NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Head 2 head playoff updates.

Finals- I'm the one seed, he's the two seed. I dominated in the semi's, he won 5-5 from a tiebreaker.

He punts starting pitching, my starting pitching is my strength- however I'm going to be extra extra super careful with which starters I start this week because 80% of the time his ERA and whip are minuscule. He has six solid closers plus Andrew Miller  vs my five closers. His hitting is beastly but my guys are heating up at hopefully the perfect time. On my Roto team where I'm in an extremely tight race I have Matt Olson, Vizcaino, Iglesias, and Neris - all players I'm facing in the finals so I almost wanna bench all my closers this week and hope they get pooped on lol

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won third title in CBS out of 19 years!  My opponent has 3 titles as well but has now lost 4 straight title bouts and 6 of the past 10 years.  I had my own Buffalo Bills type streak in the first several seasons of the league, so I understand his pain.

3rd in ESPN against same opponent after winning tie-breaker due to 6-6 standoff.  I won 5/6 batting cat's and Saves.  

Finals matchup.  1 seed (me) vs 2 seed.  We both cruised through our semifinal matchups.  His pitching has been much better than mine of late and he has quite a few two starters this week.  Hopefully I can stream a few hot starts and have his bats quiet down enough.  I won't win steals so I'm gonna need my bats to do some work.  I've made the finals both the first two years of this league, and I was spanked last year as the 4 seed going against the 2 seed.  Hopefully this year is at least a more competitive final.

5 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Yeah, I understand... but I'm not playing real baseball. This is my 4th or 5th year and I've finished 1st three times in a row with no championship. Lammmmme.

Jays you know your stuff, one of the few guys on here i really respect. Dont worry... Side note, next year we should have a commenters league. 12-14 of us who wanna play vs each other. 

35 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I finished 17-4 last season and lost in the first round of the playoffs. I finished 19-2 this season and won the league. I understand your frustrations, @BlueJaysIn2030. You expect to win the whole thing when you dominate all season long.

Sucks so bad, dude! Congrats on the win, though!

37 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

would like to see yahoo enable the option of having two week long h2h playoffs or at least 2 week long championship (just start playoffs sooner) 

Similarly a new proposal has arisen in my points league for a 3 week playoff run where winner among the 4 semifinalists would take all.  Still, there's not enough traction to move to daily so next year I am sure we will hear more complaints about evil managers and six man rotations.

How are you guys approaching SP matchups with teams resting their starters?  For example I got Gerrit Cole going against WSH.  Normally that's a recipe for disaster but that line up without today without Harper Murphy and Rendon really isn't anything special.  Should we consider targeting teams like the Nats who are rolling out the JV squad in this final week?  

Edited by Baur10

Started Weaver, it will take a miracle for me to not lose both ERA and WHIP this week but I'm guaranteed to win Wins and Ks since my finals opponent punts SP.

He's up one in HR, -1

I'm up one in SB, +1

he's up one in Saves, -1

I'm up in K's +1 

and I'm up 3 hits in one less AB for a better average by .100 pts. +1 

He's winning ERA and WHIP. -2

Down 3-4 starting Snell and benching Kiermaier and Hoskins out of my hitters

1 hour ago, 6Kill said:

Started Weaver, it will take a miracle for me to not lose both ERA and WHIP this week but I'm guaranteed to win Wins and Ks since my finals opponent punts SP.

He's up one in HR, -1

I'm up one in SB, +1

he's up one in Saves, -1

I'm up in K's +1 

and I'm up 3 hits in one less AB for a better average by .100 pts. +1 

He's winning ERA and WHIP. -2

Down 3-4 starting Snell and benching Kiermaier and Hoskins out of my hitters

Benching Rhys Lightning? You are a bold man !

On 2017. 9. 28. at 10:40 AM, b0nfire said:

b2mWXA5.png

i think this about sums up my championship week lol

Damn that's rough dude.. Bellinger hasn't been the same after injury. I own Bour too bu he's also cold this week, like his numbers from Coors are depressing.

Also this is just my 2 cents but maybe suggest your league change K/9 to BB/9 or K/BB? Having both K and K/9 seems almost redundant. My league does K/BB and it makes things a whole lot interesting and challenging.

Edited by fingy

In H2H 6x5 OPS title game. 

I have the best team 12-team league bats ever. Seriously, my offense is unreal. Somehow, I'm losing hitting cats 3-2-1.

Sanchez

Encarnarcion

Rizzo

Bryant

Didi

Trout

Marte

Stanton

JoRamirez

Hoskins

Hamilton

DoSantana

And now Bryzzo taking back to back days off. Killing me.

Edited by MugsyBogues

8 minutes ago, MugsyBogues said:

In H2H 6x5 OPS title game. 

I have the best team ever. Seriously, my offense is unreal. Somehow, I'm losing hitting cats 3-2-1.

Sanchez

Encarnarcion

Rizzo

Bryant

Didi

Trout

Marte

Stanton

JoRamirez

Hoskins

Hamilton

DoSantana

And now Bryzzo taking back to back days off. Killing me.

Similar

Lucroy

Bellinger

Lemahieu

Castellanos/Longoria

Correa

Blackmon

Springer

Pollock

Hoskins

Trout

Reyes

Lost last week.   Trout/Blackmon/Springer    something like 6 for 75 combined  0 HR  0 SB.

At least, it looks like, I will get 3rd place money

Edited by rich22

14 minutes ago, rich22 said:

Similar

Lucroy

Bellinger

Lemahieu

Castellanos/Longoria

Correa

Blackmon

Springer

Pollock

Hoskins

Trout

Reyes

Lost last week.   Trout/Blackmon/Springer    something like 6 for 75 combined  0 HR  0 SB.

At least, it looks like, I will get 3rd place money

I traded Bellinger, Trea, and a pick for Trout at our trade deadline to a seller. I've expected more!