NBC Sports Edge Forums

Head 2 head playoff updates.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway's I squeaked into the playoffs this year as the 6th seed. I struggled with a million injuries all year but I finished off strong as I finally got healthy. My league was very top heavy, as in 3 teams were 80 plus games over 500. (that is not a typo) I ended up facing the third seed in the first round and beat him 13-4. (he was 90 plus games over) Now I am facing the 1st seed in the semi's and his record is staggering, 242-149-29. As of now, I am beating him as well 12-7. Crossing my fingers here as I am just going through the gauntlet this year.

We never play the last week of the season. 

Some teams, well most teams, are resting their studs and getting ready for the playoffs. Rotations are all shot. 

Just didnt want a championship being decided on Aaron Harang pitching a 2 start week the last week of the season. Didn't seem right. 

Just knocked off the back-to-back champ in the semis. First time he has ever not made the finals (in 5 years)

currently in the H2H championship against a powerhouse that has: Bryant/Giancarlo/Donaldson/Seager/Upton/Abreu/Carpenter/K.Davis/Bogaerts/DeeGordon

I am clinging for dear life in all offensive categories...

Right now, I'm debating if its worth using one of my 2 remaining moves, to swap Albies out for Jose Reyes...  I'd do it right now, if Reyes didn't have Strasburg/Scherzer in his next two games...  Gregorious is also sitting there available, inexplicably 

3 hours ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

Some teams, well most teams, are resting their studs and getting ready for the playoffs. Rotations are all shot. 

Just didnt want a championship being decided on Aaron Harang pitching a 2 start week the last week of the season. Didn't seem right. 

Love this idea. Will be recommending this change in the offseason

4 hours ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

We do this is one of my dynasty h2h leagues.  Yeah there are more regular bats in the line-up and your regular starters aren't sitting out resting up for their playoffs. 

But it still usually comes down to streaming pitchers though.  My Bruce Suter against his Robert Stephenson and stuff like that. One year I won the league by throwing in a Mets middle reliever getting his one spot start of the season.  This guy was the only pitcher not totally a turd that Sunday ERA/WHIP-wise.  Damn if he didn't out pitch my opponent's Stephen Strasburg to tie up the K category and I won like 5-4-1 with the K's tying pushing me over since he held the in season tie breaker otherwise.  So yeah even ending a week early can come down to dumb luck and a journeyman middle reliever getting his first major league start, heh.

The other league uses the Yahoo default playing through the end of the season.  I kind of like that the two leagues are staggered like that though since it lets me concentrate on one league for a couple of weeks (had a bye in the second league) before adding the next league to the mix. 

I also build up benches with a lot of flex so I can withstand players sitting more than some of my leaguemates too.  Of course it does mean you have to stream basically.  But so be it.  I had to anyway once Jon Lester ruined my ERA/WHIP the very first day of this week causing me to go chase K's and Wins instead to compensate.

In the meantime my two roto leagues are basically on auto-pilot except for quick look-sees and a few minor tinkerings.

PS: Damn it, Milwaukee, why couldn't you get Suter some runs.  He pitched a nice 5.1 innings of 1 run ball. (At least he didn't blow up by ERA (1.69) or WHIP (1.13) like Lester did so thank you, Mr Suter.  You did your best for me but your teammates' bats sucked).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Freddie Freeman late scratch.  Why????  Listed day-to-day now.  Please I just NEED Freddie for 2 more games then he can be day-to-day at his leisure.

Mookie Betts out with bruise on foot from last night.  Iffy for tomorrow.  Check that lineup tomorrow.

Freeman has an upset tummy I believe. 

how much damage will it take to kill my ratios??

65 inn

2.07 era

0.92 whip

i need to make up 5 k's and Wins (down 1 if bum gets the W) 

can i feel confortable and start.... kershaw vs sf,  anderson vs cubs,  bundy vs tb, tailion vs stl, marquez vs sd, martin perez vs oak?

he has 3 sp going leake, stroman, corbin

his numbers are

70 inn

3.31 era

1.20 whip

Imagine being a Springer, Trout, and Blackmon owner.    I ran away regular season, winning by 15 games.   27.5 games better than this week's opponent.   I'm done, largely because of those 3.   6 for 53 , 2 runs, 4 RBI  combined.  0 SB  0 HR 

Having Greinke and Walker didn't help either.   I had one losing week all season  ONE.   138-71-11.   that was my record.   Drawing dead now

Edited by rich22
1 hour ago, disasterisk said:

Streamed Ryu and Montgomery this weekend. Ryu gets hit by a comebacker and Monty's start gets cancelled. Lovely.

Monty's start was cancelled mid week.   I assume you mean Jordan?   Garcia was announced replacing him like Wednesday

First year doing fantasy baseball. I did not draft a good team. My best pitchers and hitters came off waivers. My team has struggled mightily since July. Finished season in 2nd and got a much needed 1st rd bye.

Eliminated a super team in the semifinals last week. He had Giancarlo Stanton. His team was hitting about 20HRs a week for a while. His entire team went cold on him all at once.

Championship week I am up 14-1-1 going into Sunday against the 1st place team. He was a heavy favorite to win it all going into the playoffs. His team is hitting only .210 with 5HRs. My pitching in the playoffs has been great with a 2.6 ERA. Unless something crazy happens I will win the championship on Sunday.

Good luck to everyone that's in their last day of the playoffs!

Best Championship matchup I've probably ever had! Started off 1/19 with only 1 run for counting stats but have slowly kinda dug out of that hole and have been battling back and forth, score and leads changing constantly! An epic battle down to the last day! Got SOL'ed with Manaea and McHugh streams and will be behind in starts. He's got 4 starts tomorow so I decided to use my last 2 adds on Skaggs and a reliever (holds is a category). 

My strategy for Skaggs is to wait and see if I need him or Devenski in my lineup aince they are the night game and he has no night game players! Wish me luck! Best of luck To everyone else! :wacko::lol:

Anybody know if relievers on playoff teams get rested during the final week of the season? 

Not many SP options on my wire so I'm considering using someone like Swarzak or Robertson for ratio boosts and some Ks. Since the Brewers are in the WC race, maybe Swarzak's the better option?

But I did pick up CC after seeing that the Royals and the Blue Jays haven't been doin well against Lefties this year.

Edited by fingy