NBC Sports Edge Forums

Axe the Elf, Week 2 Edition

4 hours ago, BravesBaseball2 said:

Which 3 would you start this week? PPR league.

Jay Ajayi,

Kareem Hunt,

Marshawn Lynch,

Dalvin Cook,

Davante Adams

Thanks!!

Well, Adams is out, but benching one of the four RBs is what we call a "First World Problem."  I think Lynch offers the least in terms of pass-catching potential, so for a PPR league, he draws the short straw.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axe I thinks it's pretty awesome that's you're taking all this time to help everyone out. Could use a little insigh

Everyone is coming out of the woodwork after my Dalvin Cook.

Three trade offers so far today. Best one is D. Thomas & T. Cohen. Not sure that trade would really benefit me much. What should I be expecting to get for Cook? What kind of trade do you believe would benefit my team the best....if at all? Team below.

Roster:

QB-

M. Marita

RB-

D. Murray

D. Cook

WR-

A. Brown

B. Cooks

M. Crabtree 

Flex-

A. Thielen

TE-

J. Reed

DST-

B. Ravens

K-

B. Walsh

Bench:

QB-

Ty. Taylor

RB-

B. Powell

J. "Buck" Allen

WR-

E. Decker

TE-

T. Eifert

DST-

J. Jaguars

3 hours ago, sabercats5441 said:

Hi Axe,

My Team1 8 teams PPR
QB: Drew Brees
WR: Doug Balwin, Keenan Allen
RB: DeMarco Murray, Mike Gillislee
TE: Zach Ertz
Flex:  Goden Tate
BN: Chirstian McCaffrey, Terrelle Pryor, Davante Adam
My David Johnson is out so I pick Mike Gillislee to replace; I am not sure to use him or Chirstian McCaffrey with Buf Def.
1. Is my set up line this week ok ?
2. what 3 RBs should I keep in these RBs for ROS?
DeMarco Murray, Mike Gillislee, Chirstian McCaffrey, Doug Martin, Thomas Rawl

My Team2: PPR
Need 2 off 4 (but must have one RB) to start
Isaiah Crowell, Tarik Cohen, Tyrell Williams, Correy Colman
Thanks

I would use McCaffrey over Gillislee in a PPR league.

Your three best RBs for your scoring system right now are Murray, McCaffrey and Martin, but I wouldn't drop either of the other two right now either--if you can possibly avoid it.

Crowell and Coleman for the 2nd team.

13 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Standard Scoring who do I flex?:

Alshon Jeffrey vs. KC or Mike Gillislee vs. the Ain'ts?

Thanks!

Gillislee always has a shot at goalline vultures, so he's probly the better start in a standard scoring league.

6 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Recently traded Keenan & Peterson for Snead and Crowell. How do you think I did? My WRs are still cooks and Hopkins. I'm a DJ casualty. 

This is a help thread.  The "Make Me Feel Better About My Team Management" thread is down the hall.

7 minutes ago, scoobtothenoog said:

Axe I thinks it's pretty awesome that's you're taking all this time to help everyone out. Could use a little insigh

Everyone is coming out of the woodwork after my Dalvin Cook.

Three trade offers so far today. Best one is D. Thomas & T. Cohen. Not sure that trade would really benefit me much. What should I be expecting to get for Cook? What kind of trade do you believe would benefit my team the best....if at all? Team below.

Roster:

QB-

M. Marita

RB-

D. Murray

D. Cook

WR-

A. Brown

B. Cooks

M. Crabtree 

Flex-

A. Thielen

TE-

J. Reed

DST-

B. Ravens

K-

B. Walsh

Bench:

QB-

Ty. Taylor

RB-

B. Powell

J. "Buck" Allen

WR-

E. Decker

TE-

T. Eifert

DST-

J. Jaguars

Right now Cook is the #10 RB in PPR scoring and the #11 RB in standard scoring.  I would expect someone to trade similar value for him if they want him--but I can't answer general "What trade should I make?" questions.  They're too open-ended and subjective.  The only answer is that you should always make trades that are beneficial to your team--that's the kind of trade you should make.

