NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Head 2 head playoff updates.

2 hours ago, STLSU said:

Yeah getting annoyed.  I am winning and already people in CBS are detracting from my victory.  I had prior 2 seasons of illegal lineups during championship season that had penalties moving me from 1st to last so I am not about to hear this garbage.

Sounds like sour grapes on their end. They are obviously green with envy.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flu strikes again.  Mets Medical Staff in a tizzy.  Mad scramble to read up on flu shots and find some Tylenol ensues.

Jacob deGrom's next start has been pushed back to Sunday due to flu-like symptoms.

The right-hander has dealt with nausea and an upset stomach for the last few days, so the Mets will adjust their schedule a bit to give deGrom ample time for recovery. Robert Gsellman will now start Friday's series opener against the Nationals and Matt Harvey will go Saturday.

Also Manny Machado was out last night due to illness and not a day of rest.  (Yeah, ChrisSaleitis I bet).  But that may mean he will be out for several days. Which he was gonna to be via my bench anyway.

And Tim Beckham was out because of dealing with a wisdom tooth now out but is also listed day-to-day.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

21 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

Are these your friends? If so, you should probably try to listen to what they're saying and vice versa. Remember fantasy should be fun. If it isn't, you might as well just watch the games, bet the moneyline or w/e.

Yeah all longtime friends.  I gave up the commissionership in year 7 during the dark years of my squad, for the betterment of the league.  Things are much more fun these days.  I just was venting on here.

I think we are finally able to move to daily in CBS, which is wayyyy overdue.  One of the issues we were having previously is to maintain the points format with a daily league rather than move to H2H 6x6.  It's a better solution than the MidWeek Injury Replacement system we had last year for which every team only had 2 or 3 for the entire season.  

On 9/20/2017 at 11:32 AM, Fiveohnine said:

I don't get that story. I mean, obviously they'd put Maeda and Ryu on the postseason roster over some of their bullpen gas cans like Avilan, Cingrani, or even Stripling. Right?

Oh man I totally agree.  It's all still pitching.  Those bullpen guys you named definitely have inferior stuff to Maeda/Ryu.  Should be a no brainer for management.

19 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Flu strikes again.  Mets Medical Staff in a tizzy.  Mad scramble to read up on flu shots and find some Tylenol ensues.

Also Manny Machado was out last night due to illness and not a day of rest.  (Yeah, ChrisSaleitis I bet).  But that may mean he will be out for several days. Which he was gonna to be via my bench anyway.

And Tim Beckham was out because of dealing with a wisdom tooth now out but is also listed day-to-day.

Hope you played Manny last night ! 

48 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Winning 9-1 against my friend and arch rival going into the weekend...best of luck to anyone in the championship round. 

Yeah that's mentally rough.  Facing my best friend in Finals (CBS) also who has 3 titles but finished 2nd in 5 of last 9 seasons and no titles during since '07.  

Edited by STLSU

5 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Going into today I have 3 categories tied and 3 close to it. Gonna be some hefty pours this weekend. 

I face the same opponent in ESPN as in CBS, but for 3rd place.  Just trying for pitching ratios and saves.  Down 7-4-1

tip of the cap to my opponent who is a streaming genius.. clayton richards vs col, urena, and leake both good matchups

i was able to grab chase anderson off waivers, and stream hamels, and davies

super close across the board- up 2 in hrs, rbis, run, down 1 in sb, avg is close, down 2 wins, tied in saves, ratios 2.08 and 0.90 vs his 2.29 and 0.98

please kershaw, bum, sonny, morton dont fail me now

2 hours ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

Hope you played Manny last night ! 

Nope.  Yahoo said he was out with illness and even had the red ball next to his name indicating he wasn't in the line-up.  Yeah it would have been nice to have had him in the one time he has performed decently the last several weeks but I'll take DeJong's 2 homers over the previous days this week over Manny's one last night.  (I would also take all three but sometimes I can't have nice things, heh).

Made several bad sit/start decisions for finals week, but with 3 days to go virtually tied in 2 and have a decent lead in the other. This forum has been a huge help to me and appreciate everyone who contributes. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

1 hour ago, the real donny baseball said:

Almost made a stress drop but hung in.Him and Springer have been killing me.

Know what you mean.  I got Springer on my bench on my other playoff team.  But at least I have about 6 other outfield or outfield eligible players to choose from there.

Speaking of benches, thanks (NOT) Washington for sitting half your regulars tonight.  Now I'm losing Trea Turner in that Springer league tonight thanks to you.  Come on DeJong, your are my back-up there too!

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

6-1, tied in runs, steals, and wins.

He punts catcher while I have Realmuto @ ARI and he has 5 pitchers lined up the rest of the week to my 3.

He leads in Ks and will almost certainly win that category.

I'm slightly ahead in ERA, Saves, and HR

I have a decently sizable lead in RBI, BA, and WHIP.

Hoping Billy Hamilton can get me a steal and/or a couple runs tonight to aid in those areas. 

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Know what you mean.  I got Springer on my bench on my other playoff team.  But at least I have about 6 other outfield or outfield eligible players to choose from there.

Speaking of benches, thanks (NOT) Washington for sitting half your regulars tonight.  Now I'm losing Trea Turner in that Springer league tonight thanks to you.  Come on DeJong, your are my back-up there too!

Yeah,the Nats are standing down.I don't like it much as a fan.

7 hours ago, the real donny baseball said:

Yeah,the Nats are standing down.I don't like it much as a fan.

It's also not a good way to prepare for the playoffs.  A day off here and there is fine but too much rest right before the playoffs messes with a hitter's timing.  And once you take the pedal off the gas for both a player and a team it is sometimes hard to find it again when you need to step on it for real.

17 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It's also not a good way to prepare for the playoffs.  A day off here and there is fine but too much rest right before the playoffs messes with a hitter's timing.  And once you take the pedal off the gas for both a player and a team it is sometimes hard to find it again when you need to step on it for real.

They also have a good type problem in that they are just so loaded,some guys have to sit.They've got Drew and Harper coming back soon and with Robles up,the logjam is something I hope Dusty and Rizzo can handle.A good problem.Now if Stras just comes through and Weiters can keep Gio on the earth, it looks pretty good.We all know what Mad Max will do without fail.

Edited by the real donny baseball