Greg Zuerlein 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, kco734 said:

Wonder what the record is for Fantasy points for a kicker in a season. He’s gotta be on pace to shatter it 

I don't know what the record is, but from the prior 5 seasons, the most in my main league was Gostkowski with 181 FP's in 2013. That works out to 11.31 PPG per game. Our league awards 4 points for a FG between 40--49 yards, and 5 points for a FG of 50 or longer. Also keep in mind that 2013 was before they changed the extra point distance (and XP's were almost never missed then). 

Right now, Zuerlein is averaging 14.13 PPG, topping Gostkowski's 2013 mark by almost 3 full points. 

Edited by Corleone
43 minutes ago, kco734 said:

Wonder what the record is for Fantasy points for a kicker in a season. He’s gotta be on pace to shatter it 

166 points by David Akers in 2011 is the most in the last 16 years (as far back as I can find data for). 

TU9E04t.png

Edit: that is just standard scoring. Doesn't take into account for bonus points for longer distances.

Edited by burninglegs
1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

166 points by David Akers in 2011 is the most in the last 16 years (as far back as I can find data for). 

dJSHDCO.png

34 minutes ago, Corleone said:

I don't know what the record is, but from the prior 5 seasons, the most in my main league was Gostkowski with 181 FP's in 2013. That works out to 11.31 PPG per game. Our league awards 4 points for a FG between 40--49 yards, and 5 points for a FG of 50 or longer. Also keep in mind that 2013 was before they changed the extra point distance (and XP's were almost never missed then). 

Right now, Zuerlein is averaging 14.13 PPG, topping Gostkowski's 2013 mark by almost 3 full points. 

Different scoring settings for field goals in fantasy leagues will skew these things.

My league's scoring:

XP = 1 point

Field goals 39 yards and shorter = 3 points

Field goals 40-49 yards = 4 points

Field goals 50+ yards = 5 points

If your league's scoring is set up differently for those things, then overall fantasy points will be different.

2 hours ago, Vegemite2 said:

Greg is producing RB2 numbers. He will get drafted in round 6-7 next year so enjoy it while it lasts, hombres. I will not be owning him next year. 

All aboard the Greg train, operating on the Zuer-line to Championship-ville. 

He won't be drafted that early, and if he is, it's a mistake.

edit- My comment not about 2017 outlook. So I'll add that of course he's been ridiculous this year, so as trade deadline approaches see if you can get Greg as an add-in. E.g. you trade what you value as rb 15 for what you value as rb 18, but also trade kickers. 3 points a week better than 2nd best at position is a very big difference.

Edited by geosporin
7 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Edit: that is just standard scoring. Doesn't take into account for bonus points for longer distances.

4 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Different scoring settings for field goals in fantasy leagues will skew these things.

My league's scoring:

XP = 1 point

Field goals 39 yards and shorter = 3 points

Field goals 40-49 yards = 4 points

Field goals 50+ yards = 5 points

If your league's scoring is set up differently for those things, then overall fantasy points will be different.

Looking at that Akers season in 2011, it looks like he did top Gostkowski's 2013, per the FG format that awards 4 and 5 points based on distance (that's the same system I use). Akers got 186, to top Gostkowski's 181. 186 averages out to 11.63, with Zuerlein currently at the aforementioned 14.13 PPG mark. 

3 minutes ago, geosporin said:

He won't be drafted that early, and if he is, it's a mistake.

edit- My comment not about 2017 outlook. So I'll add that of course he's been ridiculous this year, so as trade deadline approaches see if you can get Greg as an add-in. E.g. you trade what you value as rb 15 for what you value as rb 18, but also trade kickers. 3 points a week better than 2nd best at position is a very big difference.

I agree with your trade idea, and think many people underestimate how valuable Zuerlein has been. 2 to 3 PPG more than the next best is a huge advantage. Will Z continue to outproduce everyone else by such a large margin? Who knows for sure? But you could say the same at almost any position too.