NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taurean Prince 2017-2018 Season Outlook

So far in the sleepers thread were getting claims of 1/1/1 and "Kahwi lite" 

BBM has him in the same SF "tier" as Ingles, Barnes, Warren, Ingram, Fourier and Hollis Jefferson. Also calling him a top 100 lock. 

What should we expect this year?

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taurean Prince hit 7-of-12 shots, 4-of-7 3-pointers and 6-of-6 free throws for 24 points, seven rebounds, three assists and three blocks in 37 minutes of Monday's 109-104 win over the Heat. Prince

He's finally starting to develop some consistency

From 10/27 to 1/1 Taurean Prince averaged 13.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.6 blocks, 1.9 threes, shooting .450 and .766, with 2.2 turnovers Highly serviceable numbers, t

Posted Images

11-5-1 and pushing the 1-1-1. I think he will put up a little more than a stl and trey per game and should be around half a block per game.

Minutes could be a little erratic and will likely have some better stretches overall. Things could change if he is needed to take a bigger role in the offence, but he really isn't that kind of player. I think their bunch of 'ok' players cut into minutes and atlanta will be going with whoever is playing the best game to game.

I like him as a player and think his game has room to grow. 

8 hours ago, corey_rideout said:

11-5-1 and pushing the 1-1-1. I think he will put up a little more than a stl and trey per game and should be around half a block per game.

Minutes could be a little erratic and will likely have some better stretches overall. Things could change if he is needed to take a bigger role in the offence, but he really isn't that kind of player. I think their bunch of 'ok' players cut into minutes and atlanta will be going with whoever is playing the best game to game.

I like him as a player and think his game has room to grow. 

Way too conservative on his scoring output I think 14 ppg is his absolute floor and moreover his minutes will NOT be erratic as Atlanta will be starving for any semblance of offensive production following the exodus of Howard, Millsap, and THJ.  His offensive game is much more diverse than people realize, he is not a classic 3 and D wing. 

7 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Way too conservative on his scoring output I think 14 ppg is his absolute floor and moreover his minutes will NOT be erratic as Atlanta will be starving for any semblance of offensive production following the exodus of Howard, Millsap, and THJ.  His offensive game is much more diverse than people realize, he is not a classic 3 and D wing. 

I hope you are right. I have stocks in him in my 2 big 20 team leagues.

Ilyasova, Belinelli, Bembry, Bazemore, Babbitt, Delaney - I'm not suggesting any of these guys are great options, but they will all be factors.

I hope they are ready to start Prince and run with him for big minutes. I just don't think it's going to be as simple as locking him in for consistent minutes and consistent production. 

But as I said, I hope you're right and I'm not. 

1 hour ago, TheOneAboveAll said:

1/1/1/ projection would put him close to peak Batum, Millsap tier. He'd be without question in the running for breakout player of the season if he does.

I can see him easily getting the 1-1-1 if he gets the minutes. Hard to see why not with Atlanta being a development team now and he will probably be a defensive mainstay of their rotations.

I think he will just avg 14 pts this year but get a bump in rebs if he plays mins at the 4 too. At least 4 rebs a game as a floor

2 hours ago, hoopking said:

hmm i don't know. i've got a big feeling this thread would be the v2.0 of "2016-2017's RHJ thread"

Why? Totally different players. Prince can shoot and has a defined position. Those were the reasons RHJ didnt develop as some expected.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

So confused by the rhj references. 

At one point last off-season RHJ was projected as a 4th round player but finished as the #161 player on the year. There was a lot of early hype in his thread, not so much later on. 

Taurean Prince shot 40% FG last season and 34.7% FG in Summer League this year (#199 player), and now he's surrounded by worse talent than last year. Anyone referencing RHJ here is doing so because they don't want to get burned like that again. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

Prince starts on a rebuilding team with a bunch of nobodies. 

Brown plays on on a team deadset on winning the championship and would easily be the worst player in the starting lineup. 

The choice between the two is quite easy. 

I'm not so sure Brown is the "worst" player in the Boston lineup.  He is young but should not be dismissed as a "worst" player.  He was a top 3 pick last year, is a top-level talent and by all accounts had a highly successful rookie season albeit in a limited role.  That said, I agree that Prince will have more opportunity for production this year. 

7 hours ago, Kaboom said:

At one point last off-season RHJ was projected as a 4th round player but finished as the #161 player on the year. There was a lot of early hype in his thread, not so much later on. 

Taurean Prince shot 40% FG last season and 34.7% FG in Summer League this year (#199 player), and now he's surrounded by worse talent than last year. Anyone referencing RHJ here is doing so because they don't want to get burned like that again. 

LOL @ anyone judging a player by SL stats and rankings.

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

I'm not so sure Brown is the "worst" player in the Boston lineup.  He is young but should not be dismissed as a "worst" player.  He was a top 3 pick last year, is a top-level talent and by all accounts had a highly successful rookie season albeit in a limited role.  That said, I agree that Prince will have more opportunity for production this year. 

I said worst in the starting line up. Don't think there is much disputing that. At least at his current level. 

20 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Demarre Caroll Lite.

Have you watched Prince play? He is a far better player than Carroll will ever be. 

The 3s, steals, and blocks may be similar, but Prince is way more talented in generating his own offense.