  And percentages from this web site don't give a clear picture of strength of rain.  Play through drizzle or game stopping downpours or what?

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

I would go to the hourly forecasts.  Looks like CIN should be clear by gametime but the Bronx will see intermittent showers leading up to and during the game.  When I see 60% and higher in an hour period, it's normally a bit steady.