2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Reed+Carson for Gronk+DJ?

You're getting Gronk and DJ?  I suppose it's kind of a gamble that you get to the playoffs, and if  DJ returns more like Thanksgiving and less like Christmas, it could work out for you.  Keeping DJ on a roster (without an IR slot) until Christmas is going to be kind of useless though, if it's that long.  Maybe he gets back for your Championship game, but most fantasy playoffs are winding down by Christmas.

It's probly not a move I'd want to make, but you're not giving up much for him (considering the TE trade to be a somewhat lateral move), so if you want to take the gamble, go for it.

Just now, remark900 said:

Would you trade Rawls and Snead for Cohen and Agholor in 0.5 PPR?

I probly would, but then I'm not as enthused about Snead as some, and probly more enthused about Agholor than others.  The Rawls for Cohen part is probly a downgrade, though--but I would assume we're talking RB4/5 guys here and not starters for your team anyway.

2 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

You're getting Gronk and DJ?  I suppose it's kind of a gamble that you get to the playoffs, and if  DJ returns more like Thanksgiving and less like Christmas, it could work out for you.  Keeping DJ on a roster (without an IR slot) until Christmas is going to be kind of useless though, if it's that long.  Maybe he gets back for your Championship game, but most fantasy playoffs are winding down by Christmas.

It's probly not a move I'd want to make, but you're not giving up much for him (considering the TE trade to be a somewhat lateral move), so if you want to take the gamble, go for it.

Appreciated, AE.

I think I've got good shot to make playoffs, but you're right that it will be annoying to keep DJ around all year. Here's details, and I'm offering

12 team, standard, 4 playoff spots, QB+2RB+2WR+TE+WR/RB/TE+K+D

My team:

QB: Ben, Dak

RB: Gurley, Howard, Cohen, Charles, Carson

WR: Alshon, Martavis, Tate, Parker

TE: Reed

His team:

QB: Wilson, Luck

RB: Rawls, Blount, Allen, DJ

WR: Hopkins, Marshall, Wallace, Hurns

TE: Gronk, Graham

36 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

You people and your trade questions.  Again, I have no idea how the Davis owner feels about him.  If he's like me, you'd about have to offer me Doug Martin to get him.  Some people don't care and would take Willie Snead for him.  The only possible trade advice is to start with a lowball offer, and negotiate from there.

Thanks i was able to get him for Theilen after a little convincing 

1 minute ago, cdd10 said:

2 QB league, 6 point TD's

Start Tyrod and Flacco, or Cutler and Flacco

I'd lean toward Cutler, even though we haven't seen him yet.  Carolina pretty much shut down Hoyer in Week 1, and could well shut down whatever remnant of a passing game exists in Buffalo.

Hey Axe,

Just got offered a trade. My Mike Evans for his Dez Bryant and Joe Mixon. I lost A Rob as my flex. Who knows what AP is going to do in that saints offense so im looking kind of thin.

12 team standard.

Mariota

Kelvin Benjamin

Mike Evans

Marshawn Lynch

Carlos Hyde

Charles Clay

Golladay

Ebron

Chris Carson

AP

Moncrief

Engram

Jamaal Charles

Help.

1 hour ago, hovihundreds said:

Hey Axe,

Just got offered a trade. My Mike Evans for his Dez Bryant and Joe Mixon. I lost A Rob as my flex. Who knows what AP is going to do in that saints offense so im looking kind of thin.

12 team standard.

Mariota

Kelvin Benjamin

Mike Evans

Marshawn Lynch

Carlos Hyde

Charles Clay

Golladay

Ebron

Chris Carson

AP

Moncrief

Engram

Jamaal Charles

Help.

You're better off with Evans.

1 hour ago, Cowboys47 said:

hi Axe

thank you for all your insights

pls advise which 2qb of this list you would choose for week2 pls

p rivers, a smith, c wentz, c palmer, e manning, j goff

Palmer for the matchup against Indy and Smith because the Chiefs' offense looks awesome.