NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taurean Prince 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taurean Prince hit 7-of-12 shots, 4-of-7 3-pointers and 6-of-6 free throws for 24 points, seven rebounds, three assists and three blocks in 37 minutes of Monday's 109-104 win over the Heat. Prince

He's finally starting to develop some consistency

From 10/27 to 1/1 Taurean Prince averaged 13.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.6 blocks, 1.9 threes, shooting .450 and .766, with 2.2 turnovers Highly serviceable numbers, t

Posted Images

I have him in a 14-team league and while he didn't light it up tonight, had he just made 2 more FG his line would have been good. 6 rebounds, 1 three, 1 steal and 0 turnovers, I can dig it. Earlier in the year a lot of managers were complaining about his high turnovers.. 

If my late round pick missed his line by 6 points I'm not going to drop him.. Must be nice playing in shallower leagues where the FA pool still has value.

43 minutes ago, tongs said:

I have him in a 14-team league and while he didn't light it up tonight, had he just made 2 more FG his line would have been good. 6 rebounds, 1 three, 1 steal and 0 turnovers, I can dig it. Earlier in the year a lot of managers were complaining about his high turnovers.. 

If my late round pick missed his line by 6 points I'm not going to drop him.. Must be nice playing in shallower leagues where the FA pool still has value.

Yeah I’m in a 14 team also. If he was dropped he would be a top claim. Strong hold this deep 

Just now, Asapjoshy said:

10 teamer highly considering just streaming his spot.. I see why you’d hold in a 14 team + though as an end of bench player 

Hey,in 10 team league,he is easily to drop

he used to be my 3rd worse player that i'd consider dropping now he just moved to number 1 in front of austin rivers. i still believe in him however since he gets 1/1/1. and a lot of minutes. he just needs to find his shot again. not bad production for end of bench where you are happy for that production. 

He was floating around on my waiver wire for awhile now, so I picked him back up since my team needs a boost in threes and steals. Looks like his shot has been falling lately, will he make more of a jump in the second half of the season? I'm surprised his scoring has been so low all year with the dearth of offensive options on Atlanta..

Im not a big Budenholzer fan. Find he benches guys a lot for poor play and sits them for long stretches. Even the "studs" arent immune to this treatment. His rotations are funky at times too. Mike Malone and Bud remind me of each other in this sense. 

Im a big believer in confidence levels attributing to players success and I know if I had to deal with constant benchings for errors or a poor stretch in play it would really affect me mentally about my game. Just let them work through the mistakes and learn, not rub my nose in it. Especially in full tank mode like the hawks are in.

Maybe reading into it too much but for a young guy like Prince wouldn't be surprised if this was a little bit of a factor. Hes ranked 96 in Yahoo average stats for my league but was hoping for more of a jump from last year.

Hopefully in the second half of the season he really feasts

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

He was floating around on my waiver wire for awhile now, so I picked him back up since my team needs a boost in threes and steals. Looks like his shot has been falling lately, will he make more of a jump in the second half of the season? I'm surprised his scoring has been so low all year with the dearth of offensive options on Atlanta..

Career high in points, I have the magic touch! He also had a block on Lebron that was clear as day that was not credited..

2 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

Had a pretty obvious block on Kevin Love tonight and was not given credit. Do they usually correct these things or tough luck?

Completely missed blocks and assists (as opposed to incorrectly assigning them to another player) are usually never corrected I've noticed. I think it's because those are the two stats most within a scorer's subjective discretion. 

• Thanks 1

Sucks that he didn't get credit for those, but the good thing we can take away from it is that he's very active when he's on the floor.

He's a high energy player, which means he either could get into foul trouble of make some good plays.. 

Either way, in deeper formats he's gold. I'm in a 14-team, 12 on the roster and he's definitely a hold for me. At the very least he's a trade chip, but I'm disregarding FG and TO so provided he gives me some stocks and counting stats, he's mine until the bitter end

• Like 1