NBC Sports Edge Forums

Head 2 head playoff updates.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Man I am so confused.  The pop-up weather on Yahoo calls the midwest rain "thunderstorms" and the Philly one as 65% rain.  65% for how long and hos is it 65% compared to the other site's 15% max?  I need help from the locals.

baseball press is saying 1% probability of precipitation at game time in PHI.

I've used rotowire lineups all year and they highlight in red any game in danger of raining out. They've been pretty reliable throughout the season although even red games usually end up being played, I'd say about 80% of the time. (edit: more like 90-95%, after some delay).

also keep in mind that at this point in the season, you have a decent chance of getting rainout ABs back through double headers. And they're also more likely to wait it out to see if they can get in 5 innings because of the time of year too.

Edited by Fiveohnine
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Armalite said:

My pitching has been balls recently. I'm pretty much punting wins and ERA/WHIP right now. Lucky to have had a bye week and need a good couple streamers this week. 

yeah my ESPN pitching is fairly atrocious.  9 keepers and will keep 2 SP at most.

2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

baseball press is saying 1% probability of precipitation at game time in PHI.

I've used rotowire lineups all year and they highlight in red any game in danger of raining out. They've been pretty reliable throughout the season although even red games usually end up being played, I'd say about 80% of the time. (edit: more like 90-95%, after some delay).

also keep in mind that at this point in the season, you have a decent chance of getting rainout ABs back through double headers. And they're also more likely to wait it out to see if they can get in 5 innings because of the time of year too.

Thanks.  I didn't know about them.  I see that only the STL @ CIN one they consider a possibility of a rain-out.  Though delays may happen with MIN @ NYY and OAK @ DET but they aren't predicting rain-outs.

I like the layout they use.  Thanks for cluing me in.

Hmmmm ... SS comes down to Paul DeJong vs the rain, Manny Machado vs himself and his horrible slump (plus Drew Pomeranz) or Amed Rosario vs a stomach bug and the NY Mets medical staff's tender mercies.  Guess I go DeJong.  (Get well soon, Amed.  And avoid anything the Mets medical staff may try and give you).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
45 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Thanks.  I didn't know about them.  I see that only the STL @ CIN one they consider a possibility of a rain-out.  Though delays may happen with MIN @ NYY and OAK @ DET but they aren't predicting rain-outs.

Hmmmm ... SS comes down to Paul DeJong vs the rain, Manny Machado vs himself and his horrible slump (plus Drew Pomeranz) or Amed Rosario vs a stomach bug and the NY Mets medical staff's tender mercies.  Guess I go DeJong.  (Get well soon, Amed.  And avoid anything the Mets medical staff may try and give you).

Manny is fine. Trust him. Can't sit studs this time of the year. 

Thanks for the advice but nay.  Manny is batting like .180 the last couple of weeks and looks totally lost at the plate last night when I was watching.  It was like he was swinging in slo-mo I thought.  Then the booth announcers concurred because they immediately said "What is wrong with Machado?  It looks like he is swinging in slow motion."  He literally could not catch up to a 75 mph super slow change last night.  Something is really really off with him right now.

Now watch him go off but hey I'd rather he go off on my bench then make me fall further behind in the playoffs with his turtle-like lack of bat speed right now.  If he goes off he can play in the next game.  Hey he stayed on my bench for a month or more while DeJong played over him in season.  Nothing new with benching Manny this year.

Of course DeJong has slowed down but not as much as Manny.  If he didn't have a stomach bug I'd play Amed Rosario over both of them tonight.

If he's available and you're looking for a hot bat I'd take a long look at Bour. Heating up and his next series are @ Ari and @ Col.  

Good luck this week everyone. Sold the likes of Bellinger and Devers in my keeper to go for a championship this year. Here's hoping. 

8 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Patting myself on the back for this call.  Thank you very much, Mr DeJong!  (Hey usually when I call this stuff I end up looking like a fool so give me this one, okay).

And Manny, stay on the bench where you belong.

39 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Welp Maeda set yo start tomorrow.  If Ryu goes Saturday then Darvish will get pushed back to Monday. 

kershaw on normal rest would be sat vs bum which makes sense would they push yu back for no reason?

i dropped ryu last night for a couple streams and would be pissed if he goes sun

Edited by colepenhagen
9 hours ago, jlev1220 said:

In the finals and debating if I should roll the dice on mengden at Detroit or go with Garrett Richards at Houston.     Which one would you all go with? 

Richards at HOU scares me.

11 hours ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

Hat tip sir. 

Thank you.  And tonight it just wasn't me who benched Machado.  Even Showalter knew to sit Manny against Chris Sale.  Meanwhile DeJong went dong for the second straight game.

I streamed Mengden too.  Nice nice outing from him.  Just what I needed.  OTOH Jon Lester killed me on my other team.  Dude has totally collapsed in the second half.

Yeah getting annoyed.  I am winning and already people in CBS are detracting from my victory.  I had prior 2 seasons of illegal lineups during championship season that had penalties moving me from 1st to last so I am not about to hear this garbage.