NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Jokic 2017-18 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must be fun playing in an amateur league. 

I saw this thread was hot and it's just about someone's team. 

1. Ignore all the low ball offers. 2. Send low ball offer for Jokic.    

Posted Images

Malone deserves to get fire more than jkidd. What an idiot, offense flows so much better with Jokic at C and not PF. And it's not as if they don't have option at PF, Lyles did a good job starting along side Jokic. Last year experiment of Jokic at PF with Nurkic at C failed miserably, now he is doing it again? What an idiot

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, WatchUrAnkle said:

Coach Malone did the opposite of what he said he would do. Jokic is a beast; still produced despite not playing his natural position. 

Just inefficient because he isn't a natural floor spacer. This rock melon of a head coach will probably feel vindicated if the Nuggets etch out a close win, even though it was far from convincing.

Edited by flat_eric
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, flat_eric said:

Just inefficient because he isn't a natural floor spacer. This rock melon of a head coach will probably feel vindicated if the Nuggets etch out a close win, even though it was far from convincing.

I wanted them to lose just so malone can do some real thinking 

52 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

If this guy finishes with more fga than points..

bingo nailed it! how can malone be coaching at this level? i mean, we are amateurs, maybe even just casual nba fans, but it doesn't need a rocket scientist to figure out playing jokic at the 4 is not working

There are no words.  3 days ago he literally said Jokic is the C and they'll mix and match at PF... fast forward to last night and he starts Jokic and Plumlee against a team that starts small with Aminu at PF.  You can't make this stuff up.  I try not to go overboard criticizing a coach because they (should) know more than the average fan but I'm convinced he has no idea what he's doing.  Murray bailed his a** out last night.

4 minutes ago, BoogieNights said:

There are no words.  3 days ago he literally said Jokic is the C and they'll mix and match at PF... fast forward to last night and he starts Jokic and Plumlee against a team that starts small with Aminu at PF.  You can't make this stuff up.  I try not to go overboard criticizing a coach because they (should) know more than the average fan but I'm convinced he has no idea what he's doing.  Murray bailed his a** out last night.

he might be related to Jason Kidd.

Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, Will Barton, Mason Plumlee and Nikola Jokic will start against the Knicks on Thursday.

The Nuggets will stick with the same starters for two games in a row.

I actually feel like Malone paid for part of Plumlees contract out of his own pocket.  Why else would he so compelled to start him and mess up his Star?

1 minute ago, Elcamino said:

Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, Will Barton, Mason Plumlee and Nikola Jokic will start against the Knicks on Thursday.

The Nuggets will stick with the same starters for two games in a row.

I actually feel like Malone paid for part of Plumlees contract out of his own pocket.  Why else would he so compelled to start him and mess up his Star?

well no one is surprised. Malone keeps saying Jokic is their franchise player unique talent blah blah blah. Well if you truly believe that, put him in a position to succeed, and not have him play PF and take 3s when he is one of the best post players today.

• Like 1

Malone saying Jokic too reliant on jumpers? This guy really needs to be fired. WTF does he expect? He plays Jokic at PF, Jokic and Plumlee can't clog up the paint for spacing purposes. Unless they plan on having plumlee just hang out outside and be a ghost on offense. malone put jokic in this position and now he is blaming Jokic?

It's like Lue playing Love at C and Cavs blaming Love for their woes on defense.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, sya said:

Malone saying Jokic too reliant on jumpers? This guy really needs to be fired. WTF does he expect? He plays Jokic at PF, Jokic and Plumlee can't clog up the paint for spacing purposes. Unless they plan on having plumlee just hang out outside and be a ghost on offense. malone put jokic in this position and now he is blaming Jokic?

It's like Lue playing Love at C and Cavs blaming Love for their woes on defense.

What I heard from that statement is I don’t know what I’m doing

• Like 1

Plumlee is Jokic's safety valve. Whenever Nikola picks up his dribble inside the paint whether it be a double team or just because; he can dump it to plumlee who is way more athletic finishing around the rim. I don't see him getting career averages in points this season.. but all the popcorn stats are nice!

• Like 1