NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Jokic 2017-18 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must be fun playing in an amateur league. 

I saw this thread was hot and it's just about someone's team. 

1. Ignore all the low ball offers. 2. Send low ball offer for Jokic.    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ejaggit said:

I swear when Millsap played with Jokic, he produced big time earlier in the season.... Weird.

He was fine, but people were in here complaining about how Millsap should be giving 3-4 of his possessions per game to Jokic and they were right.

8 minutes ago, KaanYeez said:

The return of Millsap has ruined everything. Its the exactly the same situation that we had before Millsaps injury.

And J. Murray has been struggling as well. Better get right, just a game out of 8th seed. I'm rooting for em'. Like this squad..

10 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

is it time to sell? i have a deal on the table for jrue holiday. selling jokic low, but it is what it is at this point. 

Wouldn't do that if I were you. Hopefully coach figures this out. Yeah, that would be low balling Jokic for sure, not saying Jrue is a bad, but there no comparison when Jokic is on top of his game.

18 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Why doesn't he try To bench Millsap?

Not Jokic

I heard an interesting and potentially plausible theory that Jokic's lack of effort recently comes down to frustration in the offensive scheme Malone is trying to employ with Millsap back. He's essentially camping Jokic out on the three point line and that may explain why he jacked up four contested threes early in the possession. It's not uncommon for young players to react in this manner, and we know he is emotionally fragile. Malone probably senses that and it's why he was benched in the last two games. The onus is on the coach to find a way to get his team going again with the addition of Millsap. If he can't and Denver inevitably fade from playoff contention for the second straight season then he will presumably be fired. A lot at stake here (for us included).

Edited by flat_eric
23 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

I heard an interesting and potentially plausible theory that Jokic's lack of effort recently comes down to frustration in the offensive scheme Malone is trying to employ with Millsap back. He's essentially camping Jokic out on the three point line and that may explain why he jacked up four contested threes early in the possession. It's not uncommon for young players to react in this manner, and we know he is emotionally fragile. Malone probably senses that and it's why he was benched in the last two games. The onus is on the coach to find a way to get his team going again with the addition of Millsap. If he can't and Denver inevitably fade from playoff contention for the second straight season then he will presumably be fired. A lot at stake here (for us included).

In one week Murray and Jokic confidence been destroyed 

They played in one way, now with Millsap in another

Coach's fault 

1 hour ago, pdids911 said:

is it time to sell? i have a deal on the table for jrue holiday. selling jokic low, but it is what it is at this point. 

no way this is terrible timing.

I sold after that houston game because he was unreal few weeks before and i still think him and Millsap will eventually click.

And scoring aside,this last few lines are alright,i think it was bit unrealistic to expect he will avg 20-10-10 down the stretch

I hope both Malone and Jokic get their s--- together soon. I still have 4 games left for round 1 and I'm still winning (I'm against the 8th), but right now seed #4 is killing it and I'm going to lose with this Jokic

Wasn't able to watch the game, but this is why Malone is an idiot. Even stars aren't perfect they have off games. Jokic is the least of the Nugget's problems right now, and Malone is on top of that list if they fail to make the playoffs. I hope this idiot gets fired in the offseason, and be replaced with someone like say Mark Jackson who knows how to teach and let young players grow