NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Jokic 2017-18 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must be fun playing in an amateur league. 

I saw this thread was hot and it's just about someone's team. 

1. Ignore all the low ball offers. 2. Send low ball offer for Jokic.    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, alexstr said:

Just sprinted to pick up Plumlee.  Will be waiving him shortly lol

Lol that has to be embarrassing.

• Like 2

Nikola Jokic returned to game action in the second quarter on Wednesday.

He didn't roll his ankle too badly and maybe he just went to the ground because he was surprised he tweaked it on a push off. For now, it looks like Jokic is going to be OK.

this coaching staff for some reason tends to throws in the towel in the 3rd quarter when games go bad. Hope this doesn't happen again tonight.
Let them compete....

I don't think Malone will be with the Nuggets for long. 

He was injured Wed

3 hours ago, dboong said:

Anyone know why jokic is GTD

He was injured Wednesday night and left the game. He returned to finish the game, so he should be fine today. I think it's more of a leftover from the Wednesday night injury. 

• Like 1

This dude is seemingly so scared to get his shot off and dominate at times. If that's not bad enough now he's letting Faried and Juan Herny gobble up his rebounds. When Jokic is aggressive he plays well, and when Jokic plays well the Nuggets invariably win. The sooner this team figures that out the better for everyone (including fantasy owners). 

Edited by flat_eric
  • Like 2

Jazz is playing great defense tonight. Nugget shots ain't falling -- many open 3s didn't go in (would've been Joker's assists).. This is just not his night. 

That being said, this kid called Mudiay chose to drive into 3 Jazz players while Joker posting up must be some kind of a joke. 

Edited by ctrlsoul
1 hour ago, flat_eric said:

This dude is seemingly so scared to get his shot off and dominate at times. If that's not bad enough now he's letting Faried and Juan Herny gobble up his rebounds. When Jokic is aggressive he plays well, and when Jokic plays well the Nuggets invariably win. The sooner this team figures that out the better for everyone (including fantasy owners). 

If someone is closer to basket, letting someone else gobble up rebound is correct play.

I'm in panic mode with Jokic. I've had him 3 years running but the last 2 years I got him it was a steal.

I'm questioning whether or not he can be a foundation for a fantasy team. When you see a guy like Cousins regular lines and look at Jokic it makes you wonder why Jokic was so much more highly regarded. Yes he has no weaknesses in fantasy but he doesn't consistently bust out great lines

This isn't Jokic hate (I love the joker) but simply saying he may not be the fantasy player we all thought because he just isn't aggressive enough.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

I'm in panic mode with Jokic. I've had him 3 years running but the last 2 years I got him it was a steal.

I'm questioning whether or not he can be a foundation for a fantasy team. When you see a guy like Cousins regular lines and look at Jokic it makes you wonder why Jokic was so much more highly regarded. Yes he has no weaknesses in fantasy but he doesn't consistently bust out great lines

This isn't Jokic hate (I love the joker) but simply saying he may not be the fantasy player we all thought because he just isn't aggressive enough.

He's ranked 13th on per game averages.  I know what you mean about the numbers not jumping out.  I'm not used to having a 1st round pick average 16 ppg.

Got to agree here he doesn't have that consistency and monster stat lines ala Cousins or Davis.

End of the day though hes a unicorn for fantasy doesn't really hurt you anywhere..just hoping he really starts beasting over the next couple of months with Millsap out.

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

The thing with Cousins is you can't win TOs with him.  The cat is just gone (unless you surround him with waiver wire guys and then lose every other category, of course).  Half the time, he blows up your FG%, too.  Jokic never really does any of that, but then you need to be careful about building around him because it's pretty easy to tank your TOs, especially, which takes away 1/9th of his value.

The one league I have Jokic in is actually a forum one with a lot of posters.  I have him paired with Draymond, Hollis-Jefferson, Teague, etc.  Those kinds of dudes.

This is my category breakdown thus far, FG%/FT%/3PM/Pts/Reb/Ast/Stl/Blk/TOs:

5-1-0 5-1-0 0-6-0 1-5-0 6-0-0 4-2-0 2-4-0 5-1-0 3-3-0

Now I'm not losing/punting the cats I'm losing all because of Jokic, of course.  But I guess my point is when you draft him, you don't have a specific punt route to take, which makes the later rounds a lot trickier than I, at least, am used to.  As opposed to like: "Okay I picked Boogie.  Now I take Lillard if he's there, later grab Booker, later grab Nurkic, later grab Smart" etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just saw this on twitter... Nikola Jokic stats with corresponding W/L

10+ PTS = 9-4

10+ RBS = 10-2

5+ AST = 7-3

When he has a double double with PTS, REB, or AST = 10-1

In losses his stats: 14 pts, 8 rbs, 3 ast (4 games at 23 PPG, 5 games at 6.8 PPG)

@Tom Chambers Totally agree with how hard the build is. I went with him and Wall then got CP3 and tried to fill out out with 3 point shooters and defense (one of those defenders being Millsap). Maybe I'm just getting hit with the injury bug and am expecting too much from Jokic because of what I'm missing in other places. Just need this guy to shoot it more lol.

3 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

The thing with Cousins is you can't win TOs with him.  The cat is just gone (unless you surround him with waiver wire guys and then lose every other category, of course).  Half the time, he blows up your FG%, too.  Jokic never really does any of that, but then you need to be careful about building around him because it's pretty easy to tank your TOs, especially, which takes away 1/9th of his value.

The one league I have Jokic in is actually a forum one with a lot of posters.  I have him paired with Draymond, Hollis-Jefferson, Teague, etc.  Those kinds of dudes.

This is my category breakdown thus far, FG%/FT%/3PM/Pts/Reb/Ast/Stl/Blk/TOs:

5-1-0 5-1-0 0-6-0 1-5-0 6-0-0 4-2-0 2-4-0 5-1-0 3-3-0

Now I'm not losing/punting the cats I'm losing all because of Jokic, of course.  But I guess my point is when you draft him, you don't have a specific punt route to take, which makes the later rounds a lot trickier than I, at least, am used to.  As opposed to like: "Okay I picked Boogie.  Now I take Lillard if he's there, later grab Booker, later grab Nurkic, later grab Smart" etc.

People tend to 'forget' TO's..its a damn stat people...it wins you leagues!! with Joker he helps basically every stat and is great for an all around build.

• Like 1