NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taurean Prince 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taurean Prince hit 7-of-12 shots, 4-of-7 3-pointers and 6-of-6 free throws for 24 points, seven rebounds, three assists and three blocks in 37 minutes of Monday's 109-104 win over the Heat. Prince

He's finally starting to develop some consistency

From 10/27 to 1/1 Taurean Prince averaged 13.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.6 blocks, 1.9 threes, shooting .450 and .766, with 2.2 turnovers Highly serviceable numbers, t

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Toronto416 said:

Is anyone in a deep league dropping? I have Chriss hanging out on the wire so I need to make a decision quickly.

Really considering dropping for Jarrett Allen. 14-team H2H

Lost Love and am looking for a C. 

17 minutes ago, Toronto416 said:

Is anyone in a deep league dropping? I have Chriss hanging out on the wire so I need to make a decision quickly.

How deep? I feel like you might have another dude worth dropping instead.

Chriss is definitely worth a pick up for SURE. So let's get that out of the way first.

But Prince, although i'm THIS CLOSE to dropping this dude, I feel like the opportunity he currently has, and will continue to have is, is too high to drop..

And the opportunity will just get even better as Hawks continue to tank and trade away some vets...

It really is hard to find a dude with his level of opportunity PLUS the upside that he shows in his good games, available on the wire.

My suggestion would be to pick up Chriss for someone else, hold Prince, and just make a print out with his face on it and punch it multiple times throughout Hawks games.

Edited by DavidbivaD
27 minutes ago, Toronto416 said:

16 minutes ago, tongs said:

Really considering dropping for Jarrett Allen. 14-team H2H

Lost Love and am looking for a C. 

DO IT!

i am in a 14 team league and i will hold till the end of the trade deadline but im cutting him if a hot pick up appears from a potential trade.

1 hour ago, mackdonald said:

Well I’m thinking of buying low on Prince. 

I don’t see why they don’t play this guy more. He’s supposedly part of their youth movement 

... he usually plays around 25 minutes a night. That should be enough to at least get solid stats, he hurts you more than anything.

2 hours ago, mackdonald said:

Well I’m thinking of buying low on Prince. 

I don’t see why they don’t play this guy more. He’s supposedly part of their youth movement 

How much more? Maybe if had played 48 mins he would have scored 1 point. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Jin said:

... he usually plays around 25 minutes a night. That should be enough to at least get solid stats, he hurts you more than anything.

He only hurts his fantasy owners. His real life owner thinks he’s doing an excellent job. No big contract, sucks just enough to offset his teammates when they play well so they can try to have a competitive loss. If Prince played  30+ minutes it would be too obvious they’re tanking.  Pursuit for the #1 pick is going according to plan. Hawks in last place.

It's such a bizarre thing to see someone who was a steady value for half the year all of a sudden fall of a cliff.  He's not that good of a player.  We all know that.  But from opening night through 1/10 (before his play disappeared) he was ranked #79 in 8-cat and and #97 in 9-cat.  Since then, in 10 games, he is ranked #260 in 8-cat and #306 in 9-cat.  I've been on record saying I will hold through thick and thin but he's really testing my patience.  I'll hold through the deadline and then re-assess but I could hardly blame anyone from dropping with a ton of hot FA's now sitting out there.

6 minutes ago, driss lol said:

does that stretch exist in your imagination because it can't be found in reality.

From 10/27 to 1/1

Taurean Prince averaged 13.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.0 steals, 0.6 blocks, 1.9 threes, shooting .450 and .766, with 2.2 turnovers

Highly serviceable numbers, that put him at rank 91 for that time period. Exactly what BoogieNights said, reliable mid-late round value.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1